15 minutes ago, bad benson said:

yea what i was thinking could work well for prototyping would be releasing it as a workshop mod like has been done with that BIS smg. that way everyone could get the modules, which afaik is the thing that makes it stuck on dev. and then the team working on it could basically do very frequent updates based on immediate feedback.

i would love that. hell do more game modes in the future liek that. i would totally be down with testing and giving feedback more. i always feel that right now the feedback takes such a long route and the iterations are tied to dev branch updates. feels it could be way more direct and faster and more effective.

I agree. Prototypes like Project Argo could also benefit from these compact game mode tests.

• Like 1

this joke needs to be cancelled asap.

instead of stealing other peoples mission ideas start fixing this game.

its getting more and more ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Johnny Drama said:

instead of stealing other peoples mission ideas start fixing this game.

its getting more and more ridiculous.

Considering the mostly positive feedback we've been gathering, I can't agree with your opinion of CP being a "joke". Furthermore, we aren't aware of stealing anyone's mission idea. Combat Patrol has evolved from our internal MOUT training scenario (further details in the recent OPREP) and while it's true there are various usermade sandbox patrol missions, it's only natural that we are experimenting with this format as well as many others. As for you next point, I'm afraid we can't relocate any of the programmers working on Combat Patrol to "start fixing the game" since there are none - it's just myself as the scripter and a few designers currently working on it.

Have a nice day.

• Like 24

14 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Considering the mostly positive feedback we've been gathering, I can't agree with your opinion of CP being a "joke". Furthermore, we aren't aware of stealing anyone's mission idea. Combat Patrol has evolved from our internal MOUT training scenario (further details in the recent OPREP) and while it's true there are various usermade sandbox patrol missions, it's only natural that we are experimenting with this format as well as many others. As for you next point, I'm afraid we can't relocate any of the programmers working on Combat Patrol to "start fixing the game" since there are none - it's just myself as the scripter and a few designers currently working on it.

Have a nice day.

dont pay attention to the trolls :)

As a COOP fan, CP is the best approach to official playable content I've seen since Zeus was introduced.

Keep it up! Once it his stable build you'll have plenty of feedback.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Johnny Drama said:

It's not the only thing that needs cancelling.

• Like 1

Jezuro, are there any news about an update to this game mode?

it's kind of hard to provide feedback if we don't get to test the progress you're making. :f:

• Like 1

yea it got real quiet. i'd even be happy with you guys sharing some ideas you are having so we can speculate and brain storm. don't think no one cares about this.

• Like 4

Things like combat patrol and the coop campaign in apex is exactly what Arma needs more of. Not all of us like to collect gear packs and spend hours making dreamt up scenarios as the core way to enjoy the game.

I want to play high quality immersive and dynamic cooperative games with friends - quickly and easily. I'm hoping CP is a step further in that direction.

Sent from my A1-860 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 2/28/2017 at 10:54 AM, Jezuro said:

Considering the mostly positive feedback we've been gathering, I can't agree with your opinion of CP being a "joke". Furthermore, we aren't aware of stealing anyone's mission idea. Combat Patrol has evolved from our internal MOUT training scenario (further details in the recent OPREP) and while it's true there are various usermade sandbox patrol missions, it's only natural that we are experimenting with this format as well as many others.

Have a nice day.

Ok now I liked to hear more about this. MOUT scenarios are simply the most intense type of combat and tactically interesting imo. Civilians, holed up AT guys knocking out columns of Armor,snipers using all sorts of windows, crevices etc. THIS is the Arma I crave and am always praying for - so whatchall hiding up there in HQ? we want it!

• Like 4

We would like to provide updates on Combat Patrol in bursts - having some weekends with servers prepared for testing. We know that having servers on Dev-Branch is hard for everyone, that's why we were happy for the holidays period to get as much feedback as you all provided. Thanks a lot for that!

• Like 4

Do you have any idea when you will release it to stable? We are quite eager to test it our ourselves. 

Good to hear that Combat Patrol is not forgotten. Actually I am still open to host a server sometime over the weekend and play together if anybody interested.

• Like 1

i don't know if this has been asked before but are ambient civs and traffic a planned feature? with those nice flee animations that have popped up it could be a great little immersion boost.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, pettka said:

We would like to provide updates on Combat Patrol in bursts - having some weekends with servers prepared for testing. We know that having servers on Dev-Branch is hard for everyone, that's why we were happy for the holidays period to get as much feedback as you all provided. Thanks a lot for that!

A SP version would ease the need to coordinate servers. Just wishing/saying. :)

On 07/02/2017 at 11:45 PM, ElPablo said:

HI, I have a simple Zeus enabled version and a few slots added. Host to friends and help test Combat Patrol. I hope my additions don't brake to many things. Feel free to edit and add to it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859307036

created on build 1.69.140280

Works on 64 Bit DEV build only. You need APEX dlc for this mission. If required I could do a vanilla Atlis

edit:-  Altis - vanilla

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860287156

SP missions on Tanoa and Altis with zeus for help to help test extra's

HeroesandvillainsOS

A SP version would ease the need to coordinate servers. Just wishing/saying. :)

• Like 1

oh come one. it's not THAT bad. i have very simple traffic in one of my personal missions. and since the driving AI updates they drive really fast past eachother and stuff. sure i find a crashed car with a dead guy next to a bridge from time to time. and reversing is a struggle. but that's ok. no one is expecting something perfect. it's arma after all. an open game. and well, arma.

i even use making them explode on clean up as ambient explosions :drinking:

• Like 3

Problem with bridges, like on Lingor Map (NE island), is sometimes a lack of road segments. Ais can drive on roads... but only on declared roads. They can't see asphalt or concrete.

I have a question regarding the faction of the units spawned. Will we be able to change the faction type, say in the module or in a script form? Thanks.

I second the call for an SP version of this. I only play SP (casual MP doesn't interest me and I don't have the time to commit to a clan), but I'd be interested in trying out Combat Patrol with some AI squadmates.

• Like 3

Has this been released along with the new 64bit update or is it still only on Dev branch?

Its not released with 1.68, seems like we have to wait for it.

9 hours ago, yxman said:

Its not released with 1.68, seems like we have to wait for it.

I found a sample mission included in the Arma 3 Samples installation, however it looks like its using some new kind of unit sub-faction? called "MOUT" so it can't be loaded in this update unless those are edited into regular NATO dudes in a text editor.

it requires modules which are not present in this current build, so its the same like with squad radar, praise bob and wait (forever)