stevos758

1.66 Hangs at main menu and hangs randomly. Bit Defender issue.

I recently been pulling my hair out trying to play on 1.66 

I tracked it down to bit defender total security.

When I start the game it gets to the main menu every time then hangs for 30-120 seconds. I can move the mouse but none of the menus pop up or animations play. After it fixes itself I am able to join a server and play for a random length of time before the game hangs randomly for another 30-120 seconds. Then the cycle repeats. While it hangs in game VON works fine and I can hear people but the rest of the game is in a "frozen" state.  Just today I temporarily uninstalled bit defender and everything works smoothly as it used to before the update. 

Does anyone have a solution to run Bit Defender and arma?  I just bought another year license so I dont want to throw it away. 

Nice work pin pointing the issue to bitdefender. I am having the same issues. I went so far as to re-install the entire OS (win10) but had the same issue. I was about to leave my pc on for whole night running the memtest (i thought my memory had probs). Am gonna try uninstalling bitdefender for now and see if it resolves.

Hope there's a solution to this as I really do not want to remain without bitdefender for a long time. btw, it was working for years with bitdefender with no issues.