sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

What files contain the voices so I can delete them? they replace the vanilla voices. The NVA/VC voices are heard constantly in the virtual arsenal. this is quite annoying

Edited by Greensnack

Greensnack;

Removing files is asking for the mod to fail, possibly your game to crash when loading the mod and an inability to play the mod in MP. The voices are integrated into Unsung.

Unsung is meant as a standalone mod and as such the license prohibits the modification of the files (readme file included in the download). You would have to un-PBO the mod to access the files at that level. You of course can do what you wish but the Unsung developers won't assist you in it.

I personally just turn the volume way down while in Arsenal, you don't need sound there anyway.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dr@gon said:

Greensnack;

Removing files is asking for the mod to fail, possibly your game to crash when loading the mod and an inability to play the mod in MP. The voices are integrated into Unsung.

Unsung is meant as a standalone mod and as such the license prohibits the modification of the files (readme file included in the download). You would have to un-PBO the mod to access the files at that level. You of course can do what you wish but the Unsung developers won't assist you in it.

I personally just turn the volume way down while in Arsenal, you don't need sound there anyway.

My but on this is that a mod shouldn't break the game, and I'd prefer if this were addressed unless it's only me who has due to a specific collision of mods

The other issue is that all callouts are replaced Nato with '67 USMC and CSAT with VC/NVA

All let me put the "Voices" aka DSAI to bed.

I developed the module to replace all the farsi/ arabic voices with Vietnamese and add more variations to the US side.

At this point let me make it clear IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE DSAI VOICES  DO NOT LOAD THE MOD!! Its that simple ! 

Go to your mods tab in the startup arma menu and uncheck unsung mod and play. This module has been specifically made for the unsung mod and personally it helps a lot with situational awareness. Honestly I am sick of people bitching and moaning about it , really guys enough !

Also if you gonna mix mods eg Unsung with other different period mods well sorry you only asking for trouble it may clash and cause unexpected errors. The mod was designed to be run as a STANDALONE !

SaV

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Greensnack said:

My but on this is that a mod shouldn't break the game, and I'd prefer if this were addressed unless it's only me who has due to a specific collision of mods

The other issue is that all callouts are replaced Nato with '67 USMC and CSAT with VC/NVA

Break the game how? the mod doesn't break the game??? The voices work exactly as designed.

I don't know what you mean by "...collision of mods". No one can make any mod that won't possibly conflict with someone else's mod. Unsung is meant to be stand alone with no other mods loaded. Many players do play it with mods loaded, ACE3 for example is popular but they do so knowing that there could be issues....like with any mod. Mod conflicts happen all the time. Only a handful of mods are specifically tested to work with certain other mods but even then that is a snapshot in time, the next update from mod x, y or z could break something. For this reason the Unsung developers can only guarantee that their mod will work if it is the only mod loaded, any issues found under those circumstances will be addressed and fixed.

If you don't like the Vietnamese voices then don't use the mod, if the issues is when you're in Arsenal then turn down the volume.

• Like 2

The problem is, that if you let Unsung mod enabled in launcher and you want to play any other mission than unsung, say APEX campaign, you keep some Unsung feature like modded first aid kits. I guess in some other cases, opening the arsenal leads to hear Viet in a CSAT context or else.

Furthermore, I experienced to let the Unsung mod enabled while writing/registering a mission from Eden, without any link of any Unsung unit, then quit game and disable later the Unsung mod. After that your non-Unsung scenario will require some Unsung class (uns_weapon_c if I remember) and you cannot launch it anymore until scouting in mission.sqm, deleting the unwanted Unsung class, registering out of the Eden editor.

In other words, Unsung is like some other big mods (TFAR or enhanced editor) too much "preemptive". Not a problem if aware.

As a rule of thumb:

- you play or script Unsung, you have the mod,

- you want to do anything else, other than Unsung, you'd better leave the game, choose the mods you strictly need, Unsung discarded, then run or script what you want.

1 hour ago, dr@gon said:

Break the game how? the mod doesn't break the game??? The voices work exactly as designed.

Well I didn't know the voices were supposed to go over the vanilla one, but them being heard in the Virtual Arsenal  is still problematic and yes I did unload the mod for the time being

They work as expected please dont troll us with your issues lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eggbeast said:

They work as expected please dont troll us with your issues lol

I ain't trolling boi

I unloaded every mod and just had unsung delta just to be sure and the voices still played in the virtual arsenal

• Like 1

Random facewear is a BIS problem - by no means limited to or caused by any mod...:wink_o:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tourist said:

Random facewear is a BIS problem - by no means limited to or caused by any mod...:wink_o:

alright

I'm new, forgive me

So I am noticing that after a few seconds of flying around in the editor for the A3 Vietnam Maps (The ones that require Apex), my game hard crashes with no error. Any ideas of where to start to figure out this issue?

EDIT 1: Hmm apparently it is a C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00DFA8F9 in the rpts. Interesting.

@mannulus

There are so many ways to crash Arma. One sure thing, you can crash easily with several big mods loaded together. I experienced that, each time I try to rewrite a mission from a mod like CUP or RHS, to RHS or Unsung, shifting units types, and so on. Theoretically, you can do many things with the editor, changing unit class, or loadout or texture. In practice, and probably depending on your computer, you crash after 10 minutes, while simply scrolling for zooming. If you need to keep several mods (like for translation from one scenario/world to another) at least try to work in 2D. Things are far better as soon as you can discard the "former" mod. Less mod, less problem

jungle map + 10k view distance = CTD out of memory

jungle + ultra shadows + 5k vd = CTD out of memory

these are my two favourites

8 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

jungle map + 10k view distance = CTD out of memory

jungle + ultra shadows + 5k vd = CTD out of memory

these are my two favourites

Yup, I can´t even create scenarios anymore because of the memory crash. And the 64 Bit build doesn´t fix it either...

Turn shadows down one level

setviewdistance to 2500

which map are you trying?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eggbeast said:

Turn shadows down one level

setviewdistance to 2500

which map are you trying?

My view distance is already set to 2000. The issue also isn´t related to UNSUNG since it happens with my other mod collections too. For me it is especially bad on Taunus but also happens on Altis etc.

Before I could play easily on 4000m view distance and never had the memory crash 

I think it's best to collect these crash informations in a feedback tracker ticket for arma3. Maybe the developers can find the core reason for these crashes.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mannulus said:

So I am noticing that after a few seconds of flying around in the editor for the A3 Vietnam Maps (The ones that require Apex), my game hard crashes with no error. Any ideas of where to start to figure out this issue?

My thing is just weird. Sometimes when I exit the "scope" or exit the artillery in Unsung I insta crash. Sometimes when I spawn a boat and try to then play the scenario I crash. My rpt's ain't showing nothing about it either which is worse.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Unsung. Thank you for all your hard work. Be safe