Jump to content
sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

Recommended Posts

try using 32 bit and turning settings off ultra - seems to cure most crashes

with BI's help we have identified an issue in 64 bit not supporting the old simulation types, so very slowly we are going through all our vehicles and changing them, adding physX etc.

it has slowed us down to a crawl, as only me and tet and dom are working on this, with a little help from pook for his sam related cars.

so once we have that done, we'll be wel;l past our planned release date for echo, and still with development work to do for it. the upshot is that we won't have the content in echo we wanted to. running to stand still again :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pognivet said:

anyone else getting crashes after the new jets dlc update? before the update i could make a mission on any map in the eden editor for as long as i wanted and it was fine. now i can't even get through five minutes of editing on da krong or any other unsung map before the game crashes entirely.

 

it only happens with the unsung mod. i don't know why. any other mod such as cup/rhs and all other non-unsung maps including tanoa are fine.

 


Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 011112C3

 

owww I saw this, not all the time though, but I get errors that I don't see on other maps wich don't make since to me, 

ie I use the same scripts (framework) but only see the errors with unsung.. this "is" a bit odd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a place I can find  classnames for all the weapons/equipment? Multiple searches have lead me nowhere so far. The spreadsheet is out of date and the forums do not list the new weapons as well. Thanks in advance!~

 

I found a workaround to not finding a list. I am able to see it in the editor's cfgweapon and copy the new items out into the sqf file. If you need someone to do documentation let me know. :f:

Edited by sowens
workaround found

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks please send over an updated spreadsheet if you have time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you guys do some changes on the M16s currently available in the mod? the M16 is model is very accurate but the M16A1 is the same model with just a 30rnd mag, the M16A1 had a birdcage flash hider instead of the three prong. Maybe you could add the birdcage to it (like the HBAR) and make a version with 20rnd magazines as well? Also if you want to go very far you could add the XM16E1 used by some units early in nam, it had a three prong flash hider and no dust cover on the side. I dont mean to sound demanding, just a suggestion for the purpose of historical accuracy. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks eggbeast. i thought i had everything on high, but i guess it was on ultra. after turning the settings down to very high it stopped crashing. good to know the fix is so simple.

 

i have another question though. while playing today i picked up a "MAT-49 SMG (folded)". is it possible yet to unfold it? thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ethridge said:

Could you guys do some changes on the M16s currently available in the mod? the M16 is model is very accurate but the M16A1 is the same model with just a 30rnd mag, the M16A1 had a birdcage flash hider instead of the three prong. Maybe you could add the birdcage to it (like the HBAR) and make a version with 20rnd magazines as well? Also if you want to go very far you could add the XM16E1 used by some units early in nam, it had a three prong flash hider and no dust cover on the side. I dont mean to sound demanding, just a suggestion for the purpose of historical accuracy. Thanks

I think they are going to have 20rnd version of M16 with birdcage according to one screenshot. And M16s always had dust covers so wrong info on that one. Colt Model 602s and 604s were one of the first versions of M16 used in 'Nam. So basically your XM16E1 is already in the Unsung as the M16. The earlier version of that you probably want is the model 602 or 604 with slabside or partial fence, no forward assist and earlier model buttstock. Roughly.

 

I would also be really happy if I see those guns. And the XM177E2 with 20 round mag since it's not in the mod. Colt model 607 would also be really damn cool, there was about 30 of them in Vietnam. Tested by SEALs atleast. I think they got into hands of regular units too. Colt model 605 would also be really nice add too, tho it's damn ugly with that short barrel. The most wicked one would be Colt model 608. Known as the USAF survival carbine. These special versions of M16 are not seen in any games basicly. Only model 607 I think.. Unsung would be really unique with having these special colt models ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we wanted to keep it simple, so

- xm16e1 with 20 round mag is the early war rifle designated by us as "m16"

- m16a1 with 30 round mag is the late war rifle designated by us as m16a1

 

we have a variety of xm177's (short carbine, full stock, foregrip etc) but again for simplicity we made them as:

- xm177e1 20 round mag

- xm177e2 30 round mag

 

otherwise we would have literally hundreds of m16 and xm177 variants in the ammo crate, and that is not ideal for us either to manage, or to deliver.

for echo we have removed 2 rounds from each mag to match the local usage in vietnam.

i may add the birdcage properly to the m16a1

many people ask for the 20 round m16a1 so we may have to consider dumping the 30 round versions at some point.

 

however, making 20 and 30 round versions of each rifle, with all of the additional attachments etc is just a step too far.

maybe someone can join the team and do all that work? send me a pm, with examples of your skill.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understandable point there. Keep it simple. Might have to get my hands on those lovely special models by somebody else. I would make my own special M16s if I could. No skill for gun making. Please don't dump the 30 rounder version of the M16. It's good to have for late war stuff. Those 30 rounders started appearing in '69 or '70 in limited numbers. There was some of them earlier during '67 or something but quite damn rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/05/2017 at 4:03 AM, dr death jm said:

grrrr not good eggbeast.i really wish I could help.

I saw that also before the last update. No link imho with jets DLC. It's related with the 3D editor and Unsung maps. Try to work in 2D most of the time. Use 3D on very local area to place something in 3D but return in 2D each time you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he fixed it pierre. it is the ultra settings that cause the memory crash.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd like to start off by saying i appreciate all the work gone into making this mod over the years and my friends and me have enjoyed unsung since arma 2 but i seem to be having a problem. i can't seem to hear the custom american and viet voices anymore. i'm on the dev branch and these are the mods i'm using:

 

 

3den Enhanced    
ace    
ACEX    
Advanced Rappelling    
Advanced Towing    
ALiVE    
bCombat AI mod v0.18 BETA    
Blastcore Edited (standalone version)    
BloodLust    
Bullet Casing    
CBA_A3    
JSRS SOUNDMOD    
MrSanchez' Head Gore Mod    
RDS Civilian Pack    
ShackTac User Interface    
Suonkomar Sahav (decrepit | pre release)    

UNSUNG 3.0 Delta

UNSUNG ALiVE

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DMCA'd thanks for reporting it

thankfully we don't get too many of these distracting thieves these days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, eggbeast said:

we wanted to keep it simple, so

- xm16e1 with 20 round mag is the early war rifle designated by us as "m16"

- m16a1 with 30 round mag is the late war rifle designated by us as m16a1

 

we have a variety of xm177's (short carbine, full stock, foregrip etc) but again for simplicity we made them as:

- xm177e1 20 round mag

- xm177e2 30 round mag

 

otherwise we would have literally hundreds of m16 and xm177 variants in the ammo crate, and that is not ideal for us either to manage, or to deliver.

for echo we have removed 2 rounds from each mag to match the local usage in vietnam.

i may add the birdcage properly to the m16a1

many people ask for the 20 round m16a1 so we may have to consider dumping the 30 round versions at some point.

 

however, making 20 and 30 round versions of each rifle, with all of the additional attachments etc is just a step too far.

maybe someone can join the team and do all that work? send me a pm, with examples of your skill.

 

Completely understandable, but my main point was you should change the M16A1 model to have the birdcage flashhider, as it actually did. And not the three prong like the M16. And have a 20rnd version like you mentioned. Im pretty sure you can have the magazine be a separate model and have it use different mags, ive seen some other weapons do it. Thanks for responding, and im looking forward to Echo, any news on fixing the bug with the UH-1D where the AI takes it up into space? Its a real pain when you want AI pilots in missions. Would it be possible to have the magazine start with 18rnds but have the ability to put 2 extra rounds in with ACE repacking? The point of only putting in 18 was to preserve the reliability of the magazine, but thats not always the most important thing. Sorry for spamming the thread, ive had a bunch of stuff to say about the mod and just got around to it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cullin said:

I think they are going to have 20rnd version of M16 with birdcage according to one screenshot. And M16s always had dust covers so wrong info on that one. Colt Model 602s and 604s were one of the first versions of M16 used in 'Nam. So basically your XM16E1 is already in the Unsung as the M16. The earlier version of that you probably want is the model 602 or 604 with slabside or partial fence, no forward assist and earlier model buttstock. Roughly.

 

I would also be really happy if I see those guns. And the XM177E2 with 20 round mag since it's not in the mod. Colt model 607 would also be really damn cool, there was about 30 of them in Vietnam. Tested by SEALs atleast. I think they got into hands of regular units too. Colt model 605 would also be really nice add too, tho it's damn ugly with that short barrel. The most wicked one would be Colt model 608. Known as the USAF survival carbine. These special versions of M16 are not seen in any games basicly. Only model 607 I think.. Unsung would be really unique with having these special colt models ;)

Yeah I was wrong about the dust covers, thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, eggbeast said:

he fixed it pierre. it is the ultra settings that cause the memory crash.

 

Any idea what causes it? I get crashes on Da Krong and Doung, but not on any other maps. Before 64bit it didnt crash, I always play on Ultra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same with me. Doung crashes me on 3D editor when having really high graphics. I always turn them low during editing and when I get to play -> ultra

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure if this has been reported but none of the helmets say they have any protection how do i fix this was it because i put the patch in the addons folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the helmets do not have ballistic protection correct

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eggbeast said:

the helmets do not have ballistic protection correct

Steel pots were good for cooking, shaving, bathing, or shittin in. :drinking2:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

the helmets do not have ballistic protection correct

all the bars are at zero/ minimum

I figured something must have gone wrong in my installation, or is it not finished yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

 

I'm new in Arma 3, and that's my problem is that I can't reach it the 'get in' waypoint (memory point or trigger point) on the (unsung) A-6 Intruder (and others). If I stand on a palette, or other smile object, then I visible the 'get in' plane trigger point. How can this problem be solved (without palette)? :)

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×