sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

wow what a cheeky f**ker! he even re-branded it to his own mod name and logo!

2f7Gg4d.jpg

• Like 3

Does this mod need Apex? When I go to one of the maps, there are no trees to be found. 

9 minutes ago, Arenite said:

Does this mod need Apex? When I go to one of the maps, there are no trees to be found. 

daac4439860083bcb0e4edd165e8b8ce.png

c'mon man it's on the first post :P

At least the coming update you won't have to worry about that. (It's only 4 of the overall maps anyway, Da Krong, Duong Island, Song Cu and Khe Sanh so for now if apex is still not owned you can wait until the update comes)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

http://armanam.eu/index.html#gallery

scroll down 1 para, and you'll see the answer to this question

43 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

http://armanam.eu/index.html#gallery

scroll down 1 para, and you'll see the answer to this question

Alright, i didn't pay attention to the front page, sorry :)
But its cool that you are releasing non-apex maps for us non apex owners

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arenite said:

Alright, i didn't pay attention to the front page, sorry :)
But its cool that you are releasing non-apex maps for us non apex owners

Its also cool to support BI by buying the Apex DLC.

Right now its on a -66% sale so it's only £8.5 or 2 pints in London or 3 pints elsewhere.

https://steamdb.info/app/395180/

• Like 6

howcome the mod isnt on steam workshop :( i dont use PWS as its buggy as hell. 

would be so much easier. 

45 minutes ago, tyl3r99 said:

howcome the mod isnt on steam workshop :( i dont use PWS as its buggy as hell. 

would be so much easier. 

It maybe easier, but i doesn't necessary mean its better. The main reason will be that the authors of the mod will not agree with the Steam EULA. Which will mean no upload to steam.

• Like 2

Announcement we sent out to 800 members of the Unsung gaming group on steam yesterday

meanwhile you can get the mod via torrent, PWS, armaholic or arma 3 launcher here

Hi guys

Just letting you know that we have some big plans afoot for multi-player unsung.

UNSUNG IS COMING TO STEAM

Yes we finally did it. Having listened to our fans over the years, and having consulted with many mod teams like 3CB, RHS, FoW, PRACS and others, we have decided to take the risk and bring you Unsung mod on Steam Workshop.

We recently cleaned off the many pirate copies hosted here and are preparing to launch ECHO on Steam here in early August 2017.

SERVER MOVING

After recent discussions with Elite Warriors, and in preparation for the awesomeness of Unsung ECHO release, the official Unsung public server is migrating to a new home hosted by Gaming Deluxe
The IP will be changing soon - we will let you know when this is happening.

We already operate 5 public servers on GD, though we don't think many people find them that easily. In our new home we hope to be bringing you MORE servers for the ECHO release, including PVP and Insurgency.

Thanks go to Elite-Warriors for their tireless support over the past 18 months.

NEW MULTI-CLAN UNIT

Thanks to BI's technology, playing Unsung with your fellow Nam enthusiasts has never been easier.

You can now opt in to a new Project Delta unit set up (for all Unsung players regardless of their home clan) here

Click on the servers list in the Arma 3 Launcher and you will see 5 permanent Unsung servers listed.

Thanks, and looking forward to an awesome launch party at the end of July.

If you donated for models, or supported us in various ways (you know who you are!) that is your chance to come and shoot the devs in the PVP arena night.

Eggbeast, Sgt-Savage (retd), TeTeT, Razorback, Barden and all the guys at the Unsung mod.

• Like 8

Should the m79 not be able to take the HEDP rounds? I don't get why it can't take them but m203's can

IN ZEUS I CAnt place any unsung mod units down like marines or soldiers. i can play vehicles. But not troops. Any help?

just putting this in here. so we remember to look at it

Hi Folks,

A couple basic questions if you don't mind:

• Are the bayonets and knives actually useable ?
  • How do you turn on the flashlights (nothing obvious like a mouse click or scroll menu seems to have an option) ?
  • How do I use the Claymore Mines (I have the clacker and the mine in my inventory - no obvious way to place or detonate)...

Thanks so much - really loving Unsung on that new Cambodian map...

Regards,
Scott

Are the bayonets and knives actually useable ?

Not yet.

How do you turn on the flashlights (nothing obvious like a mouse click or scroll menu seems to have an option) ?

Same way as any default weapon flashlight or laser turns on. By default I believe it`s the "L" key.

How do I use the Claymore Mines (I have the clacker and the mine in my inventory - no obvious way to place or detonate)...

They`re just placeable manual/timer activated charges, used the same way as the other ones in the mod. Bring up your command menu and select "Put Claymore Charge (x left)". Once it`s placed on the ground, either set a 40 second timer, or detonate it manually, both available from the command menu. No clacker needed.

• Like 1

thanks fp. also the clacker is designed to find all local claymores and detonate them. but we haven't yet implemented the new code for it in A3.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the answers...

Ahh - the "L" key - I'll give that a go... I'm trying to setup a mission similar to "egg's" old A2 mission - a true favorite - really enjoyed that one - prepping and fortifying the area at dusk - camping out on the top of the hill in the dark waiting for charlie to come a call'n...

As for the mines themselves - yeah - strange - they didn't appear in my command menu even though they were definitely in my inventory - maybe ALiVE/ACE/C2 or something is interfering with it... I'll test again without the mods...

Bravo Zulu to the Unsung team...

Regards,

Scott

23 hours ago, scottb613 said:

As for the mines themselves - yeah - strange - they didn't appear in my command menu even though they were definitely in my inventory - maybe ALiVE/ACE/C2 or something is interfering with it... I'll test again without the mods...    

If you are using ACE, you just have to use the ACE Self interaction menu, go to the explosives option and keep following the commands to place it.

Once it's placed, use your interact key to interact with it on the ground and set a timer to it. If you get an ACE Clacker (M57 or the other one), not an UNSUNG one, you can assign it to that clacker via interacting with the explosive on the ground also. It will assign it to a number code, and to set it off you open self interaction, explosives, go to the clacker and you can either click the specific code (you have to remember which one is which!) or you can set all to go off.

• Like 3

Hi @Barden,

Thanks for taking the time to respond... LOL - funny - had just watched a video on ACE Claymore's last night while trying to figure this out... So - to use this - I think I need to add the ACE module for explosives to the mission  - then an ACE supply box containing their ACE Clacker - what I don't see is an ACE Claymore mine - so I'm assuming I could use the Unsung Claymore with the ACE detonator (after I figure out how to place the Unsung Claymore) ??? LOL - as in real life - Claymore's seem like a good way to deter the OPFOR from overrunning an outnumbered fixed position... I'll try it this weekend when I get in...

:f:

Regards,

Scott

12 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

what I don't see is an ACE Claymore mine

Yes, you can also put down arsenal and it'll give you all that you need rather than 3 different crates. Just put this into the init field of the box in editor:

Spoiler

0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

Then it should become a accessible scroll wheel option when looking at the box.

When you look for it in either an explosives box or in the explosive sections of the arsenal, I believe it'll be listed as M18A1. If you want the BEST effect UNSUNG claymores do work but default claymores with ACE might have better effect at current time whilst we're still working on things. Feel free to try it out and let us know the difference though, would be good to see :)

• Like 2

Hi @Barden,

You've been more than helpful - thank you sir...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 1:02 PM, eggbeast said:

UNSUNG IS COMING TO STEAM

Yes we finally did it. Having listened to our fans over the years, and having consulted with many mod teams like 3CB, RHS, FoW, PRACS and others, we have decided to take the risk and bring you Unsung mod on Steam Workshop.

We recently cleaned off the many pirate copies hosted here and are preparing to launch ECHO on Steam here in early August 2017.

wow amazing news thank you very much guys!!! 

• Like 3

I'm having some difficulties using Unsung Delta with Dynamic Recon Ops. It's rare for me to even reach the point of deploying on the mission before Arma crashes with an application hang error. Usually it crashes during the mission parameters set-up phase or the loadout phase, but very occasionally I can actually deploy and make it about 30 seconds into the mission until it crashes. I can use many other mods with DRO just fine, it's only when I'm running Unsung, either in conjunction with other mods or by itself, that I run into these constant crashes. Any suggestions on how I might fix this? 1.72 stable.

4 hours ago, Mynock said:

I'm having some difficulties using Unsung Delta with Dynamic Recon Ops. It's rare for me to even reach the point of deploying on the mission before Arma crashes with an application hang error. Usually it crashes during the mission parameters set-up phase or the loadout phase, but very occasionally I can actually deploy and make it about 30 seconds into the mission until it crashes. I can use many other mods with DRO just fine, it's only when I'm running Unsung, either in conjunction with other mods or by itself, that I run into these constant crashes. Any suggestions on how I might fix this? 1.72 stable.

Do you have anything running on Ultra settings? If so try turning them to high or very high.

Hay eggbeast so any idea yet why what i posted in the video is happening to me? 

1 hour ago, Barden said:

Do you have anything running on Ultra settings? If so try turning them to high or very high.

No, I don't have a good enough computer for that. I run most things on medium. View distances very low as well. I only have a single 770GTX. I can use the maps and assets fine in the editor, it's an Unsung with DRO specific issue I'm having, that's the only time it crashes on me consistently.