sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

6 hours ago, chas gate said:

Really though nice job on the unis but dose anyone else get that were you fly around then all of the sudden poof your fuel runs dry without warning?

Well i found its only on mp. What weired is every vehicle i enter and i alone emptys of ammo then at some point fuel. its randome and i have the version from the torrent.

This reminds me of a BAS blackhawk back in the OFP days. But that is only up to the devs to know, and if they don't it's strange indeed :)

ok I found my problem what I posted yesterday, (maybe).

I decided to use a3launcher and it confirmed all my addons were ok, "but for unsung", a3launcher said its not installed.

so , I deleted what ever I had for unsung and reinstalling from a3launcher.

yeah there's a folder-name discrepancy, as maca renamed it for a3l. which was sensible tbh, we should do the same this next release, so it's just called @UNSUNG

I am curious to know, don't know if this has already been addressed, but is there an eta with the next update for UNSUNG? I am absolutely love this mod and find it way more fun than RHS and some of the modern stuff that is so common place with the community. 

Hi Nightwolf2112, in general asking for update release dates is discouraged on this forum. Having said that, we aim for an update in start of summer. But this is never set in stone, really depends on the team members time allowance and on the usual hiccups encountered. Thanks for the kind words on the mod itself.

• Like 3

Copy that. I do apologize. I don't use the forums much so i'm not aware of all the common knowledge yet. I appreciate the timely response on this and I really look forward to the update. My unit has been pressuring me to make some missions for the LRRP's and some other missions now that my schedule has free'd up some. Keep up the good work and thanks!

Hey guys, just wondering if you would consider upgrading the maps to have more detailed LODs?

When I compare Suonkomar from Bludclot it is pretty noticeable regarding the aggressive terrain LODing. 

You can tell when you on 1 side of a river with ultra settings. Even with 12000 terrain and objects you can see the other side looks like a tad bald.

I think you guys can push the quality or density up a bit and let servers set the limits for online play. Users with upgraded graphics cards can enjoy denser foliage if they have system power to push it. I know it takes time to rework.

• Like 1

Having multiple crashing trying to place PAVN trenches. Is this a known bug?

I can place PAVN Trenches on 32 bit on Tanoa

I can place US Trenches on both 32 bit and 64 bit on Tanoa

Placing PAVN on 64 bit Tanoa crashes arma

• Like 1

sowens, this will be in fixed in Echo. Seems that some rvmat has an invalid shader entry and this causes the crashes.

Valken, the terrains are constantly being improved and updated. But do not expect any sudden moves to one or another extreme. Modding terrain is a very time consuming task.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

sowens, this will be in fixed in Echo. Seems that some rvmat has an invalid shader entry and this causes the crashes.

Valken, the terrains are constantly being improved and updated. But do not expect any sudden moves to one or another extreme. Modding terrain is a very time consuming task.

Thanks bud! Just wanted to make sure if it was known or not. You guys keep up the great work over there!

• Like 1

@ Tetet - no worries mate. Just pointing it out as we notice it during online games.

Appreciate all the hard work you all have been doing.

I think BIS should just hire you guys to create ARMA - Vietnam the Game and be done with it. It would be a bigger seller than even DayZ!

• Like 1

not sure that is true, but it would be cool.

would be good to know how many people out there would help crowd-fund a commercial rebuild of unsung. we reckon it would cost upwards of £100k to make, as it would need a campaign, several new maps, units, voices, sounds and a good chunk of kit (carrier, planes, helis, bunkers, tanks, trucks, weapons, equipment, etc)

so if someone out there is an arab prince, or a russian oil baron, or a famous movie star and you are a nam freak do get in touch, we'd love to hear from you hehe

I served with a Qatari prince in the navy, but lost touch more than 25 years ago. shame!

Timescale-wise it would have to be for arma 4, as the time it takes to make an island is about 12 months, and that pushes us out of the development schedule for arma 3 afaik.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2017 at 8:23 PM, pharoah said:

Love Unsung but find it difficult to find any servers running it, or if I do...its empty. As I'm Aust based, when I'm playing the US servers are usually empty. Any Unsung servers with COOP mode ie. AI enemy inf?

SimHQ.com has a session on Saturday afternoons. Info in their Arma forum. 4EST. Probably too late for you, but just letting you know.

Can anyone tell me the init. command for the E2C Hawkeye "wing folding" command?

I'm trying to place a packed Hawkeye on the new CVN83 carrier but it doesn't automatically packed on mission start as it was on the Nimitz or on the ground.

Thanks.

sorry i dont have the old scripts handy as we've updated them for echo.

19 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

sorry i dont have the old scripts handy as we've updated them for echo.

OK thanks. 

Will it be possible to see the folded state of the plane in the editor in the Echo version?

i have no idea how to do that.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, bonchie said:

good grief I quoted the wrong post.. SOoo opPs.

sometimes its best when you join an empty server , just stay there for a bit. my server is empty for the most part, but if I go on and wait I sometimes have 20 to 30 players. 

Thanks to the whole team for this great mod. :drinking2:

• Like 2

heya any of you play around with unsung air since the update, 

my death match mission , the way the planes fly and move is awesome. 

I'm not sure what was updated, but the planes in unsung just got more wicked.

so soon as I have time ill be making a team dm with air.. (so much fun). 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 0:08 AM, bonchie said:

SimHQ.com has a session on Saturday afternoons. Info in their Arma forum. 4EST. Probably too late for you, but just letting you know.

ok thanks mate. Will give it a looksee when i can :)

anyone else getting crashes after the new jets dlc update? before the update i could make a mission on any map in the eden editor for as long as i wanted and it was fine. now i can't even get through five minutes of editing on da krong or any other unsung map before the game crashes entirely.

it only happens with the unsung mod. i don't know why. any other mod such as cup/rhs and all other non-unsung maps including tanoa are fine.

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 011112C3