sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

Assuming he means "shift" for the thrust key, rather than shit ;)

The wing folding problem is a known error, in arma 3 1.68 the animate command does no longer understand 'false' as third parameter. It's fixed on dev branch 1.71.

assume all errors are known, and probably will not be fixed in time for xmas lol.

• Like 1

I wish I knew more about scripting and mods, if I'm correct this is one of the oldest mods that was first written in the ofp days,

I hate seeing people complain, about it.

there are not many mods like unsung that made it this far.

this mod will always be one of my fav,

sorry for typing this nonsense (its early in the morning).

I just wanted to say thank you to the unsung team (for sticking around so long).

• Like 3

thanks mate, we enjoy comments from people who care about the mod and the team, the history, and fighting alongside their brothers, and not just their own pet grumbles about WIP stuff we know about anyway. keep up the good work with your mission building!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 9:05 PM, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

I tested in a quick mission and it seems that RUG_DSAI_TerminalDistance = -1; is proprely disabling RUG_DSAI while RUG_DSAI_CycleTime = 30; makes them less talkive.

No influence in the Arsenal.

That's the answer 1212PDMCDMPPM if anyone wants it. Thanks.

Hey guys, just recently started playing around with Unsung in the editor and am getting constant crashes to desktop.  Any ideas?  Thanks

1 minute ago, MANTIA said:

Hey guys, just recently started playing around with Unsung in the editor and am getting constant crashes to desktop.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Somekind of memory error? "Memory could not be read" or something like that?

4 minutes ago, Cullin said:

Somekind of memory error? "Memory could not be read" or something like that?

"Arma 3 has topped working   A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Appears to happen more often on the .RungSat  terrain. 

1 minute ago, MANTIA said:

"Arma 3 has topped working   A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Appears to happen more often on the .RungSat  terrain. 

Weird. I get "memory could not be read" mostly on Doung Island when having real high graphics. Turning to standard or lower will do. Editor only.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cullin said:

Weird. I get "memory could not be read" mostly on Doung Island when having real high graphics. Turning to standard or lower will do. Editor only.

This seems to be working so far, thanks!

Mantia, if you can always reproduce this crash to desktop, please add a ticket to http://feedback.arma3.com and add your log and dump files to it. With some luck a BI developer will take a look at it and may find the culprit.

• Like 1

we find 64 bit is very bad

Love Unsung but find it difficult to find any servers running it, or if I do...its empty. As I'm Aust based, when I'm playing the US servers are usually empty. Any Unsung servers with COOP mode ie. AI enemy inf?

elite warriors is the official server, tends to get full or close to it most days.

• Like 1

I can confirm, there are plenty of objects on terrains, and I've got some crashes in 3D eden editor. To damper that, I'm working as far as possible in 2D map, then 3D for some positioning, crossing fingers. Don't stay in 3D editor. The preview or the mission seem less sensible.

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

I can confirm, there are plenty of objects on terrains, and I've got some crashes in 3D eden editor. To damper that, I'm working as far as possible in 2D map, then 3D for some positioning, crossing fingers. Don't stay in 3D editor. The preview or the mission seem less sensible.

when I was making my missions I did the same, for me it seems scaling the map to quickly with an object would crash me 50% or the time, so I used 2d to basically set everything were I wanted and used 3d to define it better.

I've had no issues doing it this way.

combat footage from jeza shows the DSAI working really well for ambience

• Like 3

Well ask savage requsted i got a video of the problems. These are the same problems that have plagued me and other units out of no were.  Yes i know egg beast wont help but the unsung team has good modders who must be willing to help find the solution. Also wolf and are unit has patched things up with ome of the team leading me to say sorry egg beast.

Eggbeast i know we have had bad blood and i understand that in your eyes im a troll. Savage and many others can vouch im a hot head such as bigstone and savage. Agian i am sorry for anything that has seemed either trolly or what ever has seemed stupider than hell. Also im not the most well versed in typing and i dont check the typing when its done. Also i want to make the point that i have never tryed to troll, The main thing is i have as  i sayed a very bad way with typing and such.

So heres the videos: 

• Like 2

@chas, well done for manning up, and deciding not to target me with any more abuse. for that i am grateful. I never had any bad blood with you, you just seemed to take offence when EW declined your application, which had nothing t odo with me at all. i'm not a recruiting officer and i only have one vote at EW. But you did target me with abuse after that, and then you joined forces with kromewolf,

i must say i was amazed to see your friend kromewolf apologise publicly to sav for all the threats of violence he issued to him, and the pages of expletives he sent to him regularly. he has never apologised to me though, and he has sent me some pretty salty mails and posts over the years. I always delete them without reading them after the first line, as i am busy modding.

why people decide to attack community modders who give up their free time to make something for free for everyone to enjoy, i really don't understand.

maybe the future on the internet is not as bleak as everyone over 30 thinks it is. youngsters grow up, and apologise! who knew?

• Like 5

The thing i was all mad about was over the weapon thing and such im over it now. Now back to the biggest pain ive ever faced. What in the sam hell is causing what is happening in the video?

some new helmet stuff i've been developing with Adrien and Charline, our artist friends from france...

9UL3y3S.jpg

LXVpMCy.jpg

• Like 15

Really though nice job on the unis but dose anyone else get that were you fly around then all of the sudden poof your fuel runs dry without warning?

Well i found its only on mp. What weired is every vehicle i enter and i alone emptys of ammo then at some point fuel. its randome and i have the version from the torrent.

we will look into it chas.

is anyone receiving script errors after mission has ended?

I guess best way to really explain is, say like my "overviewPicture "

I see the pic, but ill receive a error (99not at mission start) but when the mission ends or when I change the mission.

I have no time to post rpt,(I'm on my way to work) but maybe some one else is seeing this and knows the reason why?

thanks.

and update to  swamphut ll coming soon.