sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

the knife will be usable when we upgrade the resources code pack

cigarettes are part of a separate mod (if you have seen them in vids etc), our items are for mission makers to use, not always a playable feature.

• Like 4

The mod is great but weapon sounds are way below standard and that is quite sad since everything else is amazing.
No disrespect here just trying to give some feedback to improve this great mod further.

as stated many times before, unfortunately we don't have anyone in the team who can deal with the new arm 3 sound config system for weapons.

the rest of us are busy with other parts of the project.

if anyone wishes to work with us to upgrade the sound shaders and tails, please send me a PM.

• Like 1

I just bought Apex on sale today just to play your mod. I gotta say that your mod is amazing with Apex! Thank you for your hard work.

I have been out of mission making for a long time but I'm going to do some Vietnam coop missions for me and my friends. I wanted to create missions where you can call artillery and air support. I noticed that Unsung planes don't support Bohemias support modules. What scripts do you guys use to create artillery and airsupport for multiplayer missions? I have searched the forums but all the scripts and addons I have found are now obsolete and don't work anymore. I would appreciate any tips.

• Like 1

What mods would people recommend in conjuction with unsung.

Also, and recommended missions for 2 players? Only got myself and 1 mate

I asked this in the Discussion thread, but that might not have been the right place. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something, but the napalm really isn't bright for me. The effect looks kind of dim compared to the surrounding fires.

yeah the fx need a revamp. we may use the new stuff made by alias

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 7:19 PM, sgt_savage said:

All let me put the "Voices" aka DSAI to bed.

I developed the module to replace all the farsi/ arabic voices with Vietnamese and add more variations to the US side.

At this point let me make it clear IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE DSAI VOICES  DO NOT LOAD THE MOD!! Its that simple ! 

Go to your mods tab in the startup arma menu and uncheck unsung mod and play. This module has been specifically made for the unsung mod and personally it helps a lot with situational awareness. Honestly I am sick of people bitching and moaning about it , really guys enough !

Also if you gonna mix mods eg Unsung with other different period mods well sorry you only asking for trouble it may clash and cause unexpected errors. The mod was designed to be run as a STANDALONE !

SaV

Here's a thought, instead of constantly being dismissive request to avoid the cartoon-grade unsung voices, and insisting that their merit to be nonobjective. Them improving situational awareness is laughable at best, constantly hearing marines yell "they're all over us myaaan!" in a voice only comparable to that of Shaggy from Scooby Doo and the Vietcong doing all short of literally yelling "ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME" is perhaps the most un immersive and distracting thing I have experienced in an ARMA mod. I get that you all are all proud of the mod which you very appreciably made for free, but clearly a lot of folks out there don't like the voices, so why not make them a module or install option, or at least their disabling one. UNSUNG is an otherwise excellent mod that is very unnecessarily tainted by this feature.

• Like 5

just uninstall it and jog on fella

• Like 4

I must of missed something, or I just don't hear these (me love you long time)..

that being said, it must only bother the few.

once my RTS V   (originally  karrillions rts from ofp and arma1) is finished "unsung will be added to the RTS saga.

Zen is basically  rewriting a whole new engine/framework for it. (its going to be good).

8 hours ago, Bootsy Collins said:

Here's a thought, instead of constantly being dismissive request to avoid the cartoon-grade unsung voices, and insisting that their merit to be nonobjective. Them improving situational awareness is laughable at best, constantly hearing marines yell "they're all over us myaaan!" in a voice only comparable to that of Shaggy from Scooby Doo and the Vietcong doing all short of literally yelling "ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME" is perhaps the most un immersive and distracting thing I have experienced in an ARMA mod. I get that you all are all proud of the mod which you very appreciably made for free, but clearly a lot of folks out there don't like the voices, so why not make them a module or install option, or at least their disabling one. UNSUNG is an otherwise excellent mod that is very unnecessarily tainted by this feature.

This.

I actually don't mind the us forces when in the field, there's been some tense moments where I get a real relief from suddenly hearing their voices in the jungle behind us, even if it is kinda silly.  

It's the screaming at 200% volume in the editor and virtual armory that absolutely drives me and pretty much everyone crazy.

Apart from these screaming voices it's an absolute trophy mod.

• Like 4

we always like to hear detailed critique from people with 3 posts, thanks guys, keep up the good work.

if you don't mind i'll get back to my mod dungeon now and do something useful for you all to enjoy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dr death jm said:

I must of missed something, or I just don't hear these (me love you long time)..

It's from Full Metal Jacket, i think he used it as an example :don11:

7 hours ago, eggbeast said:

we always like to hear detailed critique from people with 3 posts, thanks guys, keep up the good work.

if you don't mind i'll get back to my mod dungeon now and do something useful for you all to enjoy.

I would much rather be someone with three post on a forum about a video game than someone with over five thousands post on a forum for the same game.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, eggbeast said:

• Like 3

It would be great if those that are unhappy with the current voice system would invest some time and do some research how to disable the rug dsai in the arsenal and in the mission and post their results instead of demanding a fix. I guess this wiki entry is a starting point, though I'm not familiar with the details of the scripts: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RUG_DSAI

While I'm interesting in the subject, I cannot reasonably find time to dwell into this as well. If other replies come across a bit salty, it's the same base problem: there are not enough hours to complete all the tasks at once. So we have to focus on those areas that interest us and benefit the mod.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

It would be great if those that are unhappy with the current voice system would invest some time and do some research how to disable the rug dsai in the arsenal and in the mission and post their results instead of demanding a fix. I guess this wiki entry is a starting point, though I'm not familiar with the details of the scripts: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RUG_DSAI

While I'm interesting in the subject, I cannot reasonably find time to dwell into this as well. If other replies come across a bit salty, it's the same base problem: there are not enough hours to complete all the tasks at once. So we have to focus on those areas that interest us and benefit the mod.

I'll look into this, thank you for the help!  I'm a dumb as rocks when it comes to scripts and coding, I don't even know where to start.  I really do appreciate the work and time all of you have invested, I have more hours on unsung than any other mod now, and maybe even more than vanilla itself.  

It's just really disappointing to see dismissive & butt hurt replys.

I tested in a quick mission and it seems that RUG_DSAI_TerminalDistance = -1; is proprely disabling RUG_DSAI while RUG_DSAI_CycleTime = 30; makes them less talkive.

No influence in the Arsenal.

• Like 1

stick around if you want some more... i'm the maestro of butthurt

I'm not aware of a way to run a script upon entering the virtual arsenal. Maybe a work around could be a 'muffle item' that sets the RUG_DSAI_TerminalDistance = -1 variable in an init event handler? So a player would equip himself first with the 'muffle item' and the voices may stop.

1 hour ago, ross jagger said:

Do you think we will see a return of the radio?

Yes :)

Hi Team, 

Not sure if this is known, but when the wings up automatically, you cant actually lower them, 

It comes up with a script error 

And when shit is pressed on the F-111D the afterburner comes on automatically :) 

Cheers

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 4:22 PM, eggbeast said:

yeah the fx need a revamp. we may use the new stuff made by alias

just need to add one line to the config mate....

class nape_LightExp
        {
            simulation = "light";
            type = "ExplosionLight";
            position[] = {0, 0, 0};
            intensity = 2;
            interval = 1;
            lifeTime = 20;
        };    

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Maj.Boggie said:

Hi Team, 

Not sure if this is known, but when the wings up automatically, you cant actually lower them, 

It comes up with a script error 

And when shit is pressed on the F-111D the afterburner comes on automatically :) 

Cheers

What is meant by "when shit is pressed" ? specifically what? this error report has absolutely no useful information other than pointing out an inability to properly use the word "shit".

what is the script error? other mods running? screenshot? version used? dev branch?

come on man.... 

• Like 1