sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

yeah we know, people report it every few pages

just take your headset off when in zeus lol

• Like 1

Gents,

New mission for ArmA 3 Unsung Vietnam has been posted on the Steam workshop.
Details for it can be found here:  https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/203394-the-night-tigers-an-unsung-vietnam-coop-mission/

Link to the mission itself is here : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898007862

(Just click "Subscribe" and it'll auto-download/install for you.

Plays fine on a dedicated server, too.

Regards, Odd

• Like 1

finally got fog moving realistically..it  took some brain cells "I don't have" many left.

ill be uploading mission by tomorrow.

best to watch mission in full window.. its darkish..

• Like 1

After the latest update noticed a bug where you can't get in the A6 and all aircraft with foldable wings spawn with wings folded unless in the air. Using the command to init them unfolded doesn't work for any plane. When running the unfold wings command in the action menu, getting an error on line 18 bool expected in in uns_a6_c/functions/fn_wings.sqf. Also, getting errors in the display for c1a and a few others.

Modifying fn_wingsdown.sqf line 5 from false to true reverses this issue, but doesn't solve it as you then can't fold wings. Created an account at armanam waiting for admin acceptance and I can provide more details.

On 05/04/2017 at 4:12 AM, silentghost1911 said:

After the latest update noticed a bug where you can't get in the A6 and all aircraft with foldable wings spawn with wings folded unless in the air. Using the command to init them unfolded doesn't work for any plane. When running the unfold wings command in the action menu, getting an error on line 18 bool expected in in uns_a6_c/functions/fn_wings.sqf. Also, getting errors in the display for c1a and a few others.

Modifying fn_wingsdown.sqf line 5 from false to true reverses this issue, but doesn't solve it as you then can't fold wings. Created an account at armanam waiting for admin acceptance and I can provide more details.

will sort out your account thanks

we have been unable to do any testing for 3 weeks now due to the arma 3 update that crashes our server every hour. it's really crap.

3 hours ago, eggbeast said:

will sort out your account thanks

we have been unable to do any testing for 3 weeks now due to the arma 3 update that crashes our server every hour. it's really crap.

this may or may not be the same issue but worth a try.

my server was dropping to so I took the missions (that were using unsung) and made a composition of it in the editor.

I then took out the mission from the mpMission folder restated arma3 and re made the mission with the composition,

then just copied and pasted all the mission file's to the new mission made with the composition.

I haven't had issues since.

hope it helps

not for nothing, but that composition is a real nice way to save some time. when like me, if I'm just editing 1 mission to another map, I don't have to do much object/trigger (editor editing) .

heres a test https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6aUdL_pIZqgZJXpIFZd9Ud4YgbOA this is a bridge I made.

pop it in your composition folder , it will now be in your editor to use.... (this bridge is useless) to big, but I just wanted to see somome try it and say hey , cool we can share compositions...

my missions has over 200 files in it, not sure your method will help, but thanks anyway

9 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

my missions has over 200 files in it, not sure your method will help, but thanks anyway

the fix is in the sqm, if you do my method you just need to paste the 200+ file over to the new sqm.

but, I hope thinks work out and you find a solution ..

11 hours ago, gunnyhighway said:

Ha ha ha !...I've got it through Steam!...Thank you guys!...Steam is gonna be happy!

I don't quite understand... You are posting to state that you are, or know someone who is, breaking copyright and our license and uploading to steam, for attention? or for another reason? I simply don't quite get it.

EDIT: I do believe he is posting after seeing he made a discussion thread in the steam workshop link to dr death jm's missions, that he thinks that he is getting the whole UNSUNG mod from the steam workshop by subscribing to the missions.

Put simply you are allowed to put missions on the workshop using the mod, just not the mod or any files itself :P and this is what dr death jm has done, he hasn't uploaded the mod, only missions and I think you might be getting a little confused. Sorry if you are.

Edited by Barden
  • Like 2

i was just posting this in steam to him, i think he thinking the autotank made with unsung is the complete mod with mission.

i guess i should of posted a link to bis forums or your d load section for the mod. Ill edit my missions to properly explain that unsung is not in the d load ..

@ Barden, thanks for being on top of this , last thing i want is rumors or misleading info that I uploaded unsung to steam.

my description in steam will be updated soon to properly say unsung mod is not part of the down load and ill post a link.

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

Seem to have a bug/issue when using Zeus with Unsung, I have tested this out on both a dedi server and a local other people have also tested but we still have the same issue. 

Basically when in the Zeus editor I can place down single units from Unsung but when i go to compositions and try placing down a group i get the icons but clicking has no effect so no groups are placed down. The full mod list used on the server is below. I have also replicated this problem by using just the unsung mod by itself. The Zeus module placed down in the editor is also set to All Official and Unofficial Addons.

EDIT: I have also tried on both the Nam map and also the included Unsung maps, same problem occurs.

Unsung 3.1D

ACE

ACEX

Enhanced Movement

Immersion Cigs

Mao Anims Sway Fix

Nam Map

Medium Utility Helicopters

Splendid Smoke

STUI

Task Force Radio

Taw ViewDistance

ASR AI

Does anyone have any idea why this issue is occurring or a fix for the issue?

Thanks for the help

Edited by ashton324
Occuring on all maps.

I wonder if we can fix thatby adding to group configs

scopecurator=2

Hi Eggbeast, thanks for the reply dude..

2 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

I wonder if we can fix thatby adding to group configs

scopecurator=2

Would this be a fix on your mod side of things or something I am able to implement mission/server side? 

Thanks again dude

Hello, I'm struggling with 2 remaining issues. Perhaps, i missed soluces:

- the (bis_revive_ratioLethal setVariable [_x,  _ratioLethal]) error , as dr death jm reported previously;

-  an  Error position: <animate ["wingfold_left",0, _instant];   Error Type Bool, expected Number,Bool
     File uns_A6_c\functions\fn_wings.sqf [uns_a6_fnc_wings], line 18.

Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Hello, I'm struggling with 2 remaining issues. Perhaps, i missed soluces:

- the (bis_revive_ratioLethal setVariable [_x,  _ratioLethal]) error , as dr death jm reported previously;

-  an  Error position: <animate ["wingfold_left",0, _instant];   Error Type Bool, expected Number,Bool
     File uns_A6_c\functions\fn_wings.sqf [uns_a6_fnc_wings], line 18.

Thanks for any help!

Hopefully the first error is gone in Echo, but in Delta it will still exist. Problem is that some of the selection in units need to be renamed/added.

The second error is new with the 1.68 update and I haven't seen fully through it. I've opened feedback ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124249 on the issue that the 'this' object in a userAction does seem to point to the player now instead of the object. Strangely this does not seem to be always the case.

21 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Hopefully the first error is gone in Echo, but in Delta it will still exist. Problem is that some of the selection in units need to be renamed/added.

The second error is new with the 1.68 update and I haven't seen fully through it. I've opened feedback ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124249 on the issue that the 'this' object in a userAction does seem to point to the player now instead of the object. Strangely this does not seem to be always the case.

Wow, thanks for these answers.

hello, I'm having a problem, when I'm in the mission editor and i delete one of the solders I hear screams from those solders, but they don't stop. Is there a file that i can get rid of that takes away the voices or is there a fix? thanks

3 hours ago, Lorde Farquad said:

hello, I'm having a problem, when I'm in the mission editor and i delete one of the solders I hear screams from those solders, but they don't stop. Is there a file that i can get rid of that takes away the voices or is there a fix? thanks

There is simply no "file that [you] can get rid of" but I haven't experienced this bug and don't believe many others have either. Have you considered it might be a mod conflict of something else you may be running?

i think he is just hearing the DSAI sounds playing, like they do in zeus, one day we may get around to fixing that.

How do you use the items such as the KA-BAR knife, cigarettes, and bug spray? The only one I found to work was the zippo lighting the huts on fire. Are the rest just for show?