sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

It was great operation, I really enjoyed been part of it. :rthumb:

• Like 1

Wouldn`t have missed it for anything. Fire or flood, I`d have burned or drowned in my seat :grinning:

It was truly excellent, and worth every minute of the (nearly) 12 hours.

• Like 2

Hi guys, i have a question.

I was playing with unsung, i have a backback with M60 tripod (i have tried backpack with M252 Mortar too) but i don't know how to mount it. I put on the ground my backpack, but i don't know how do to with it.

Is it working or not?

Thank you :f:

1 hour ago, [TS]Djmitri said:

Hi guys, i have a question.

I was playing with unsung, i have a backback with M60 tripod (i have tried backpack with M252 Mortar too) but i don't know how to mount it. I put on the ground my backpack, but i don't know how do to with it.

Is it working or not?

Thank you :f:

Hey! It might sound a bit weird but you need a tripod bag and an m60 bag (essentially 2 people to carry) then one places one piece and the other scroll wheels to the indicator to assemble M60 tripod. Using the ACTUAL M60 does not work... for now at least. It might be a good idea in future to have something set up differently to where you use your actual weapon and mount, but we are still using the old system by combining the two bags. Hope this helps you out :)

Some pics about our last session in Vietnam :icon_cool:

6A2E0AF5F1F6DB4629F8F71B09F94015A3A8EFE9

E6F9D2ABD230AB57DD965478D7EB92333FC7692F

0C15B2E4AE6BA3BEE4155723CCF028103CF92D7C

7761D553DBF742E5F3941A552FA6FC9936BF0D4B

It's been a really hard battle.

We have started in 20, only 3-4 Marines was alive at the end... Our bloods is still on the ground...

Amazing mod. I LOVE IT!

Thank you guys for this masterpiece! :eyeheart::eyeheart::eyeheart:

• Like 6

Next patch I'm hoping for Aussie ao maps and Australia and New Zealand Armed Forces were Operating under there own governments so they are not anzac's but nonetheless it's nice to be rewarded with the units as Americans have no idea Australia or Kiwi was involved 

• Like 1

Hi, someone can tell me how to add items (they seems to be magazines) like fuel can or bug spray in crates/vehicles? I tried: this addItemCargoGlobal [""uns_item_bugspray"",4] or even: this addMagazineCargoGlobal [""uns_item_bugspray"",4] with no success. Same for plenty of small items. Thanks for your help.

1 minute ago, pierremgi said:

Hi, someone can tell me how to add items (they seems to be magazines) like fuel can or bug spray in crates/vehicles? I tried: this addItemCargoGlobal [""uns_item_bugspray"",4] or even: this addMagazineCargoGlobal [""uns_item_bugspray"",4] with no success. Same for plenty of small items. Thanks for your help.

why using double quote ?

hum, sorry, disregard the double quote. It was a copy/paste from mission.sqm (init field). The problem remains as is with simple quote.

1 minute ago, pierremgi said:

hum, sorry, disregard the double quote. It was a copy/paste from mission.sqm (init field). The problem remains as is with simple quote.

If I'm not correct I'm pretty sure the magazine should definitely work since in Arsenal the items seem to count as magazines. As long as you have the write code for adding magazines to crates and vehicles, and the right item classname which I believe you do (And without the use double double quotations obviously even though you didn't do that :D ) then there should honestly be nothing wrong...?

No, there is a bug somewhere. Repeatable test:

Place a crate or an empty vehicle. In init field:

0 = this spawn {
  sleep 2;
  clearItemCargoGlobal _this; clearMagazineCargoGlobal _this;
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_EAM2Braft ",4];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_ItemFuelcan ",2];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_ItemSiphon ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_leaflet8 ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_item_bugspray ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_item_dong ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_leaflet2 ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_item_condoms ",4];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_item_messtin ",2];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_leaflet11 ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_leaflet13 ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_leaflet12 ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_leaflet3 ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_item_smokes ",100];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_leaflet16 ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_item_zippo ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_knife ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_ItemM57clacker ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_1000Rnd_127x99_M2_single ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_sharkchaser ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_ItemSil_rifle ",1];
_this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["uns_ItemSil_hgun ",1]};

Nothing work, with addItemCargoGlobal or addMagazineCargoGlobal. Furthermore addMagazineCargoGlobal returns error for each "item" you place at the top of the list.

NB: Spawn (to make it sure the crate already exists), or direct, call doesn't make difference.

As arsenal shows the UNSUNG items in the "Other magazines from your current weapons" section I can only see the magazine cargo supposed to be the one working.

• Like 1

Oups, sorry for this comment. Bug is on my side. I discover a space on each class name, like:  "uns_EAM2Braft " instead of "uns_EAM2Braft".

addItemCargoGlobal or addMagazineCargoGlobal works as mentioned in BIKI.

• Like 3

I suppose this has probably been mentioned before, but the helicopter AI is not working correctly. I tried to let the AI drop me off (with the support module) at a certain place with the Huey. With the vanilla helicopters it works fine, but with any of the helicopters in Unsung the helicopter is being very awkward. They won't push the nose down, meaning that the helicopter is in a perfectly horizontal direction while flying, practically no speed.

Other than that, I love this mod. Hope that could be fixed sometime.

4 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

fixed already afaik

Ah cool, you mean in the next release? If so: great!

Because I tested this one out this afternoon in the Delta + small patch version.

Im trying to spawn in the E-2 hawkeye on the nimitz carrier with its wings DOWN and not folded, on game start. I tried this in the init but it doesnt work.

this animate ["wingfold_left",0, true]; this animate ["wingfold_right",0, true];

Whats the code for the hawkeye wings?

{this animate [_x,1,true]} forEach ["ofrp_hwk_ailex_d1","ofrp_hwk_ailey_d1","ofrp_hwk_ailex_g1","ofrp_hwk_ailey_g1"];

• Like 1

Love the mod and we still use it every week for our session. 

But I'll give one critique to the new release. The "leaves on the ground" texture used in Song Cu looks pretty bad and distracting IMO. When you are walking, it looks like you are skating over a bunch of neon colors. And it doesn't look natural with the surroundings when scanning for enemies. And where the texture ends into dirt, it looks like a sheet of ice. 

I much prefer the mix of Tanoa dirt/ground + plants seen in Da Krong. 

Are there currently any AliVE configs available for the factions?

I'd love to download this and give it a shot, but armaholic downloads at a snails pace, mega has a quota for non paid accounts (news to me) and the torrent seemingly has no seeders.

Any way 3.1 full could be uploaded to Google Drive?

On a side note, it seems that file sizes are wildly varrying. The torrent is trying to download 10GB, while armaholic was only 6.xGB

yeah the torrent is unpacked size.

if it has no seeds how can you see how big it is?

has anyone been having glitches? my planes helis all of the sudden run out of fuel and if i join a server it glitches all vehicles for everyone. egg beast saw this first hand when i interrupted a play test with a bunch of YouTubers.

can anyone help me?

it also forced away into a unit im a part of and a roomer has started that its the rath of the team trying to screw us. its most likely not true. but it hsa been bother some as we found the afflicted had there steam ids set to a weird link thing that when deleted deletes the entire mod and if you get rid of the steam IP it works fine?

Edited by chas gate