sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

merry xmas to all our fans out there.

Just to remind us all that war is actually a really shitty thing to experience, and that not everything soldiers do involves destruction here is an awesome slideshow of the Centaurs celebrating xmas at Cu Chi in 1966, with the locals...

http://www.centaursinvietnam.org/VideoHTML/AltoXmas66.html

hopefully it highlights the humanity often buried deep in the conflict.

• Like 5

Thanks for the Christmas wish. I would like to thank all the UNSUNG team for their great work that brings hours of enjoyment to those who use the UNSUNG mod. Let's hope for a more peaceful world in the coming year.

• Like 2

It seems that I may have a small pyromania problem. I really want to burn down the huts but I can't find a Zippo. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Just in item - Zippo if you have access to an unsung full armory crate. When out of flares, use Zippo with safety distance, ... until you're "out of huts". That's Vietnam. The remaining problem (on my mind) is enemies can see you without throwing or burning anything.  I need to script something to avoid this supernatural power and balance chances.

• Like 1

When customising your little action man in the editor and you have any of the clothing/vests/packs active, the zippo can be found amongst the items available in the magazines section. If you`re seeing playboys and condoms, you`re in the right area ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

When out of flares, use Zippo with safety distance, ... until you're "out of huts". That's Vietnam. 

1 hour ago, flyingpig said:

If you`re seeing playboys and condoms, you`re in the right area ;)

This truly is the greatest mod ever made. Also, thanks for Miss January 1968 devs :)

Hello, I have a problem when I turn unsung mod delta. At the beginning of the message:

"Addon DaKrong requires addon 'A3_vegetation_F.Exp''

later once the game starts it already displays the message:

" uns_dong_ha \ uns_dong_ha \ data \ scenes \ uns_intro.uns \ dong_ha / mission.sqm / intro / groups /item0/vehicles/ltem0.vehicle: vehicle class uns_uh1d no longer exists''

When trying to connect to the server is displayed for this:

"Files D: \ Games \ Condition Zero \ SteamApps \ common \ Arma3 \! Workshop \ @ CBA_A3 \ addons \ cba_arrays.pbo, cba_ai.pbo, cba_common.pbo, cba_diagnostic.pbo, cba_events.pbo, cba_hashes.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional aceppted keys''

What am I doing wrong ? please help.

11 minutes ago, ManiekSTW said:

Hello, I have a problem when I turn unsung mod delta. At the beginning of the message:

"Addon DaKrong requires addon 'A3_vegetation_F.Exp''

Do you have APEX? As some of the islands require it.

later once the game starts it already displays the message:

" uns_dong_ha \ uns_dong_ha \ data \ scenes \ uns_intro.uns \ dong_ha / mission.sqm / intro / groups /item0/vehicles/ltem0.vehicle: vehicle class uns_uh1d no longer exists''

Thats likely an outdated intro, though to check did you install delta a fresh?

When trying to connect to the server is displayed for this:

"Files D: \ Games \ Condition Zero \ SteamApps \ common \ Arma3 \! Workshop \ @ CBA_A3 \ addons \ cba_arrays.pbo, cba_ai.pbo, cba_common.pbo, cba_diagnostic.pbo, cba_events.pbo, cba_hashes.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional aceppted keys''

What am I doing wrong ? please help.

Depends on the server, Unsung doesnt need CBA to run, though if you connecting to a server with CBA enabled you may want to check you have the right version.

17 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Do you have APEX? As some of the islands require it.

Thats likely an outdated intro, though to check did you install delta a fresh?

Depends on the server, Unsung doesnt need CBA to run, though if you connecting to a server with CBA enabled you may want to check you have the right version.

I do not have Apex, the server with whom I have a link to doung island.

Yes, I think I have the latest versions delta, and patch 3.1.

Ok, I turned off the CBA and it's ok. The message is gone. But further crashes my server because of the "Addon DaKrong requires addon 'A3_vegetation_F.Exp' '

1 minute ago, ManiekSTW said:

But further crashes my server because of the "Addon DaKrong requires addon 'A3_vegetation_F.Exp' '

Buy Apex. You need it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ManiekSTW said:

The message is gone. But further crashes my server because of the "Addon DaKrong requires addon 'A3_vegetation_F.Exp' '

Doung, Da Krong and Khe San require Apex to work properly. The other maps included with Delta will work without it.

• Like 2

Oops, forgot about that one, as it`s the only map I`ve not tried yet since Delta came out

Thx 1212PDMCDMPPM and R0adki11. Already Everything works ... I only have one problem but with the performance. Is this the final optimization of the oficial server? I do not have a very strong hardware, but the Phenom II 3.2 and in 1050 GTX Ti, 8 Gb ram, it should probably be enough to play on medium settings. I set everything on the "lowest" and I have a 15-20 FPS in 1600 rezolution :/

2 hours ago, ManiekSTW said:

I set everything on the "lowest" and I have a 15-20 FPS in 1600 rezolution :/

Don't do that! You're working on CPU instead of GPU (video card). Try with optimized settings coming from NVIDIA Geforce experience.

At least, try higher settings on objects, terrain, shadows.

• Like 2

@pierre - the enemy cant see you in the dark. they HEAR you.

so do not run or stand, instead creep about slowly.

flashlights are a bullet magnet.

do not carry a rocket (m72 / RPG etc) as this also makes you much more detectable

also firing flares from a UGL or M79 will make you a high value target, and all AI within range will be discussing your position and attempting to kill you, as they assume you have a grenade launcher.

some islands have see-through clutter foliage to AI. on those, always use trees for concealment as well as cover.

khe sanh is a WIP island, and the ground clutter has no concealment whatsoever.

in my missions you can turn off the ground clutter, which helps even out the odds. this only affects day fighting though. at night so long as they dont hear you, you cna remain undetected until very close to the enemy.

many players do not realise these tactics. having played the mod for 4+ years now, we can sneak up very close and kill with knives and suppressors from very close range - see pic from arma 2 below (melee system is not enabled yet - but will be in echo).

my night-fighting strategy guide is here

lights3-1_zps7775a7c0.jpg

backstab1_zpsc6694484.jpg

club-1_zpsa9d71851.jpg

• Like 3

I download from Mega and no problem with unpacking
But when after split screen and move in main menu 
Game crash and show this notif

BadVersion 73 in p3d file 'uns_weap_w\items\smallobj_file_map.p3d'

Any solution?

Sory i running on 1.64 version,.. so what i must update to v 1.66 to play the unsung mod?

A looot of those p3d errors are being reported lately... Did BIS change anything important regarding model configurations recently?

not seen this at all in our clan, sorry. no idea. I do know the mega.nz is 3.0d and not 3.1d, but the patch only modifies 2 pbo's so should have nothing to do with your issue.

you will need the patch to play online.

a community member posted up the mega.nz link, so i can't speak for its integrity,

I suggest you use the torrent we all use.

15 hours ago, Andry Priandani said:

I download from Mega and no problem with unpacking
But when after split screen and move in main menu 
Game crash and show this notif

BadVersion 73 in p3d file 'uns_weap_w\items\smallobj_file_map.p3d'

Any solution?

Sory i running on 1.64 version,.. so what i must update to v 1.66 to play the unsung mod?

Short awncer Yes make sure your game is up to date arma3 changes they're p3d versions and when mod makers or BI pack something for instance version 73 and your game doesn't know how to read it  well it doest work 

I think this is some sort of incompatibility, but I keep hearing what I think are the vietnamese voices in the virtual arsenal and the vietnamese voices and callouts replace the ones of the csat units, is this supposed to happen?

4 hours ago, eggbeast said:

not seen this at all in our clan, sorry. no idea. I do know the mega.nz is 3.0d and not 3.1d, but the patch only modifies 2 pbo's so should have nothing to do with your issue.

you will need the patch to play online.

a community member posted up the mega.nz link, so i can't speak for its integrity,

I suggest you use the torrent we all use.

I see on armanam web the mega a 3.0d and i patched with 3.1d,.. maybe my problem cause my game not up to date ,..

2 hours ago, Jones.S said:

Short awncer Yes make sure your game is up to date arma3 changes they're p3d versions and when mod makers or BI pack something for instance version 73 and your game doesn't know how to read it  well it doest work 

Okey i will try update the game first, i hope its work for my problem,.. thanks man..