Mr.jizz

Beanz - Inventory Mod (with survive-mode)

B96BF9B95D6C4D922F7053F59E2D88B186F6486B

Simply because Arma lacks inventory items that are pickable/dropable/useable.
Feel free to send me your item suggestions that you would like to see in game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
you will find the items in the magazines, via edit unit loadout or i have included a .txt file with all the classnames in it and info on how to use.

W.I.P, Survive mode, gives you hunger/thirst status and the ability to add interaction menus/buttons to items (like old school dayz), find the attached instructions on how to use.

subscribe to the mod on steam workshop here:

steam workshop - click here)...enjoy.

Spoiler

BFDD7DB8DB8D05C5CE9BF7F7C3965BBF97D16B88

Spoiler

3EAA9534F447B9AF038CCEC411279DDEFB8DD632

Spoiler

B673FE8A5F0EC2FD93141B85A5A139C2F8FF3482

Spoiler

Classnames:
Apple = "bnz_apple";
Tinned beanz = "bnz_beanz";
Cash/Money = "bnz_cash";
JD Whiskey = "bnz_jackoffs";
JD Whiskey (empty) = "bnz_jackoffs_emtpy";
MRE = "bnz_mre";
Knife = "bnz_knife";
Meat = "bnz_meat";
Raw meat = "bnz_rawmeat";

coke can = "bnz_cokecan";
sprite can = "bnz_spritecan";
vodka = "bnz_vodka";

*************************************************************************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************************************************************************
//How to config your own interactions via 'description.ext'
//The config example *
class Cfg_bnz_interact {
    class bnz_jackoffs //the classname of the object you want to interact with here
    {
        interactActions[] = {
            {"alive player","Drink","[0,30] call fnc_survivemode_eat;"}, //{"boolean: true/false","Button text","what ever script you want here"},
        };
    };
};
class Cfg_bnz_interact {
    class bnz_jackoffs
    {
        interactActions[] = {
            {"alive player","Drink","[0,30] call fnc_survivemode_eat;"},
        };
    };
};
//How to add more fuctions/buttons to one item
//Example
class Cfg_bnz_interact {
    class bnz_jackoffs
    {
        interactActions[] = {
            {"alive player","Drink0","[0,30] call fnc_survivemode_eat;"},
            {"alive player","Drink1","player setdamage 1;"},
            {"inflamed (nearestObject [player, 'FirePlace_burning_F'])","Boil","player removeitem 'bnz_jackoffs'"},
        };
    };
};
//Survivemode
//to activate survivemode, from the editor go to modules/others/beanz survivemode and place it down to start survive mode (hungar/thirts/object interaction)

//Hunger & thirst
//set hunger/thirst example = [10,100] call fnc_survivemode_eat; ie hunger + 10%,thirst + 100%.

[10,100] call fnc_survivemode_eat;

//Sickness
//set illness example = [true] call fnc_survivemode_sickness; ie player is sick

[true] call fnc_survivemode_sickness;

//inbuilt - item interactions.
Knife = Forage in small bushes for fruit (so far only apples, 50% chance of finding).
cans/bottles = drink.
food = eat (adding tin opener for tinned food so cannot eat beanz yet).
raw meat = stand close to a fire (classname "FirePlace_burning_F") to cook meat, fire has to be on.

• Like 1

Updated!

Steam workshop - click here

added some new items and (currently still wip) survive mode, more info  here

Spoiler

Classnames:
Apple = "bnz_apple";
Tinned beanz = "bnz_beanz";
Cash/Money = "bnz_cash";
JD Whiskey = "bnz_jackoffs";
JD Whiskey (empty) = "bnz_jackoffs_emtpy";
MRE = "bnz_mre";
Knife = "bnz_knife";
Meat = "bnz_meat";
Raw meat = "bnz_rawmeat";

//How to config your own interactions via 'description.ext'
//The config example *
class Cfg_bnz_interact {
    class bnz_jackoffs //the classname of the object you want to interact with here
    {
        interactActions[] = {
            {"alive player","Drink","[0,30] call fnc_survivemode_eat;"}, //{"boolean: true/false","Button text","what ever script you want here"},
        };
    };
};
class Cfg_bnz_interact {
    class bnz_jackoffs
    {
        interactActions[] = {
            {"alive player","Drink","[0,30] call fnc_survivemode_eat;"},
        };
    };
};
//How to add more fuctions/buttons to one item
//Example
class Cfg_bnz_interact {
    class bnz_jackoffs
    {
        interactActions[] = {
            {"alive player","Drink0","[0,30] call fnc_survivemode_eat;"},
            {"alive player","Drink1","player setdamage 1;"},
            {"inflamed (nearestObject [player, 'FirePlace_burning_F'])","Boil","player removeitem bnz_jackoffs"},
        };
    };
};
//Survivemode
//to activate survivemode, from the editor go to modules/others/beanz survivemode and place it down to start survive mode (hungar/thirts/object interaction)

//Hunger & thirst
//set hunger/thirst example = [10,100] call fnc_survivemode_eat; ie hunger + 10%,thirst + 100%.

[10,100] call fnc_survivemode_eat;

//Sickness
//set illness example = [true] call fnc_survivemode_sickness; ie player is sick

[true] call fnc_survivemode_sickness;

On 12/27/2016 at 1:54 PM, foxhound said:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png
Beanz - Inventory items v0.3

hey foxhound, if you are going to update on armaholics could you update the tittle '

Beanz - Inventory Mod (with survive-mode)

' and description thanks ;)

Updated!

added few more models and worked on the item interactions

//inbuilt - item interactions.
Knife = Forage in small bushes for fruit (so far only apples, 50% chance of finding).
cans/bottles = drink.
food = eat (adding tin opener for tinned food so cannot eat beanz yet).
raw meat = stand close to a fire (classname "FirePlace_burning_F") to cook meat, fire has to be on.

I like the idea for water bottles and MRE's. There was a mod like this in ArmA2 which added some more depth to logistics etc for week-month long ops but I've not seen anything like it released for ArmA3 yet. I know one person in the current ACE3 group had something similar but scrapped it. 

Like it so far though! :)

• Like 1

On 08/01/2017 at 1:25 PM, Spatsiba said:

I like the idea for water bottles and MRE's. There was a mod like this in ArmA2 which added some more depth to logistics etc for week-month long ops but I've not seen anything like it released for ArmA3 yet. I know one person in the current ACE3 group had something similar but scrapped it. 

Like it so far though! :)

Glad you like it so far, i have alot more items to add, including water bottles (which are fillable from rivers etc). Theres a few mods out there that do the same thing as mine, but none really seem to have models to go along with thier inventory icons, which just didnt do it for me, so i learnt how to model and started this mod ;)

• Like 1

Updated!

added water bottles (water full/empty/dirty).
added tent
added sleeping bag

interactions:
build tent
unpack sleeping bag
fill water bottle near water
boil dirty water near fire

gut dead rabbits with knife for meat