Sign in to follow this  
PSC

Custom logos for multiplayer

<span style='font-family:Verdana'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I know, this ain't that much importand yet since we just started to learn the basic stuff around O2, and this would be simply some additional luxory-good. Anyways this question just came into my mind:

How do we have to prepare our models to show custom squad-logos in a multiplayer game?

Do we simply have to give a squar-plane a special name the game recognizes as place for possible logos? So in case there is a logo it will be aplied there, and if there is no logo it will be simply transparent? Is it possible at all with MLOD file format?

Maybe somebody of you knows a bit about that topic.

Till later, PSC</span></span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do we simply have to give a squar-plane a special name the game recognizes as place for possible logos?

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. Selection name is "clan". (Sorry for using clan for OFP smile.gif - but we invented the name long before the terminology was settled down. I am sure now we would you "squad", but it is too late. sad.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it possible at all with MLOD file format?

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes - but it need to be correctly registered in CfgModels config section. I am aware many of you (maybe all?) have problems with this section - I hope we will be able to tell you soon how exactly this should be done.

There is also another selection called "clan_sign", which is used to display the squad text name. I am afraid this feature has some limitations (not all face orientations are well supported), but when using it carefully, it may be usefull as well.

Thanks for the answer. This will help to find out how it works.

PSC