Jump to content
Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Mitrail said:

 

Can you try running the previous version of the game? It may help up to a fix for the stable version.

To access it :

  • right click on "Arma 3" in your Steam library
  • properties
  • Beta tab
  • in the text field, paste "Arma3Legacy166"
  • check code
  • select "legacy build 1.66" in the list above the text field.

(labels names may differ, I translated it on the go)

Aside of it, I totally understand that you're irritated, but this kind of aggressiveness is generally not enjoyed on this forum.

 

 

Yes sorry for the rage, however its like with real product you buy... I bought a game, DLCs... THen the supplier made a mistake and broke the stuff I bought. So its normal that I want to be refunded... And btw I ve tried this man.. No luck wiht anything.. I could make an enorm list of what everything I ve tried... I am a developer myself... However this is something what should be fixed by them, since their files are corrupted.. First of all they shouldnt even let out something like this without proper testing..  But anyway, thank you for suggestion and reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean by "supplier made a mistake and broke the stuff"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Att Kaz said:

You guys MUST KIDDING ME.... I have i7 x64... And for me, as well as for thousands of others, the update broke the game..https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123784

 

The thing is, after I literarly tried EVERYTHING - even windows reinstallation, NOTHING HELPED and I am unable to play arma 3 for 3 days now... How can even a company release and force an update which ruins thegame for the plenty of active players?! Seriously this is fcking insane.... I am about to claim back the purchased game, addons and dlcs... 

Hyperbole much?

Good luck on your claim.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Att Kaz said:

Yes sorry for the rage, however its like with real product you buy... I bought a game, DLCs... THen the supplier made a mistake and broke the stuff I bought. So its normal that I want to be refunded... And btw I ve tried this man.. No luck wiht anything.. I could make an enorm list of what everything I ve tried... I am a developer myself... However this is something what should be fixed by them, since their files are corrupted.. First of all they shouldnt even let out something like this without proper testing..  But anyway, thank you for suggestion and reply.

Quote

their files are corrupted

Have you tried checking game files integrity? I assume that yes, but I try to help.

 

Aside of it, this version has been tested for a while on a release candidate branch, it's weird that this issue made it to stable branch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

What do you mean by "supplier made a mistake and broke the stuff"?

I'm wiling to bet the "mistake" doesn't lie within the supplier, but the customer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I make some test based using  this config:

 

AMD 8320 OC 3700

10 GB KINGSTON 1333

SSD KINGSTON

CMA_64 Default

750ti Windforce Gigabyte 2 GB ram

YAAB test

Arma 3 64 bits branch

 

Results:

 

Very high settings: 22fps

High settings: 24 fps

Autodetect settings: 25 fps

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, road runner said:

I'm wiling to bet the "mistake" doesn't lie within the supplier, but the customer.

Often, users users who misspell and misuse the word 'literally' are more prone to rage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Att Kaz said:

First of all they shouldnt even let out something like this without proper testing..  But anyway, thank you for suggestion and reply.

Kaz you do realize this has been on the development branch for months. And in the rc testing phase for weeks???? 

 

All this is open to the public at every step to test and feedback. I honestly don't see how it is possible to do any more than this. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More testing previous setup using a mission with scripting online.

 

Setup:

 

AMD 8320 OC 3700

10 GB KINGSTON 1333

SSD KINGSTON

CMA_64 Default (AVX version)

750ti Windforce Gigabyte 2 GB ram

Domination (3.71) 14+ Players online

Arma 3 64 bits branch

Windows 7

 

Graphics options:

 

Texture: high

Objects/terrain: standard

Vision distance: 1600

Vision objects: 800 - inside mission 1000

 

 

No AA

Aniso x4

No filters

HBAO NVIDIA LOW

 

Startup parameters (Arma 3):

O.S memory limit 8GB

 

Results:

 

Server Spanish / Latino server:

 

 

Main intro ( usually 30/35 ): 70+ fps

Playing with 14 players vehicles heavy fire combat ( usually 20/28/30 fps): Constant 40/45 +fps

 

Analysis and conclusion:

 

There's a huge benefit using CMA_64 bits (AVX version), with a good server properly configurated and without spamming vehicles and other "wonderful things" the Domination mission created by Xeno is very enjoyable even with poor IPC performance on AMD FX but you need a complete optimizacion of the entire game platform (O.S.,nvidia driver, game startup parameters)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting this error from BattlEye on startup.

 

Blocked loading of file 'C:\Windows\System32\Oohivfy64.dll'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@djotacon

It seems you are confusing IPC with single threaded performance. They are not the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

What do you mean by "supplier made a mistake and broke the stuff"?

What I mean is that the game was working perfectly for me.. Then they forced this update and game wont launch.. AN its not only me.. thousands of other players are facing the very same issue.. Nothing helps, since their source codes are wrong and not compatibible with some kind of a hardware structure, I guess... THere is no way they will not pay back all the purchases for us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most often times it is a mods that are incompatible for new version. Can you verify if you have mods and check on mod authors if they are updated with latest 64bit client.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ICE68 said:

SO PLEASE STOP FORCING THE UPDATES ON US!!

Actually BIS can't as steam disabled the ability not to update. Also the 64bit exe has been on the dev branch for ages. Its likely the issues you are getting could be unique to 'your server'. Especially as you haven't given us any information to diagnose the issue. I.e what mods are you using etc? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for all your questions about whether I tried some things... Here is the list of what I ve already tried:

- launch game with and without mods

- launch the game with and without battleye

- launch the game with various configurations - 32/64 bit versions

- launch the game without profiles and with and without many parameters

- verified game cache integrity

- reinstalled the whole Arma 3 + the Update

- run the f scan

- checked the HD defragmentation status

- updated all drivers

- configure the graphic card usage manually for Arma 3

- reinstalled all the c++ redistributable packages (both 32 and 64 b)

- reinstalled DirectX's

- tried to launch in safe modes

- recovered my windows into recovery point to the day BEFORE the update, then updated the game once again

- REINSTALLED the windows....


Honestly I have spent almost 3 days with this... And not even an answer from Bohemia... This is just a damn mess what they did...

And again.. Just an information.. This is not an issue only on my side... Thousands of people are having the same issue after that reckless untested update... 
... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Att Kaz said:

for all your questions about whether I tried some things... Here is the list of what I ve already tried:

- launch game with and without mods

- launch the game with and without battleye

- launch the game with various configurations - 32/64 bit versions

- launch the game without profiles and with and without many parameters

- verified game cache integrity

- reinstalled the whole Arma 3 + the Update

- run the f scan

- checked the HD defragmentation status

- updated all drivers

- configure the graphic card usage manually for Arma 3

- reinstalled all the c++ redistributable packages (both 32 and 64 b)

- reinstalled DirectX's

- tried to launch in safe modes

- recovered my windows into recovery point to the day BEFORE the update, then updated the game once again

- REINSTALLED the windows....


Honestly I have spent almost 3 days with this... And not even an answer from Bohemia... This is just a damn mess what they did... 
... 

Hey try to go on development branch maybe it can help ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to let BI know that I'm enjoying this new update. The game runs great. Thanks for the ongoing support and devellopment.

(since I bitched a lot also when I was not happy with the new lighting, I should say when they are doing a good job, I figured...)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Att Kaz said:

.. Thousands of people are having the same issue after that reckless untested update... 

... 

 

Thousands of people? There's you and one other on the this thread so far.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brisse said:

@djotacon

It seems you are confusing IPC with single threaded performance. They are not the same thing.

 

I'm focused only one thing in this thread, provide the better feedback for the 64 bits release to the devs and the community, if you are interested to create a debate about IPC, Multithread, single thread, make a thread and post there your interesting ideas about the subject, this thread is only for 64bits feedback to me.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Thousands of people? There's you and one other on the this thread so far.

and both new posters with low post counts, who have contributed to so much to upgrades in Dev Branch... but do love a bit of hyperbole

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, road runner said:

and both new posters with low post counts, who have contributed to so much to upgrades in Dev Branch... but do love a bit of hyperbole

 

 

Well quite. Perhaps I'm old, crusty and jaded, but this guy isn't, in my opinion, going about getting help in the best way possible.

I'm wondering where we'll be in a few days? Telling him to remove all his Life missions and stolen content mods?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, djotacon said:

 

I suggest to all the people with problems with the 64bits problems make a ticket here:

 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/1/

 

Is the best way to provide feedback about issues with release.

Even better, if you're not of Dev Build take it to the troubleshooting section, that's what it's there for.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This update is awesome, thanks BIS.

64-bit : 4-10 fps increase, no more hiccups, everything is so smooth

Most of players received this updated with no big problems.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×