Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

20 hours ago, Projekt_S said:

ARMA 3 MEM ERROR

A memory error I got upon quitting the game.

Wow and this with x64. when i saw this post, i immediately removed the game. i think its time for me to abandon this game

2 hours ago, lato190 said:

Wow and this with x64. when i saw this post, i immediately removed the game. i think its time for me to abandon this game

• Like 4

9 hours ago, lato190 said:

You'll be missed...

• Like 5

12 hours ago, lato190 said:

What?

You might want to "Google" the error, then.

13 hours ago, lato190 said:

Lemmie try to understand this.
1. It didn't happen to you
2. You don't really know if it wasn't a Photoshop
3. You think x64 is infallible and answer to everything

• Like 3

You did what? This game in x32 is completely unplayable stuttery mess. I bought it only because they finally added some modern technologies as 64-bit.

11 minutes ago, Godlikeru said:

You did what? This game in x32 is completely unplayable stuttery mess. I bought it only because they finally added some modern technologies as 64-bit.

Sorry to say 64-bit is not officially on the stable branch yet. Also its likely your current PC build if you find it stutters on 32 bit

• Like 2

Yeah my PC is limiting memory available for the game.

Stuttering occurs because 32 bit exe has too low memory to keep all the textures in it. So when you move you see stuttering. 32 bit exe removes old textures and loads new from disk, this causes lag.

It's been already proven that 64 bit exe gives much less stuttering because loaded data does not need to be removed from memory. Look at the tests before. 

64-bit exe is not far from being in stable branch, it's already RC. 

3 hours ago, Godlikeru said:

Yeah my PC is limiting memory available for the game.

Stuttering occurs because 32 bit exe has too low memory to keep all the textures in it. So when you move you see stuttering. 32 bit exe removes old textures and loads new from disk, this causes lag.

It's been already proven that 64 bit exe gives much less stuttering because loaded data does not need to be removed from memory. Look at the tests before. 

64-bit exe is not far from being in stable branch, it's already RC. 

Well personally i have no issues with textures stuttering, but then i run Arma3 on an SSD. I have a good amount of memory and mid range graphics card. If 32bit is causing you issues, 64bit may help them, but its likely you have a driver/hardware bottleneck which is causing the issues. 

No I don't. Im a programmer and I know where bottlenecks are.  Most of us have ARMA on HDD so we have a lot of stuttering. With SSD you can not even notice them.

46 minutes ago, Godlikeru said:

No I don't. Im a programmer and I know where bottlenecks are.  Most of us have ARMA on HDD so we have a lot of stuttering. With SSD you can not even notice them.

Bullshit. Storage is not the only bottleneck in this game, nor is RAM. It's just not that simple, and if you are a programmer you should probably know that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Godlikeru said:

Hyperbole at its finest, and this coming from a programmer too. I guess all these videos from Jester814 and Dsylecxi and Luetin09prior to the 64 bit are fake?  They also do NOT play on DEV branch either.

9 hours ago, Godlikeru said:

Check test results you refer to earlier. Rezss have an SSD, stutters clearly seen. But you know one person is not enough to prove smth. He has a high end PC, others testers PC are not so perfect.

11 hours ago, Godlikeru said:

Get a better PC, what's your pc specs?

On 15/02/2017 at 0:09 AM, lato190 said:

Bye.

Lol You are making me laugh. I have 10 years of experience in IT.

Get a better PC, what's your pc specs?

i7-6700K

GTX 980Ti

7200 rpm HDD

16GB RAM

Memory limit is a one of main problems in this game and it improves greatly with 64 bit memory limit as game can precache more textures into memory pool. That's how it works. Don't say anything unless you know how engines work becuase you will make others laugh.

What a surprise that so positive x32 tests are coming only from moderators. Really weird. 

Situation will only improve in next months as 64-bit version will be polished. ARMA 4 is a 64-bit only must so better reinstall your system to get x64 and stop whining.  This change should be done months ago but Im grateful that it's finally done and MP missions with a lot of players are finally playable. There are some bugs with IFA and RHS vehicles related to 64 bit exes but they will be solved soon. Just look at tests earlier to compare frametime comfort.

IMHO they should break compatibility with non-AVX cpus too as game is unplayable on them anyway unless they are using multi-path. I don't know if they do. The next step is DX12 but that won't come until ARMA 4 so better enjoy better frametimes. 

43 minutes ago, Godlikeru said:

What a surprise that so positive x32 tests are coming only from moderators. Really weird. 

Avoid smart comments, moderators are unpaid community members and have no interest in defending BI.

• Like 4

Well that doesn't change anything in their posts. Im a bit surprised about them. 

I don't know if they wanted to defend BI. It's not BI fault that 32 bit memory limit just sucks. It's a fact and if someone don't know how it works then huh, shouldn't give advices like that. 

53 minutes ago, Godlikeru said:

i7-6700K

GTX 980Ti

7200 rpm HDD

16GB RAM

Memory limit is a one of main problems in this game and it improves greatly with 64 bit memory limit as game can precache more textures into memory pool. That's how it works. Don't say anything unless you know how engines work becuase you will make others laugh.

Situation will only improve in next months as 64-bit version will be polished. ARMA 4 is a 64-bit only must so better reinstall your system to get x64 and stop whining.  This change should be done months ago but Im grateful that it's finally done and MP missions with a lot of players are finally playable. There are some bugs with IFA and RHS vehicles related to 64 bit exes but they will be solved soon. Just look at tests earlier to compare frametime comfort.

IMHO they should break compatibility with non-AVX cpus too as game is unplayable on them anyway unless they are using multi-path. I don't know if they do. The next step is DX12 but that won't come until ARMA 4 so better enjoy better frametimes. 

I pointed to you 3 prominent Co-oplayers who have been posting videos of their skirmishes now for a good couple of years, their specs are middle of the road, I've watched countless hours, downloaded several of their contents, and yet to hear them complain about the unplayable stuttering content, all this was before dev branch 64 bit was released.

I also pointed out you you that they DO NOT PLAY ON DEV BRANCH, which means they've posted all these unplayable stuttering video's for years on 32 bit.

You're flame baiting, you came into this thread with a holier than though attitude, and also at the same time, initially you seemed to know what you were talking about, right up till the point you dismissed 32 bit as unplayable, which is odd, as very few people had the issues you claim there to be, personally, I never had the stuttering, or the FPS drops, on a lowly 970 and 16gb RAM, and Windows 10, so your "unplayable stuttering" is pure hyperbole.

Is Arma3 perfect? no its not, is it totally unplayable to the hundreds of thousands that own it? ... I think you know the answer to that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Godlikeru said:

Well that doesn't change anything in their posts. Im a bit surprised about them. 

I don't know if they wanted to defend BI. It's not BI fault that 32 bit memory limit just sucks. It's a fact and if someone don't know how it works then huh, shouldn't give advices like that. 

Why? How can it be a surprise to you that the game is completely playable on my machine?
It's not a fact for me, not once have I had memory leaks, or stuttering. It's not defending BI, it's pointing out that you're making hyperbolic statements which are completely untrue.

Your facts are very different from a LOT of other peoples.

2 hours ago, Godlikeru said:

i7-6700K

GTX 980Ti

7200 rpm HDD

16GB RAM

Well i have 20 years experience in I.T, but this not a contest on who has more experience.... This thread is about discussing the upcoming 64bit improvements in a civil and adult manner.

Oh and I certainly can appreciate that memory limit can cause problems with loading of textures etc. BIS Games since the dawn of OFP have always had this issue, but compared to OFP was and to what Arma3 is we have come along way.

As i said previous i personally have no issue running Arma3 32bit, i am happy with the game and don't experience the issues of stuttering. But then again i don't monitor it as i get on and just play the game. I started playing with OFP and Arma3 is leaps and bounds ahead of that game. 

Oh and for the record BIS Moderators are volunteer community members, we don't get access to any secret Arma3 game builds to make our gaming experience super amazing (i really should ask about that shouldn't I :f:).

1 hour ago, road runner said:

Why? How can it be a surprise to you that the game is completely playable on my machine?
It's not a fact for me, not once have I had memory leaks, or stuttering.

Do you have Arma on an un-raid-ed HDD? If people would have payed  attention to what Godlikeru said (that he has it on HDD), instead of jumping on "I'm a programmer" we could have spared us half a page of useless exchanges.

Playing on HDD with high view distances or in fast vehicles will give you frequent stuttering in 32bit, and even cases where you just see white landscapes/models because the textures are not loaded in.

14 hours ago, Brisse said:

Bullshit. Storage is not the only bottleneck in this game, nor is RAM. It's just not that simple, and if you are a programmer you should probably know that.

Storage access speed IS the largest bottleneck when you have Arma on HDD and an otherwise adequate PC.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, x3kj said:

Do you have Arma on an un-raid-ed HDD? If people would have payed  attention to what Godlikeru said (that he has it on HDD), instead of jumping on "I'm a programmer" we could have spared us half a page of useless exchanges.

I'm on a standard HDD, no idea what un-raid-ed means, but what I have observed is that 90% of the posters suffering the stuttering and FPS issues are on SSD's, I'm not a programmer, I'm just a gamer that's been fortunate to not have suffered any huge impacts with any of the released updates in the past 12 months.

I actually LOST 10% between 64 bit and 32 bit exe according to the YAAB mission, my rig is nothing special, it's one that was put together on a budget.

2 minutes ago, road runner said:

my rig is nothing special, it's one that was put together on a budget.

"on a budget" has a very relevant time stamp on it I also put mine together on a budget. Except when A3 was released. That means 2GB less GPU memory in direct comparison for example.

Effective memory usage gets worse over time too, so if you just play 2h in a small infantry mission and then close the game, its a different matter entirely compared to playing 6h on some warfare server utilising the whole map with modded units, or many different missions on different terrains and different units. In dslyexci's videos for example he occasionally had to leave and come back because he ran out of memory.

• Like 1