x86_49fps.png

x86_rivatuner.png

Specs:

i7 7700k @5Ghz

DDR4 18-19-19-39 16GB @3866MHz

Geforce 1080

850 EVO 1TB

Resolution 3440x1440

Fullscreen Window Mode (Windows Insider Bug :/)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rezss said:

Specs:

i7 7700k @5Ghz

DDR4 18-19-19-39 16GB @3866MHz

Geforce 1080

850 EVO 1TB

Definetly less stuttering with x64. Thank you.

On 2017-01-30 at 8:19 AM, domokun said:

As a GTX 970 user I find this promising but shouldn't that start-up parameter be -maxVRAM=3583 instead of -maxmem=3583?

Yes, sorry. I've edited my post. Was 7AM for me and I hadn't slept.

On 2017-01-30 at 5:21 PM, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

Sorry for the noob question: can we mix 64 bit server with 32 bit clients (or the opposite) ?

Pretty sure you can. As I recall I've logged into my 64-bit server while testing the 32-bit client. The one thing you can not mix is stable/profiling build with dev build.

On 2017-01-30 at 10:58 AM, Godlikeru said:

No. Don't use it. Nvidia GPU driver will cap vRAM automatically for you. It's been working like that for years. 

I don't think you understand the story behind the GTX 970. Nvidia made a monumental fuck up with the VRAM on it when they couldn't fit more than 3.5GB GDDR5 and decided to add 512MB of some sort of super slow memory to make up for it. When your game consumes more than 3.5GB of VRAM framerates usually plummet (depending on the game). The driver will not automatically cap it at 3.5GB because as far as Nvidia is concerned it's a 4GB card. Judging by what @dwarden said in his post about "3.5 + 0.5" being the exception I think he's referring to the 970 situation in particular and anything similar.

• Like 1

I know all the story. Nvidia driver after this whole mess is capping vRAM at 3,5 GB to prevent stuttering. 

Btw. I played 3 hours mission yesterday and vRAM usage was 6200MB

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, flax_ said:

Yes it would be -maxVRAM=3583 for the GTX970. 

Using GTX970 without any startup parameters on 64bit branch. Could it cause the random crash to desktop or just affecting the performance?

Is it possible this issue with GTX970 is not appeared on the stable branch? 

35 minutes ago, Godlikeru said:

I know all the story. Nvidia driver after this whole mess is capping vRAM at 3,5 GB to prevent stuttering. 

Btw. I played 3 hours mission yesterday and vRAM usage was 6200MB

Ah, sorry. When you said "It's been working like that for years." I thought you were referring to standard driver behaviour; I didn't even realize the card had been around for over two years.

11 minutes ago, eriktrak said:

Using GTX970 without any startup parameters on 64bit branch. Could it cause the random crash to desktop or just affecting the performance?

Is it possible this issue with GTX970 is not appeared on the stable branch? 

As Godlikeru just corrected me on, it's not an issue since the Nvidia driver limits the VRAM itself. I wasn't aware of this or I wouldn't have started discussing it.

I experimented today with new builds and I don't notice crashes with maxmem, maxvram options now as it was 2 weeks ago. They probably fixed it. 

This new .exe works better with every new release.

64 bits .exe is the new sexy!!!

• Like 2

Steam overlay still does not work. 

RHS and IFA mods aren't working properly. Missions are playable but only when choosing LAN. If I choose Internet I can't choose the side to play. Anyone got same behaviour?

It's not missions bug. It's ARMAs dev branch bug. Two big mods. Same in 32 as in 64

EDIT::

After 3GB today's patch it's fixed.

20 minutes ago, abudabi said:

Cant wait til 64 bit will be officially released

It's in the release candidate that was released today, so it's going to happen soon. They even made 64-bit the default :)

• Like 2

Is 8gb and SSD (Swap file on SSD, size defaulted by windows) is enough? Some1 tested?

Do not mess with this f&&&*** swap. Windows manages it right.

Multiplayer saves still broken. Continue button loads OLD saves instead of newer ones. 

Judging by the comments it would be a mistake to include 64bit executable in the upcoming stable branch update. Far too many issues should prevent this going live.

34 minutes ago, focher said:

What's the latest on TrackIR working in 64 bit?

If my memory serves me correctly.  It has been addressed weeks ago on Dev branch.

2 hours ago, focher said:

What's the latest on TrackIR working in 64 bit?

TrackIR 5 works fine for me on DEV branch. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nikiforos said:

Judging by the comments it would be a mistake to include 64bit executable in the upcoming stable branch update. Far too many issues should prevent this going live.

It's in the RC, pretty sure it'll go in.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cyruz said:

It's in the RC, pretty sure it'll go in.

Yeah. And if someone has issues with it, one can always use the 32bit exe instead.

But I don't think the 64bit is any worse than the 32bit; only problem might be some 3rd party application/extension/driver incompatibility.

• Like 2