Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

24 minutes ago, BenitoWBAT said:

rly? cuz my update was 15gb and i had to delete my mods to be able to install the 64bit version...

Yeah, the updating needs space because the update has to be downloaded before applying it to the game files. After that the size is bit bigger, but not anywhere near 15gb.
You could try temporarily moving some files somewhere else while it updates.

May I ask for a comparison video 32bit vs 64bit? I mean stuttering and texture loading improvements.

What I am interested in personally is the Optimization, the simulator still does not Maintain 60 fps, Maintains 60 fps and Descends from the United Nations 30, (basically the frame rate is irregular) What loose game FOR A PLAYER Sin: Modifications Eliminated to see HOW the Game is Defected), the Developers child aware of It?
I Just Ask To Give Priority to Optimization
In My Case Recommended Excedo Facilities Facilities Requirements
I7-4770 k
GTX 780 (Upgraded Drivers)
16 GB
SSD
Of Windows 10
Greetings to all

Edited by SEAL87
Error language

15 minutes ago, SEAL87 said:

Lo Que me interesa personalmente es la Optimización, el simulador todavía no Mantiene el 60 fps, Mantiene 60 fps y Desciende un 30, (basicamente la Tasa de fotogramas es irregular) Que juego sueltas PARA UN JUGADOR pecado: modificaciones (los que Eliminado to see CÓMO ¿El juego por Defecto), los Desarrolladores hijo conscientes de Ello?

Yo Solo pido Que Dar Prioridad a la Optimización

En Mi Caso Excedo los Facilidades Requisitos recomendados

i7-4770k
GTX 780 (Controladores actualizados)
16 GB
SSD
de Windows 10

Saludos a todos

Can you please post in English as per the forum rules..thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruPal said:

May I ask for a comparison video 32bit vs 64bit? I mean stuttering and texture loading improvements.

very simple: when you open up a mission on editor or just go load a campaign mission, you can crank up viewdistance sliders to 12k, back and forth no stutters absolutely. and if you have enough juice, you probably get zero fps hit also.

1 hour ago, SEAL87 said:

Lo Que me interesa personalmente es la Optimización, el simulador todavía no Mantiene el 60 fps, Mantiene 60 fps y Desciende un 30, (basicamente la Tasa de fotogramas es irregular) Que juego sueltas PARA UN JUGADOR pecado: modificaciones (los que Eliminado to see CÓMO ¿El juego por Defecto), los Desarrolladores hijo conscientes de Ello?

Yo Solo pido Que Dar Prioridad a la Optimización

En Mi Caso Excedo los Facilidades Requisitos recomendados

i7-4770k
GTX 780 (Controladores actualizados)
16 GB
SSD
de Windows 10

Saludos a todos

para publicar en Inglés en este foro.

1 hour ago, road runner said:

¿Puede usted por favor, puesto en Inglés de acuerdo con las rules..thanks foro

sorry, solved not spam mate

12 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

párrafo Publicar en ingles En Este foro.

Sorry, solved 

12 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

para publicar en Inglés en este foro.

Mucho Gracias para mi Espanol este es muy malo.

SEAL87, try re posting as well in the troubleshooting forum, as this is really for the development branch version. 

as you may know, this week latest profiling branch performance binaries got support for hugepages :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-166-performance-binary-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=3130011

logically the 64-bit binaries will benefit the most

thus it's time for small xmas surprise for those who testing 64-bit and DEV branch

meet the performance binaries for DEV branch :

1.67.139743 new DEVELOPMENT branch PERFORMANCE binaries, v1, server and client, windows/linux
+ fixed -enableHT startup commandline param, linux (major) windows (minor), bonus benefit to AMD or CPU with many core users
+ added support for Large / Huge Pages into allocator interface, included in default TBB4, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_(computer_memory)#Huge_pages
+ new startup commandline -hugepages (both client / server, same 32bit / 64-bit)

available only (no steamclient route) as manual download from :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

note: archive-name is " 167_139743_DEVELOPMENT_binaries_with_HugePages.7z"

installation is quite simple, you overwrite with the content what's inside \Arma 3\ directory (make backup just for sure in case something breaks)

• Like 11

Alright, so how do we make a server on DEV branch with SteamCMD? If I enter the appID for the client/game I need to use my steam account that I own arma on; If I use that account then I can't log into the server from my actual game client on the same account. And of course the real reason the aforementioned is an issue is because "-beta development" doesn't do a single thing in SteamCMD when entering the appID of the server.

@Drift_91there seems to be bug hosting dedicated servers on latest DEV branch

the only workaround I'm aware of is that you install steam client and leave it running in memory (no login needed)

we will look into that issue after holidays

3 minutes ago, dwarden said:

@Drift_91there seems to be bug hosting dedicated servers on latest DEV branch

the only workaround I'm aware of is that you install steam client and leave it running in memory (no login needed)

we will look into that issue after holidays

Is this the issue in madmax's post you're talking about?

I was under the impression that was due to me using the same steam account for both server and client. I just now realized the reason "-beta development" wasn't working was because appID 233780 has no dev branch. So what you're saying is I download the client with appID 107410 and then install and run the GUI version of steam? Will running the steam GUI client in the background stop the "You were kicked off the game. Steam authentication failed." error from happening?

there is no server data package (233780) for DEV branch ...

DEV branch has only client data package (107410)

@dwarden Yes, I realize now. I was just editing my post to let you know I've solved the issue now when you replied. Thank you for the explanation and the workaround; I would have been on a wild goose chase for a solution to the wrong cause of the problem otherwise. :P

As for my feedback after actually using the 64-bit executable; Using dev branch with the above profiling changes and a 38GB modpack eventually crashed my game and several programs when my system ran out of memory. I'll test without mods later; But the biggest point to 64-bit for me personally is being able to store a fair portion of the assets from a large modpack in memory.

Overall I noticed lag spikes have turned into smoother stuttering, which is far less debilitating in combat. Also looking in and out of high magnification optics results in slight stutter instead of a half-second lagspike. Either the modpack is too performance heavy or my system is just too old for Tanoa in general. I'll test in a bit and see which it is.

Here's a link to my .rpt .mdmp and .bidmp http://www.filedropper.com/arma3x642016-12-2214-05-11

Have you tried using -maxmem=?

It crashes for me as well when my memory usage reach ~3.9 GB (as displayed in Task Manager) but after I used -maxmem=3500 I haven't crashed so far.

/KC

Reporting on 64 bit Performance update - 

Same settings as before, played this mission below with ACE3 64bit, Blastcore Edited, Dynasound, Environmental Effects, Headgore, Bloodlust, and  few other mods:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=313125974&searchtext=ufo

Died, repeated, died, repeated, died, ran YAAB to precache files, re-ran YAAB via the in mission menu AGAIN option, then crashed with memory error.

I had almost 20+ GB free at that time.

Will see I can run some more controlled testing but so far had zero crashes with the current 64bit dev build.

I've not checked FPS but the program doesn't crash out now all the time on big islands like Altis & Tanoa.

Good job BI - keep it up!

:thumb:

Thank you for 64bit!
The performance according to YAAB did not change, but the game seems smoother under load.
Getting a lot of "your computer is low on memory", although I have 8GB still free and Arma is using <3GB... guess it's a Windows issue.

So one thing I just noticed is that the VD greatly increases the loading time when restarting a mission in Eden. Why is that? One would expect that the textures are loaded into the memory and remain there for longer than 30 seconds, so they don't need to be reloaded each time I restart.

Any chance to cache more stuff now into the memory since we have more than enough now ? ;)

Moreover, has anyone got a server running with 64bit? We tried and no one could connect because the Steam authentification failed.

55 minutes ago, GieNkoV said:

Check if you have page file big enough.

64-bit implementation needs to function on its own, assuming the user has enough memory and RAM, and assuming they are leaving page file alone and letting Windows handle it.

Forcing the user to have to tinker with page files and stuff should not be considered acceptable by anyone.

It should be all OK by default but maybe he or someone have changed his settings. I remember getting out of memory messages when my page file was set too low.

• Like 1

If there are minimum requirements as for the Windows pagefile, BI should state that - along with how to check and possibly change it. I am not on Dev branch, so I don't know if there is a readme included with the 64 bit exe?