Richard.biely

64-bit Executables Feedback

One thing I've noticed in running the YAAB benchmark with 64 instead of 32 is the pagefile usage is a little bit higher (24gigs vs 19-20). But the ram usage is about the same.

is that normal/to be expected?

When playing a certain airforce mission I am having AI jets that won't properly take off anymore on the runway. I switched back to stable branch and the AI jets all take off normally again.

23 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

If you've somewhat fresh restarted system, so you haven't done a lot, then the textures load almost instantly. Play the game for a while or shut it down, browse internet and go play back again and the textures load slower again. I observed that behavior some years ago when the fred41's malloc came. Some tech guy can likely explain the reason (it's maybe even explained somewhere in the malloc thread).

Basically the stuff you first run gets loaded in the RAM, depending on different things it may stay or leave there, what i used to have back in the day are those RAM defragmenters, after you are done with ram intensive apps, and want to run another ram intensive apps, you'd run that defrag and it would reset your ram to be as when you started your PC in a matter of seconds. I don't use them anymore as i have a lot of ram but there might still be some out there. 

Btw anyone knows when this will be released for the public? I'm not installing it until it comes to the main branch as i can't play arma 3 without mods. Especially blastcore and jsrs

7 minutes ago, milosv123344 said:

Btw anyone knows when this will be released for the public? I'm not installing it until it comes to the main branch as i can't play arma 3 without mods. Especially blastcore and jsrs

I can play with JSRS and Blastcore without any issues with 64bit..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikiforos said:

I can play with JSRS and Blastcore without any issues with 64bit..

Thanks for letting me know,  i will install it then do you know if rhs and VTN mods works too?

i read that the tobi thing doesnt work with the 64.exe

there was no mention of track ir

TRACK IR is not working with the 64.exe 

I am all about helping track issues and give feed back, but i dont play arma with out my trackIR.. just will not do it. so when that is enabled you have one more tester!

#downloadingstablebranchagain

• Like 1

Early days but performance using the 64 bit .exe is markedly worse for me. Showcase infantry down from around 25-30 FPS to about 8;-) Not sure if any settings in parameters will help at mo. No mods loaded. Not expecting miracles.... but every little helps;-)

Win 10, i7-4810MQ @2.8GHz MSI GT40 2 PC Dominator laptop, 24 GB RAM,Nvidia Geforce 860M 6GB RAM.

petek, i had same issue on my old laptop ( Nvidia Geforce 520MX, 4GB RAM ) using 64 bit, fps dropped significantly, MSI afterburner showed my GPU was using only 45 MB of 1024 possible but i thought it was because it just didn't have more RAM available. If i checked correctly, your GPU has up to 4096 MB, so maybe when game running using more ram then usual, your GPU recieves less and FPS drops. ( i just assume ))

4 minutes ago, boss00521 said:

petek, i had same issue on my old laptop ( Nvidia Geforce 520MX, 4GB RAM ) using 64 bit, fps dropped significantly, MSI afterburner showed my GPU was using only 45 MB of 1024 possible but i thought it was because it just didn't have more RAM available. If i checked correctly, your GPU has up to 4096 MB, so maybe when game running using more ram then usual, your GPU recieves less and FPS drops. ( i just assume ))

Are you talking about VRAM or RAM? There's quite a difference.

Opentrack doesn't work on the 64 bit version. Works fine on 32 bit dev build.

Sorry if re-post, didn't read entire thread.

20 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Hi and thanks for feedback. My laptop has 24GB RAM and 6GB VRAM. Really didn't expect the 64bit .exe to reduce performance. As I said - early days but reallyhope to see some improvement as this develops.

cheers

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

I was talking about RAM

OK

Just tried out a scenario I created in the editor and compared 1.66 to the current dev build  with 64bit.. 1.66 runs better for me than the latest build which of course is strange.

Hopefully the final version of the  64 bit  will be better to use for performance.

Having an odd issue -when i start with 64 bit, If i open a scenario etc, the screen begins to "vibrate" in certain places.For example, on the map screen-all the txt in objectives and team etc will start to shake slightly. Also happens with some in game assets-I noticed it with palm trees on CUP Sahrani.They literally are shaking and fading like a badly tuned TV-dont know how else to explain it.

Well my laptop was never good with A3, in open ~20fps with AI, horrible FPS in urban area (but when comes to BF3 on full 64 players server, ~high settings, ~25-30 easy).

So with x64 i noticed:

- Loadings are a bit faster and going from main menu options and back  (MP  - Arsenal - SP) more "smooth". (Optionaly - Main Menu with 2D background would be better for faster navigating.)

- Altis overall has better performance for me, more stable FPS and by average 5-10 increase, but Urban areas, still very bad FPS.

- Now, when I look through grass, much more stable FPS and at least ~5 increase.

Over all x64 is a great improvement. 

My settings: Textures High, all else on standard, Post Proces CMAA,  AA OFF.

Here's a ticket about crash when changing map in editor https://feedback.bistudio.com/T122186

There's also a video showing my memory usages. It's a rather long a boring video but it shows well how to get some high memory usage.

Values without Arma 3:

VRAM: 206MB
RAM 2,9GB
"Page file" 3,4GB

When playing around in Arma 3:

VRAM: 7,7GB
RAM: 10GB
"Page file" 23,8GB

I call it "page file" because I'm not sure what that value actually tries to say.

I didn't remember to watch from resourse monitor and task manager how much it showed Arma 3 using. From previous experience it's like 4-5GB, and the rest of the 2-3GB (10GB - 3GB = 7GB)  can't really be seen.

As much as I hope but know it probably wont, Will this increase FPS on AMD CPU's because I love this game but apparently the game doesn't like my 8 core cpu giving me 10 -15 fps in single player. So will this at least bring it up to at least 30? 

Good one BIS. So this 64 bit release is smoother. not more frames but certianly seems smoother. And i'd expect it'll open up things like allowing higher quality scope pictures, etc.

Anyone else experiencing more stutter after todays update?

For me it's a big difference to the worse than it was yesterday and earlier today. Especially notable when flying heli even at lower VD and OB distance (~4000 m). Before the update I could fly with <8000 m VD without stuttering.

Edit: Issue found and it was in my end so nothing wrong with the update in my case. Unplugged TIR, Joystick and other USB devices and connected Joystick directly to MB and no I'm back to smooooth flying!

Did get CTD when flying around on Tanoa and mem usage climbed to ~3.9 GB but other than that it's happy days in the MH-9 :)

PS: Hope NaturalPoint wakes up and releases support for the x64 exe.

/KC

Cannot even join a Dev server whatsoever. I get access violation even after disabling BE.  Shame BIS wants people to test out this stuff but some can't even play on any DEV servers

Strange thing, when using 64-bit arma my laptop switches to Intel HD grafics instead of Geforce. Any tips how to fix that?

Now I'm not entirely sure if this is a coincidence or it's because of the update but:

Ever since last night at around 2:30AM I have not been able to load Arma 3's main game. 

In more detail, I am basically saying that when I click the "play" option in the launcher, it loads it up into the "Arma 3 Apex" picture that remains for about 10 seconds before moving onto the logos (I'm sure you know what I mean).

INSTEAD of moving to the logos. It simply crashes and gives me the error "0x0000dead". Then below it "Occured in the application at location 0x000000007540A832."

If anyone could give me any advice on what to do, I would highly appreciate it because as of right now I have tried:

re-installing it.

Veryifying the integrity of the game cache. 

Removing the arma 3 files.(http://prntscr.com/djz4l5)

ATTEMPTING to update my Driver for trying to get it to work.

Please can someone reply ASAP, I've got no clue on what to do and have been trying to fix it for about 10 hours straight now. It's frustrating me because only yesterday I bought the Helicopter and Marksmen DLC's.

6 hours ago, milosv123344 said:

Thanks for letting me know,  i will install it then do you know if rhs and VTN mods works too?

The two mods know to conflict are ACE3 and ALiVE

All the RHS stuff runs fine, CUP Terrains fine, 99% addons seem fine and no conflicts show in the launcher, if that's any use to you, and I have shit loads of addons running.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CALLUMJWEBSTER said:

Now I'm not entirely sure if this is a coincidence or it's because of the update but:

Ever since last night at around 2:30AM I have not been able to load Arma 3's main game. 

In more detail, I am basically saying that when I click the "play" option in the launcher, it loads it up into the "Arma 3 Apex" picture that remains for about 10 seconds before moving onto the logos (I'm sure you know what I mean).

INSTEAD of moving to the logos. It simply crashes and gives me the error "0x0000dead". Then below it "Occured in the application at location 0x000000007540A832."

If anyone could give me any advice on what to do, I would highly appreciate it because as of right now I have tried:

re-installing it.

Veryifying the integrity of the game cache. 

Removing the arma 3 files.(http://prntscr.com/djz4l5)

ATTEMPTING to update my Driver for trying to get it to work.

Please can someone reply ASAP, I've got no clue on what to do and have been trying to fix it for about 10 hours straight now. It's frustrating me because only yesterday I bought the Helicopter and Marksmen DLC's.

what does the RPT say, and do you have a game controller connected? as this was the same thing happening to me.