Sign in to follow this  
fruity_rudy

game crash out of memory RPT ..after patch

Running vanilla..no custom allocator, no fixed exe..all vanilla..since latest patch, game crashes soo often.. the last entries again in rpt before it crashed...haven't had these issues before.. buddy got it too..Or maybe my memory on the gpu is somehow busted?? no idea..

0:05:42 DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY
 0:05:42 CreateTexture failed : w = 2048, h = 2048, format = BC1_UNORM, err = E_OUTOFMEMORY.
 0:05:42 Virtual memory total 4095 MiB (4294836224 B)
 0:05:42 Virtual memory free 242 MiB (254349312 B)
 0:05:42 Physical memory free 8157 MiB (8553668608 B)
 0:05:42 Page file free 35759 MiB (37496799232 B)
 0:05:42 Process working set 3599 MiB (3773841408 B)
 0:05:42 Process page file used 3354 MiB (3517898752 B)
 0:05:42 Longest free VM region: 4194304 B
 0:05:42 VM busy 4057526272 B (reserved 150376448 B, committed 3907149824 B, mapped 307326976 B), free 237309952 B
 0:05:42 Small mapped regions: 24, size 102400 B
 0:05:42 VID: dedicated: 3221225472, shared 1073676288, system: 0, max: 2906652672, used: 2799734784
ErrorMessage: DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY

11 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Do you get one of the error codes listed here- https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unusual_process_exit

I am facing similar problems like the author and its effing annoying :/

Its none of the errors as mentiond on that page. Its just pure windows does not have sufficient memory thing.. aghhh

Oh and I am on a 64bit laptop...

Have you tried switcing to the Dev Branch?

Because the latest build offers 64-bit support (option in A3's Launcher)

again.. game crashed.. blackscreen..nothing happens (this time not the usual ctd without any message) rpt says this http://pastebin.com/1awpm8vp

It's really frustrating to play Arma these days.. I remember before Eden and Apex I haven't had one single crash. Now it crashes like 2-4 times a day. I did not change anything at all ..only trying custom allocator today (the one from _blub) and that's it.. I never used any custom alloc before nor did I change any parameters. I'd really like to know what's going on.. If you play on a 60 slot server and you crash, have to wait 10 mins or even .....XXX mins until somebody disconnects or crashes...really annoying and I don't like being angry during my free time in the evening

I doubt it'd be memory on the GPU, as ArmA 3 is a CPU intensive game. It's probably more to do with your RAM and HDD/SDD space

We have over 50 people with the same crash, only happens on Altis and Tanoa. Happened to me 3 times during 2 hours.

I too have a lot of friends that are reporting the same issue. Plus its happening to my server and i'm not even using the UI. Just connecting to it thru my client. I just installed a brand new SSD on my server and its still happening.

Hey,

I guess I have found someone having the same problem than me (I hope so)!

Do you guys are experiencing this issue :

Since about 10 weeks (after a bug update of 2/3gigas), Arma3 is randomly crashing, most of the time following a death. It like the RAM is saturated. Suddently FPS are dropping (used to run at 60fps and it falls down to 3fps), then the screen goes black and I nothing responds anymore. I have to turn off manually the computer and restart Arma, relaunch Steam, etc.... A bit annoying when you just spent $9000 for a Neophron.

This problem is happening to me but also to some friends and other players. FYI, it happens exclusively in KOTH mod, not in Breaking Point, campaign, Eden Editor etc...

It's happening to me but also to other friends and players

23 minutes ago, alexbu said:

Hey,

I guess I have found someone having the same problem than me (I hope so)!

Do you guys are experiencing this issue :

Since about 10 weeks (after a bug update of 2/3gigas), Arma3 is randomly crashing, most of the time following a death. It like the RAM is saturated. Suddently FPS are dropping (used to run at 60fps and it falls down to 3fps), then the screen goes black and I nothing responds anymore. I have to turn off manually the computer and restart Arma, relaunch Steam, etc.... A bit annoying when you just spent $9000 for a Neophron.

This problem is happening to me but also to some friends and other players. FYI, it happens exclusively in KOTH mod, not in Breaking Point, campaign, Eden Editor etc...

It's happening to me but also to other friends and players

I have the same symptoms and thought maybe because of a mod which I use (have several of them RHS, ACE, OPFOR, firewill's stuff) and therefor kept my mouth shut but looks like not a mod related one :(

Firefight starts and suddenly massive FPS drop which causes some texturing issues as well (like trees disappear) and then all freezes and need to kill arma 3 from task manager

@Devastaor_cm yep, FPS drop looks like we are playing in ultra-ultra-ultra low settings with a GeForce G210  ^^

And as @Pellejones said it can " Happened to me 3 times during 2 hours ", that's right.

My friends and I have noticed that Arma3 is actually going on Background task. The, GPU and CPU do not allow all recources to the game anymore... That would explain why FPS are falling into the into the darkness of our world

One last thing, I don't know if it happens to you too, but I've noted that something like 1 crash in 3 actually happen when I press "Escape" in order to respawn

Was there ever a solution to this? I've been getting this recently, more and more frequently.