Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf

Problems with helicopter, mass and guns.

Ok, i got my collision detection using some cheap rectangles and squares. I gave the entire helicopter a mass of 250, but it acts like a tail dragger, the nose sticks up, and when ever i fire a rocket from the helicopter the chopper explodes, could it be the fact that im using kegetys kiowa warrior as a test bed? and just replacing the .p3d? i dont know much about .ccp and i cant really modify weapons, can anyone help?

Where have you defined the rockets to come out from? They need their own points for that, the name I dont know unfortunately...

i dont know, i guess where ever they came out on the kiowa, i dont know anything about weapon editing, the rockets must be hitting the helicopter im guessing.

it's because the weapons are fired from the heli's origin and hit's the model shape. You must make points for gunbeginning and gun end, or something named similar to that. You can see names in config.

Regarding balance: look in your collision model - it has a blue X. this is the center of mass on your model. try re-weighting some points, so this X moves forward.

For rockets you have to position 2 points in Memory LOD - I dont remeber the names but they can be seen in UH60 MLOD model! Open it and under memory LOD search for raket* or similar or just click on every selection and watch closely the background models FFAR launchers! wink.gif

FlipeR

Don't get me wrong, but isn't 250 KG a little bit to light?? You should consider giving it more mass - because the flight physics will need it!!

ok, i will give it more mass, what would you suggest?