don_prince

Calling out all VBS PE owners

I am calling out all VBS PE owners to contact me. 

Recently things have been happening and since the support is on a low side at the moment if you have issues with the software we can fix them through community support. 

Also Bohemia Interactive is intrested to know how much VBS PE users still use the software please PM me how much you still use it. 

Please do not hesitate and PM me, there are some things at stake. 

Looking forward to keeping the community of owners active and going,

'Recently things have been happening'. A very true statement.

'There are some things at stake'.

Why do you make such a vague post? It doesn't sound trustworthy at all. I'm going to ask my Nigerian Prince friend what he thinks of your post.

• Like 7

Basically, BI Simulations is leaving the RV engine behind, they are creating their own military simulation engine. VBS 3 is the last one in the series with relation to Arma. Sounds like there is some restructuring of staff and dropping support for some legacy systems.

It is simple, what is at stake is losing updates with the last one that will ever be beeing 3.8.1 (which is already light years behind)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS_Z00AD met Tapatalk

There is a discord set up for VBS PE owners. Bohemia interactive simulations is in that discord and is interested in what PE owners are doing with their software and if they are still active. This is only for PE owners so on me to get the link. If you are not a PE owner you won't get in.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS_Z00AD met Tapatalk

We are nearly above our desired target of active owners, Trust me when I say we need every single one on deck. Probably in the beginning of februari if all goes well I hope to open the community up to non owners who are looking to aquire it. We are looking for ways but we will see how it goes. 

If you know someone that does own VBS Please notify him or her that we need him or her for the benefit of continued support and that he or she should PM me for furhter instructions. 

On 14.12.2016 at 4:07 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

Basically, BI Simulations is leaving the RV engine behind, they are creating their own military simulation engine. VBS 3 is the last one in the series with relation to Arma. Sounds like there is some restructuring of staff and dropping support for some legacy systems.

Does this have something to do with TitanIM?

https://au.linkedin.com/in/david-lagettie-b55a8426

Titan IM and BI Simulations have as far as I know other than ex employees of BI Simulatiosn no ties what soever. 

Also I have not heard official news regarding the engine, untill then we can speculate but for now my focus is on getting support back to VBS PE

Allright, 

Fastforward to now and there has been a decision by Bohemia Interactive Simulations. Support for VBS 3 Personal Edition has officialy dropped. Officialy PE support was dropped back in 2013 however, PE owners still where getting updates. The lastest update to VBS 3 PE being 3.8.1 (more precicely: 3.8.1.136228 (76) ) This will be the LAST version supplied to the PE branch meaning that from now on the PE owners will not get updates anymore. 

This means that there will be:

- No future PE updates

- No future PE support

- No future PE purchases

IF you are not on the last version (3.7 upgrade bug) please PM me for steps to upgrade to 3.8.1. 

It is not all bad news as BISim is concidering a public version I quote from the statement:

There is potential for a VBS user community to be re-formed when we release our new product range, based on the VBS Blue engine. No decisions have been made as yet, however.

A website is in the making with a forum. This will most likely be www.VBSPE.com on this website the current owners will supply their own support and help based of community knowledge. We will also work on making the mods that are available in the community for VBS 3 and the Missions available to forum members.  There will be regular VBS missions. If you ever where interested in what VBS 3 lookes like or in general are willing to get to know about it be sure to hop on as with support dropped new possibilitys open up.

The website currently is down and will probably be up in 2-3 days. 

Another thing quoted from the statement:

One thing might be of interest to VBS PE owners: we are actively looking for Arma/VBS modders to join our development team, and if anyone is interested then they should contact us via email

So if there is Arma/VBS modders looking for a job BISim is interested...

• Like 2