autigergrad

African Factions for CUP

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810913902

I created this to help mission makers by adding new factions without adding more mods.

SInce CUP, which is awesome, has zero African factions, etc. I decided to create my own.

I am now up to 6 fully playable African factions in this pack.  The only requirement to use these is CUP (Units, Weapons, Vehicles).

-An African Rebel faction based off of Somali Pirates set to Opfor  Faction name: CUP_AFR_Reb
-An Islamic African Insurgent faction based off of Boko Haram and Al Shabab set to Opfor Faction name: CUP_AFR_M_Reb
-A full standardized African Army that speaks French set to Independent.  This force has Infantry, Special Forces, Tanks, APCs, Helicopters, and Fighter Jets.  Faction name: CUP_AFR_Army
-An African based UN Peacekeeping Force set to Blufor that speaks French.  Fully equipped with UN vehicles and aircraft.  Faction name: CUP_AFR_UN
-An African Civilian faction.  Faction name: CUP_AFR_CIV
-An African Muslim Civilian faction.  Faction name: CUP_AFR_M_CIV

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cABKS6HoZRaCBF10EKlfy-6

.eJwNyUEOhCAMAMC_8ACgpRT1M4YgQTcqBOpps39

.eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGAA_4pqQZSpEEEmVFATuV9X

.eJwVw1EOwiAMANC7cABaKu1glzGEETazCYH6Zby

.eJwVw1EKwyAMANC7eAATo2baywyxYjvaKZp9jd1

.eJwVyVEOgyAMANC7cADagrbMyywECbroIFC_lt1

.eJwVw1sOgyAQAMC7cAD2Ia7gZRqCBDVaCKxfTe_

.eJwVyFEOgyAQRdG9sACYpzigm2kIEtRoITB-Nd1

• Like 11

From screenshots I can tell you made good job out there :) !

Thank you for creating these as they are very cool. I hope to see some CUP missions using these factions soon. For the sake of realism (if interested), I would like to suggest a few changes. Farsi is a Persian language and isn't widely spoken anywhere in Africa. I'm not certain of what all languages are available in A3/CUP but French, Arabic or British accented English would all be better choices. I also noticed AK-74s (and variants) and RPK-74s (both are 5.45x39mm) in a number of the screenshots, Those weapons have never been legally exported (smuggled perhaps) to any African nations. Those could easily be replaced with versions of the AK-47, AKM, and the RPK (all 7.62x39mm) which are widely used all over the world.

7 hours ago, scimitar said:

Thank you for creating these as they are very cool. I hope to see some CUP missions using these factions soon. For the sake of realism (if interested), I would like to suggest a few changes. Farsi is a Persian language and isn't widely spoken anywhere in Africa. I'm not certain of what all languages are available in A3/CUP but French, Arabic or British accented English would all be better choices. I also noticed AK-74s (and variants) and RPK-74s (both are 5.45x39mm) in a number of the screenshots, Those weapons have never been legally exported (smuggled perhaps) to any African nations. Those could easily be replaced with versions of the AK-47, AKM, and the RPK (all 7.62x39mm) which are widely used all over the world.

Thanks for the suggestions.  In regards to the language, since BIS doesn't give us Arabic, I use Farsi as the closest alternative.

I tried to give a wide spread on weaponry for the Insurgents...AK47s, AKMs, RPKs, FALs, M16s, and older rifles to represent a hodge podge of weaponry.  Thanks for the information. 

• Like 2

Mod Updated.  Cleaned up some script errors in the config.  Enjoy.

• Like 3

Congrats on your new mod release, I know that feel! :)

This said, can you please binarize your configs, we had some issues in the past where the configs of a mod wasn't binarized and the server would reject everyone with these signed PBOs :-(

• Like 1

Those look pretty damn nice.  Brings back some memories of the BAS? mod from OFP

• Like 3

Small update today as I had a lingering error that was popping up that I squashed.

On 12/02/2017 at 4:47 PM, hcpookie said:

Those look pretty damn nice.  Brings back some memories of the BAS? mod from OFP

Indeed reminds me of Tonal :icon_biggrin:

it s a great work thanks,:don13::don13::don13:

hum sorry, i was looking to classname list for my units spawner script but i didn t found it, can you help me?

Excellent release, thank you :)

@thesnypr: get hold of Gienkov's brilliant DAC Toolbox - easily generate DAC-style lists for units, wheeled veicles, tracked vehicles, & choppers (or/and selected subsets). I never do it any other way - especially with large mods like CUP, RHS, & UNSUNG.

Statics, boats & jets you have to do yourself - easiest way is to place the units/items you want, save the mission unbinarised, then open it in notepad++.

@thesnyper

Sure thing bud.  I'll try to get a complete list of classnames this week for everyone.

UPDATE 2/28/2017:  I squashed a bug that was sometimes causing the Independent T-72 Tanks to fire on friendly units.  All good to go now.

I'm working on a showcase mission as well using my African pack that I'll post on steam when I'm done in case anyone is itching to try an African CUP scenario.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, autigergrad said:

@thesnyper

Sure thing bud.  I'll try to get a complete list of classnames this week for everyone.

UPDATE 2/28/2017:  I squashed a bug that was sometimes causing the Independent T-72 Tanks to fire on friendly units.  All good to go now.

I'm working on a showcase mission as well using my African pack that I'll post on steam when I'm done in case anyone is itching to try an African CUP scenario.

Use the ORBATerer feature for classnames :)

• Like 2

Minor Update today:

-Changed all faction generic names to African based

-Changed the language of the IND Army faction and the Christian/Western themed Civilian faction to French

I'm pretty happy with where this pack is now.  Other than bug fixes or any updates from upcoming CUP releases, I believe this will be the last update for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

Hello,

Small but fairly significant update today.  Cleaned up the config and eliminated the "backpack on the ground" issue that was occuring when spawning units in with ALiVE.  As always, hope you guys enjoy the factions.

• Like 4