Sign in to follow this  
GFX707

Help needed :(

I made this earlier -

big_gun.jpg

Now I haven't decided what gun will be in it so just now there is only a temporary one....anyway I cannot seem to figure out how to make it turn. I have looked at the memory LOD and checked the config.cpp (based on Adammo's M101A1) and I still can't get it to turn at all. It just sits there looking stupid.

Anyway if anyone wants to help me I would be glad to just send em a zip of the thing, so that they could maybe get it to work. I really am at my wit's end with this thing sad.gif

Add something like this to the config:

class Turret

{

gunAxis="OsaHlavne";

turretAxis="OsaVeze";

soundServo[]={};

gunBeg="usti hlavne";

gunEnd="konec hlavne";

minElev=-12;

maxElev=40;

minTurn=-90;

maxTurn=90;

body="OtocVez";

gun="OtocHlaven";

};

From that you define the parts of the model that turn etc, in that (default one) "OsaHlavne" is the part that rotates horizontally, and "OsaVeze" is the part that rotates vertically... to make a part rotate both horizontally and vertically, make it part of both groups. OtocVez is the "dot" in the memory part that is used as the axis.

For an example model on how this stuff work you can dl my Uaz with MG test model from http://phobos.linux-site.net:10080/uaz_mg.p3d

thanks a lot Kegetys biggrin.gif

although I am still puzzled as to how I 'group' objects in O2....? I cannot seem to find the function to do this

Select the object/vertexes you want to group, and right click on the "Named Selections" window and select "new" and type in the name of the group. I guess the "official" name is "named selection" not "group" but I call them groups tounge.gif

Right, well I seem to have made some progress now

I looked at your uaz and an m113, and did the following

LOD 1 (2.00)

OtocHlaven=gun selected

OtocVez=gun and turret selected

Memory LOD

Osa Hlavne = the gun's up/down axis

Osa Veze = the turret's axis

OtocHlaven=gunnerview  + Konec hlavne + usti hlavne selected

OtocVez = gunnerview + Konec hlavne + usti hlavne + OsaHlavne selected

edit - I seem to have fixed it

thanks for the help Kegetys biggrin.gif