Sign in to follow this  
mech

Best practice for addrating

Hey guys,

I'm, working on a persistent mission that will run for month through alive and it's already testing the server performance. My problem: Some players might cause collateral damage and I can not prevent that. Some players might end up in a position where they kill sozens of civilians because someone else gave them wrong coordinates. The question is: How can I make sure that they never get negative rating and how can I do it in the best way?

I've read triggers are evil so what is better and performance friendly?

I found this sniplet:

if (hasInterface) then { 
     [] spawn {
         while {true} do {
             if (rating player < 1000) then {player addRating 5000;};
          sleep 15;
         };
     };
};

If I understand it correctly, then I should put this into initPlayerLocal.sqf, correct? Is this a good way to do it?

this is awesome!

Simply into the initPlayerLocal.sqf and my players will never again get shot for friendly fire?

this is awesome!

Simply into the initPlayerLocal.sqf and my players will never again get shot for friendly fire?

Test it, not sure if you need to re-add it on respawn or not

Hey guys,

I'm, working on a persistent mission that will run for month through alive and it's already testing the server performance. My problem: Some players might cause collateral damage and I can not prevent that. Some players might end up in a position where they kill sozens of civilians because someone else gave them wrong coordinates. The question is: How can I make sure that they never get negative rating and how can I do it in the best way?

Let them fully face the consequences of their actions, maybe they'll learn from it and start being more careful about what they're doing.

Other than that, what KK said.

Cheers

Let them fully face the consequences of their actions, maybe they'll learn from it and start being more careful about what they're doing.

Far too unrealistic.

I use 

player addRating (0 - (rating player));

frequently for taking care of the 'dark side' of player rating. Still allows for the upside but I can manage friendly fire in a separate way.