Sign in to follow this  
VipHeart

To suma: weapons upgradable?

Before I lost my unlockcode I was working on my new FAMAS and my new G36C. The basic models were finished and I started to make scopes, sound depressors and m203/grenade launcher combos in Milkshape. Now i wonder..

Do I have to make separate models for e.g. a scoped FAMAS and a normal FAMAS??

Or could I use the proxy feature to add scope/mortar/GL in the game??

Or could I use the group feature to show/hide parts of the model??

I'm pretty interested in what possibilities there are. Because I wanted to make my new HK series "upgradable", means that the player could upgrade the weapon on special ammoboxes/checkpoints.

Thanx!!

why dont you make two weapons one as a default and make another pretending its an upgrade.... stick the new one in the crate and call it "whatever upgrade" in the cpp file...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do I have to make separate models for e.g. a scoped FAMAS and a normal FAMAS??

<span id='postcolor'>

I would do it this way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or could I use the proxy feature to add scope/mortar/GL in the game??

<span id='postcolor'>

I think this is not possible, but you still might want to try it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or could I use the group feature to show/hide parts of the model??

<span id='postcolor'>

I do not think you have any control over hiding parts in weapons. There is such feature present for vehicles (same model can be reused for different vehicle classes with different parts hidden), but I do not think this works for weapons.

Note: Flashpoint is quite huge and there is a number of various possibilities how to do something. Even I cannot tell you always if something is possible or not. I wrote above what I think, but I may easily be mistaken. I would use the first way (separate models) to solve the problem, as it is guaranteed to work, but other ways may be possible too.

You could do silencers, maybe scopes too the same way as the M16 Mortar is done in OFP I think... You can only use it when you have the M16 too, and it has its own separate model and weapon stuff in the config.

Edit: though you'd have to put the silencer in use with a "reload silencer" action I think...

Edit 2: Now that I think of it, it might be that the silenced version made this way would use different ammo... dunno if there would be a way to fix that

Thanx@all. I took a deeper look into the decoded config and I found out that the easiest way will really be to make seperate models for each.. biggrin.gif