Gunter Severloh

You've played to much Arma when:

Your style and efficacy of moderating is still sorely missed, still today.

People just listened.🏆

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Your style and efficacy of moderating is still sorely missed, still today.

People just listened.🏆

That's very kind of you to say. But to be completely honest I think that I waaay overdid the manner in which I moderated and should have had a much more understanding/empathetic tone, it's something I regret and one of the reasons I then stepped back from the frontline to the "rear echelon mf" 😉

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Placebo said:

That's very kind of you to say. But to be completely honest I think that I waaay overdid the manner in which I moderated and should have had a much more understanding/empathetic tone, it's something I regret and one of the reasons I then stepped back from the frontline to the "rear echelon mf" 😉

Personally, I think the level you struck on the understanding/empathic <----> unfeeling/blindrulefollowing was absolutely spot on. Another moderator, who shall remain nameless, remarked to me and others that yours were sizeable shoes to step into.

Of course, users have changed too. They have become more demanding and perhaps less patient and that requires a different style that, it should be said, the current team are doing a fine job at fullfilling.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tankbuster said:

Personally, I think the level you struck on the understanding/empathic <----> unfeeling/blindrulefollowing was absolutely spot on. Another moderator, who shall remain nameless, remarked to me and others that yours were sizeable shoes to step into.

Of course, users have changed too. They have become more demanding and perhaps less patient and that requires a different style that, it should be said, the current team are doing a fine job at fullfilling.

I was lucky I stopped being community manager before the explosion of social media, I certainly don't envy anyone who has to professionally wade through the depths of toxicity whilst staying calm and encouraging to the community as a whole!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Placebo said:

I was lucky I stopped being community manager before the explosion of social media, I certainly don't envy anyone who has to professionally wade through the depths of toxicity whilst staying calm and encouraging to the community as a whole!

I'm sure you're right.

We also have a good number of us vets that are regulars here to keep things in check too, moderators step in when things get out of hand

to enforce the rules, or even say something themselves to add to a conversation to keep things ... logical and relevant to the discussion,

they do know how to put their foot down.

On that note as much as this is a good discussion reminiscing of old times and peoples, lets try to keep the thread here on the

subject before Roadki11 or FallujahMedic comes in and does an Ahem to us 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

On that note as much as this is a good discussion reminiscing of old times and peoples, lets try to keep the thread here on the

subject before Roadki11 or FallujahMedic comes in and does an Ahem to us 😄

You know you've played too much Arma when...you can accurately predict the moderator's actions before they've taken them 😄

On a side note, I'm glad you used the term "vets" rather than "old-timers" 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

As much of its nice to reminisce, can we please try to stay on topic.

I also had to remove two recent posts in this thread, as they broke our forum rules on flame-baiting and one talking about the forum moderation. If anyone has complaints about forum moderation please do it via the correct channels and take it to our Community Manger @Nillers

Thanks

(p.s Placebo was the one who asked me to be a moderator 7/8 years ago)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You know you've played to much Arma when BI comes out with another update which breaks your mod in someway

and you feel like quitting but the veteran in you and the love for the game keeps you giving your best for the community!

A funny video thats been on steam for a bit, but this sums up my post 😄

When your cat after all these years of being around while you play arma

gets the arma vibe 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You know you have played to much Arma when you been playing as FIA and AAF and its

starts showing up in your real life 😄

tr74zhw80g161.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

6f3onf5i0uy51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Like 4

You get asked to help with math homework,

you_fnc_convertPercent=
{
	params ["_per", "_num"];
	systemChat format ["%1 is %2 percent of %3", _per, (_num * (_per * 0.01)), _num];
};

[30, 60] call you_fnc_convertPercent;

😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

... when your family or friends asked if you were watching the new ARMA TV series while binge watching Strike Back (up to season 6 now). 

Every fire fight that comes up reminds of ARMA. Especially when Stonebridge tilts and shifts in and out of the scenes when he is moving through them.

Someone should seriously crib and create a coop series based on the TV show.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You know youve played too much Arma when you return from a two year break away and your ability to do anything you can imagine in the editor comes back like a muscle memory akin to your FPS shooter days.

PS Arma i love you baby lets never fight again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You know you've played to much Arma when you start seeing license plates with Arma on them

pdkmy9rjim561.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

You've played to much Arma when a mission your building takes priority over everything else in your life

xsqzplon3f461.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, 4SFG Dan said:

Yes.

Yes what?

Point of this thread if you happened to read the 1st post and maybe some others, is to

state something either funny, serious, or general that would relate to playing the game so much that when...

this or that happens its an associative statement.

Welcome to BI forums btw!

• Haha 1

You refer to your playtime in years opposed to hours

(AL life reference) you refer to "Redbull" as "RedGull"

You buy a seprate SSD just for Arma 3 so you can get better load times 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You've played too much Arma 3 when any time you even glance at a map of the Mediterranean, you automatically glance at Lemnos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

when you realize your hours eclipse that of all of your other games combined. rip

• Like 4

When ur game crashes and you cant find the mods conflicting cause you have too many mods to look thru and dont remember the latest one u added to list 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

When you finally "master" the action menu(3400 hours logged) 😂

• Haha 2

When you start using real-life military lingo (you learned from playing in a MilSim unit) in real-life.

At work we have large double-doors entering our warehouse and I'll often shout "Friendly coming in" to announce my entrance so I don't inadvertently smack anyone on the other side of the door with the door itself (or get hit by them coming out).

• Haha 3

On 1/22/2021 at 3:40 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

xsqzplon3f461.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

O.k. I'm in.. Who is the guy watching tv.. 😉

I love doggy way, you get to watch tv too.

As originally posted here: 

On 6/26/2021 at 12:51 PM, Valken said:

But the game is like fine wine or a good whiskey or scotch!  It gets better over time, especially the community. 

• Like 1

I’m in hospital at the moment, multiple internal organs failed and I was rushed to hospital, and when they had me on the harder drugs in Emergency/ICU on life support I was having Arma based vivid hallucinations while still awake, and trying to write to the nurses about CSAT Pacific (I was intubated but aware, so unable to speak) which was terrifying at the time but almost absurd in hindsight that I was hallucinating this game I’ve put over six thousand hours into by this point.

I’m no longer in life threatening danger unless something else goes wrong, started slowly trying to walk again and on the way to a 6 month to a year recovery now just with a bunch of new impressive scars everywhere and some other longer term complications but wanted to share what’s now my biggest ‘You’ve Played Too Much Arma’ moment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3