Gunter Severloh

You've played to much Arma when:

You've played to much Arma when:

• You make Armaholic your home page, Bi forums your hangout, the Arma community your family, the game your office and your real life a minor distraction.
  • Every game you play, your looking for the editor.
  • Addons and mods start to exceed your hard drive capacity.
  • You spend most of your money on upgrading your computer so you can play the game better.
  • You stop to rest halfway to the garbage dumpster as soon as you start breathing heavier.
  • You stay outside in the rain knowing you wont get wet.
  • You mount a spotlight on your car because your headlights only shine 30m in front of you 😄
  • You watch a war movie and get up to find cover when the shooting starts.
  • You start to stink and need a shower but think no one will smell you in the game so you keep playing.
  • Your cat is meowing at you for food but you think its the ambient animals ingame.
  • You set the actual time and day in the editor to the real time.
  • You get in your car and step on the gas right away thinking it will go.
  • You start wearing a backpack everywhere you go.
  • You get to a door and it takes you 2 minutes to open it.
  • Your boss at work tells you what to do and you reply with roger.
  • You get to a ladder and your stuck at the bottom because your waiting for the up arrow to show up.
  • You start going into random houses looking for loot. (Ravage mod)
  • You walk around with a flashlight on at night.
  • Your game time exceeds the amount of time you've spent at work.
  • The traffic gets bad you think you can just drive across the field instead.
  • You forget your actual name because you talk to everyone using your game name.
  • When walking your dog and he starts to wander off, and you yell 2, return to formation!
  • You feel slow and tired you think your lagging.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

You're so used to TrackIR, that every other first-person shooter you play you flap your head around uselessly.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

when you play too much arma you start to decompile and recompile the campaign missions thinking it will change surroundings irl

09RNyq.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When you look for a hotkey to open your fridge for the tenth or so break from playing arma in a day. (thanks enhanced movement)

When you countdown the splash screen time,and nail it to a tee.

when your girlfriend asks...."what do you want for dinner?"  you reply with ... "A spotter,my eyes are starting to hurt"

I thought I would take the time to answer them all :)

When every game you play, your looking for the editor. -Yes

When addons and mods start to exceed your hard drive capacity. -Yes (I have 2 hard drives of 1 TB each one is full and the other one is almost full)

When you spend most of your money on upgrading your computer so you can play the game better. -Yes (Probably that's why my bank and wallet are empty :P)

When you stop to rest halfway to the garbage dumpster as soon as you start breathing heavier. -No (I'm in the army so I don't have such problems :rolleyes:)

When you stay outside in the rain knowing you wont get wet. -Yes (Everyone walking with umbrellas and raincoats and I am there just with a jacket on not even a hood)

When you mount a spotlight on your car because your headlights only shine 30m in front of you -No (I only have ~1500 I think this will happen at around 2000 hours)

When you watch a war movie and get up to find cover when the shooting starts. -Yes (I jump behind the couch)

When you start to stink and need a shower but think no one will smell you in the game so you keep playing. -Yes (until my girlfriend comes in my room )

When your cat is meowing at you for food but you think its the ambient animals ingame. -No (I don't have a cat otherwise that would probably be the case)

When you set the actual time and day in the editor to the real time. -Yes (Just all the time)

When you get in your car and step on the gas right away thinking it will go. -Yes (Done it a couple of times  :P)

When you start wearing a backpack everywhere you go. -Yes (I am wearing a backpack everywhere I go lol :lol:)

When you get to a door and it takes you 2 minutes to open it. -Yes (I just can't open doors anymore thanks arma)

When your boss at work tells you what to do and you reply with roger. -Yes (Again I'm in the army so I do it anyway)

When you get to a ladder and your stuck at the bottom because your waiting for the up arrow to show up. -No (lol)

When you start going into random houses looking for loot. (Ravage mod) -No (Not the apocalypse yet)

When you walk around with a flashlight on at night. -Yes (Does using my phone's flashlight count?)

When your game time exceeds the amount of time you've spent at work. -No (Not there yet  ^_^)

When the traffic gets bad you think you can just drive across the field instead. -Yes (I tell this to my girlfriend when she is driving and we are stuck in traffic  :P)

When you for get your actual name because you talk with everyone using your game name. -Yes (I forgot what my real name is)

When your walking your dog and he starts to wander off, and you yell 2, return to formation! -Yes (I don't know why I just do it for fun sometimes but instead of 2 I say you :232:)

When you feel slow and tired you think your lagging. -No (Thank god I don't feel like I'm lagging because lagging even in game makes me wanna smash my router)

When your reaction time got so much slower,because you were playing game 20fps for 3 years   :D

When you see the fog in real life, and you think it is a rendering distance

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Alex

Not really questions, point of the thread is to come up with comical ideas or metaphors about your experience with the game related to real life or the game itself.

Dont take what is posted literally as its all made up.

When you wake up and you thought you were revived.

• Like 3

this is pretty accurate.

top two for me would be:

A) setting the environment time in the editor to the real time

B) looking for the editor upon startup of the game. 

i caught myself a few times now when i watched any youtube video of arma3 pressing ALT and trying to look around...

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

i caught myself a few times now when i watched any youtube video of arma3 pressing ALT and trying to look around...

Happens all the time!

You know you play too much Arma when your comparison to real life places and events are automatically compared to our favorite game. Two points, while watching a documentary that showed some rolling countryside my first thought was 'looks just Chernarus!'.

Second, watching the footage of Iraqi's taking back Mosul and saw a M1117 and thought, 'Cleggy was right, this is used quite a bit!'

• Like 2

......when the wife stops putting out!  

• Like 8

So much yes on the fog comment- I was in the Outback a while back and kept talking about the fantastic render distance to people, or about how nice the volumetric fog looks. 

-While I wait for any game to install I start looking for realism mods.

-Spending time each day trying to calculate how much weight you are carrying so how far you can move before collapsing in a asthmatic heap on the floor. 

-Listening to gunshots in videos and trying to find the distance and direction of the shooter from the sound propagation. 

-Copying the leaning postures when walking in hallways, so as to not expose yourself too much. 

-Criticising movie's and other game's engagement ranges- ' That DMR sucks, I can shoot further than that in A3 with 5.56 and a red dot'

On gear/weapons/vehicles- being able to get a nationality and possible unit and time period for pretty much any photo you come across, because someone has already made it in A2 or A3. 

-Being better at navigation than your actual Section NCO's. 

-And spending 2 years playing Arma in American units only to find out everything you know is wrong because Commonwealth nations do it slightly differently. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

- Your exasberated travel agent ducks your calls tired of explaining there are no Summer deals to Sahrani "now or ever!".

- You take long, hard curious looks at your wife trying hard to figure out what she is again.

- Your real life nemesis is a coding master.

- You scratch your chin realizing your twins, Malden and Evey look alot like your wife's personal trainer and have squat snatched since 4.

• Like 4

When you need to put boxes up high you think:     I wish i was in the Eden editor

when your out camping and you need to build a campfire you think:      this inflame true;

when someone says let me give you a hint, and you think    hint "give me the answer";

when you need to secure a suspect in a crime as a policeman you tell them:  unitname removeallweapons this;

when your about to get into an accident and you think:  this allowdamage false;

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When your closet contains M81 WDL, Alpenflage and KLMK camies along with various other LC-2, ChiCom and WarPac surplus shit...

You know you play to much arma when other games do not interest you, even ones such as Red Orchestra 2 "rising storm" ...'2' and Squad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When you look for good cover on your way to the grocery store in case you got engaged

When you tell your girlfriend: 2, board that, car.

• Like 7

041a95458291108.jpg (Arma 2 version)

• Like 8

@ OMAC - man I actually feel guilty about that! :P

... when with every new game trailer that comes out, you check these forums and Armaholic to see if someone is working on a mod for ARMA since those other games won't be hardcore enough for you!

• Like 1

You cannot play too much ArmA.

I often rightclick+drag or WASD in order to scroll web sites/elements.

I have a 1TB SSD for games only, where Arma directory is at 150 GB.

I type "skiptime 9;" into my computer at work but nothing appropriate happens.

@OMAC, that is gaming in general. Birthrate in Europe is low, I reckon because of gaming and pr0n. :)

I mean, it's simple. You know your wife. But you do not know what kind of gift, e.g. error messages scripting, ArmA has for you today. So what's more interesting ;-)?

• Like 3

-When trying to write your final exam and just MUST check your dedi to see how the war is going (ALiVE, no autopause)

-Complaining about long hours in front of the computer at work, when you get back home.... same as above

-When trying to rush the kids to sleep, because you have some cool ideas you want to test in the editor

...and of course:

On 14.12.2016 at 3:53 PM, OMAC said:

041a95458291108.jpg

• Like 2

When you make Armaholic your home page, Bis forums your hangout, the Arma community your family, the game your office,

and your real life a minor distraction.

I'm loving this thread :f: Here's my (god's honest!) additions:

You've played too much Arma when:

You know if you've seen the flash, it's already too late

You have enrolled your wife to help create stringtables

You have worn a neck-brace and endured weeks of physiotherapy due to your gaming posture - and still deem it a small price to pay

Almost all your T-shirts are purchased from Bohemia Interactive

You read military history and watch war films, solely for the purpose of finding ideas for your scenarios

You find yourself using military jargon and acronyms; then seem surprised when no-one understands

You have unintentionally clocked an obscene number of hours on Arma 3 in Steam - and people tell you how much time it is in years

Your ringtone is the Arma 3 theme

Your YouTube playlist history is completely Arma related

All your friends on Steam are Arma friends

You have all the Arma emoticons on Steam

Your desktop screensaver is an Arma 3 screenshot

You know most of the devs by name and never miss a livestream

Your weekly reading of Sitreps has become a well-established ritual (involving tea)

Your desktop is completely cluttered with _co, _smdi, _nohq, and p3d files

You know who Nicholas Ramsden and Raymond Givens are

Your copy of the Arma 3 Tactical Guide is beside your bed

Your neighbours still think you're a terrorist after catching a glimpse of you brandishing a life-sized (toy) AK-47 during a photoshoot for RTM animation reference images... yeah, that took some explaining!

You consider the community your extended family :drinking2:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1