Sign in to follow this  
old_painless

Can't resume mission from saves after 1.66

I played an SP workshop mission (Once bitten, twice shy) and saved while playing. When i reenter Arma 3, I do not get the option to resume that same mission from one of the saves. Is that a general problem for others after 1.66 or am I missing something obvious?

I checked that there are saves stored in the folder timestamped from the last play:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\Once%20bitten,%20twice%20shy.Tanoa.

This is the file list in the folder:

• "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\Once%20bitten,%20twice%20shy.Tanoa\weapons.cfg"
  • "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\Once%20bitten,%20twice%20shy.Tanoa\autosave.Arma3Save"
  • "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\Once%20bitten,%20twice%20shy.Tanoa\autosaveold.Arma3Save"
  • "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\Once%20bitten,%20twice%20shy.Tanoa\Once%20bitten,%20twice%20shy.Tanoa.pbo"
  • "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\Once%20bitten,%20twice%20shy.Tanoa\save.Arma3Save"
  • "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\Once%20bitten,%20twice%20shy.Tanoa\save2.Arma3Save"

Thanks,

OP

Two reasons I can think of may be the issue. The first is sometimes mission saves are incompatible between versions of the game ie. after a major update. Also are you running any mods which may interfere with saves-such as ACE3?

With a usual 10 Go of updates, sure, you can't!  The good question is: why is it mandatory to download all that files each times?

Right, I should add that the problem was AFTER the update to 1.66:

The situation is that I play the mission, save, leave A3 and reenter a couple of hours later. And then I can't resume, even though I did not change modset.

I run a few mods, could that be the problem (Bloodlust, CBA) ?

-OP

Edit: I now tried again, no mods at all. Still does not work between sessions. Within same session, the saves are available. Launches through Arma3sync. This can't be right?