STACKER

Random place objects by sat. mask, app.

Hi,

In the process of working on the project of my island, I've created a small program to generate a vegetation by mask.
There is still many bugs, and i only tested it with my island parameters.
It can:
1) Import object list from Terrain Builder.
2) Random place objects on area selected by color from sat. mask texture.
3) Generate object by defined random values of size, direction, pitch.
3) Export result as .txt back to TB.

So i have question is there anybody interested in using this program?

the App :)

u9O2mXz.jpg

Tarrain Builder
mDGyhc3.jpg

j9GskJa.jpg

eoIlj0H.jpg

• Like 3

Sounds like a limited version of one of the modules in Terrain Processor.  How is it different?

Yes, it's probably a simpler version of the module from Terrain Processor.
Most part of program, I have written, before TP publishing.

I did not check out TB, but for example my program can generate objects
in the area of the selected color, and separately only on its borders.

good idea, xcam has a similar feature where you can add objects based on the surface texture you choose. 

Ok, I will write a manual and publish it for testing.

please do. this sounds great.

something that is really important with these kind of things is spacing. i remember having problems with world tools placing stuff ontop of eachother, if you wanted to have dense placement. with a proper spacing function this kind of tools can be insanely powerful.

I notice in the images that you have used one of the masks generated from TB. Can you import your own surface mask? Mine is 20480x20480. What's the size limitations on the images?

please do. this sounds great.

something that is really important with these kind of things is spacing. i remember having problems with world tools placing stuff ontop of eachother, if you wanted to have dense placement. with a proper spacing function this kind of tools can be insanely powerful.

Yes there are spacing, you can define for each object minimum distance between other objects in layer.

I notice in the images that you have used one of the masks generated from TB. Can you import your own surface mask? Mine is 20480x20480. What's the size limitations on the images?

This is original mask before you put it in TB, my program like TB cut it to pieces (tiles).

There should be no limitations (except the power of your computer :) ), I also use a mask of size 20480x20480.

• Like 3

"defined random values of size" Does this mean you can set a min/max size for objects or a min/max offset? Very interesting program indeed

EDIT and what about spacing?

"defined random values of size" Does this mean you can set a min/max size for objects or a min/max offset? Very interesting program indeed

EDIT and what about spacing?

Min/max size for objects. Same as in TB random size, pitch and direction.

​Spacing can be defined by minimum distance, that can be between other objects in layer.

Have yet to try it out. Been busy with rso stuff and xmas. I am gunna try it on a map i have called imbros. Also the machloop v2.

Hi,
Thanks to Karbiner for help in testing, I had a lot of things to fix. :)
I need at least one more person who wants to test the program, before I publish it.

For now program can generate object placement by 3 layers: Emergent layer; Edge of the forest layer; Undergrowth layer.
Emergent layer: base layer for forest, random placing object is selected color area except (default) 1m from color border.
hikxzhn.jpg

Edge of the forest: random placing object on border of selected color area
PItcal5.jpg

Undergrowth layer: Places objects inside "Emergent layer", where is free space is min. 1m( by default 1m, can be changed in layer size value) between objects of "Emergent layer". 
TimlDve.jpg

Emergent layer
AH5JcCZ.jpg

Emergent layer + Edge of the forest
UoJkTjN.jpg

Emergent layer + Edge of the forest + Undergrowth layer
7Hx818O.jpg
  • Like 5

may i ask, is the spacing considering all layers so objects from the diffrent layers are not placed inside each other

5 hours ago, lappihuan said:

may i ask, is the spacing considering all layers so objects from the diffrent layers are not placed inside each other

Short answer: yes.

I rework some things and I hope soon put on a open test here.