I'm still working on it ever so often, I'm *really* busy at the moment with real life stuff, but I'm hoping maybe by new years I'll have to move the thread... If you catch what I mean. ;) The tank is actually a part of a much larger project which has been in a W.I.P. state for over a year, so I'm dabbling with releasing it all together or the tank as a standalone...

• Like 1

So I'm still very much working on this project... In fact I got so fed up with the Physics and lack of object animations (due to my ineptitude regarding animating models) that I decided to completely start over, the model is now I'd say perhaps 75% done, low poly just needs a new coat of paint and an export or two and I'll pump out some screenshots... Hope all goes well :P 

Oh and in case you're interested I tried my hand at creating a PSQ-20 battery pack/Battery mount and in my opinion it came out pretty decent considering I've only been 3D modeling for about 6 months now and only recently would I proclaim "I know what I'm doing" :P 

• Like 5

This actually excites me greatly. I know there's still work to do, and a central idea of a Ukrainian mod. But the Cold War nerd in me needs to ask. Is there any chance that eventually, going forward, an alternate Soviet skin will be introduced? If not I have more than enough T-55As and T-72 variants to shoot at, I'm just curious. Best of luck! It's always exciting to see new and custom made vehicles being introduced.

5 hours ago, REFORGER88 said:

This actually excites me greatly. I know there's still work to do, and a central idea of a Ukrainian mod. But the Cold War nerd in me needs to ask. Is there any chance that eventually, going forward, an alternate Soviet skin will be introduced? If not I have more than enough T-55As and T-72 variants to shoot at, I'm just curious. Best of luck! It's always exciting to see new and custom made vehicles being introduced.

That's actually something that I plan to expand on further, I've even thought about creating earlier model T-64A, T-64B... Hell even T-64BM if I've got the time and I'm not completely worn out. I got the last version in the game (Albeit witout proper working animations) and the sound of that distinctive T-64 5DTF 5 cylinder engine echoed through the foggy morning field of Orshanets... I just knew I couldn't give up on her lol 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

That's actually something that I plan to expand on further, I've even thought about creating earlier model T-64A, T-64B... Hell even T-64BM if I've got the time and I'm not completely worn out. I got the last version in the game (Albeit witout proper working animations) and the sound of that distinctive T-64 5DTF 5 cylinder engine echoed through the foggy morning field of Orshanets... I just knew I couldn't give up on her lol 

Sounds great! You're doing good work, excellent to hear you're preserving and bringing something new and unique to the game. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Does anybody have experience texturing 3D models? Might as well ask before I take a swing at it in an hour or two... :P

Now needed is a good audio sample for the engines and we're golden. 

20 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

Now needed is a good audio sample for the engines and we're golden. 

find some youtube  videos and rip them. change the EQ very slightly (to avoid copyright issues) make sure you have good headphones too. 

• Like 1

Just now, veles-zv said:

find some youtube  videos and rip them. change the EQ very slightly (to avoid copyright issues) make sure you have good headphones too. 

Yeah I think I've found what I was looking for since posting that, changing the tempo to create a simulation of various RPM's etc., I don't know too much about this subject so I may need to play around with it for a while :P

Just now, wendyvonbraun said:

Yeah I think I've found what I was looking for since posting that, changing the tempo to create a simulation of various RPM's etc., I don't know too much about this subject so I may need to play around with it for a while :P

what are you using audacity? you could try having multiple tracks of the same sound and offset them forward ever so slightly I think that will create a more bassy sound after adjusting the tempo. I dont really know ive never tried to make engine sounds 

6 minutes ago, veles-zv said:

what are you using audacity? you could try having multiple tracks of the same sound and offset them forward ever so slightly I think that will create a more bassy sound after adjusting the tempo. I dont really know ive never tried to make engine sounds 

Neither have I... But there's only one way to learn, this whole experience has been a total crash course for me, I've tested many different things now and I've just now in the last few days got the physX and .rvmats to work properly. 

This is all well and good, but I can't for the life of me figure out sound configs... so the tank is completely silent.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, wendyvonbraun said:
This is all well and good, but I can't for the life of me figure out sound configs... so the tank is completely silent.

Oooo, this is sooo nice...

''tank is completely silent.'' - this is a built-in ukrainian stealth technology: whatever you'll do, it will always be silent!))

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rayko said:

Oooo, this is sooo nice...

''tank is completely silent.'' - this is a built-in ukrainian stealth technology: whatever you'll do, it will always be silent!))

But I've got all of these nice sound files... :P

On 5/11/2017 at 0:52 PM, wendyvonbraun said:

I think the white ERA bricks are  too white and new looking = boring... I would make it have shades of grey... look at how people who make scale models paint their projects.the point of weathering is to add character and too tell a story. here are some examples of scale model weathering adding layers on top of layers to get a realistic effect 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, veles-zv said:

I think the white ERA bricks are  too white and new looking = boring... I would make it have shades of grey... look at how people who make scale models paint their projects.the point of weathering is to add character and too tell a story. here are some examples of scale model weathering adding layers on top of layers to get a realistic effect 

Don't worry, I'm getting around to it, there are still a lot of things I need to fix before I consider it done, the problem is fitting each brick with an individual texture so everything is not repeating, I may just create a new colormap specifically for the ERA. 

• Like 1

HI there =)

Just wanted to drop in - is this still a thing @wendyvonbraun  ?

In sincerely don't mean to be rude - I am simply curious, since I found your description of the journey
you embarked on with this project very sympathetic and confidence inspiring.
And also I very much like the idea of having fully functional T-64 tanks in ArmA ;)

Just on a side note - if this project is still alive - did you ever read this:
http://www.rhsmods.org/w/afrfarmor

Best regards,

~ Alessio

On 2/12/2018 at 8:10 PM, alessiomoreno said:

HI there =)

Just wanted to drop in - is this still a thing @wendyvonbraun  ?

In sincerely don't mean to be rude - I am simply curious, since I found your description of the journey
you embarked on with this project very sympathetic and confidence inspiring.
And also I very much like the idea of having fully functional T-64 tanks in ArmA ;)

Just on a side note - if this project is still alive - did you ever read this:
http://www.rhsmods.org/w/afrfarmor

Best regards,

~ Alessio

Uh well... Sort of? I still work on it occasionally, I've got my latest version in the game, it looks... alright and all but I ran into so many config problems that I abandoned it for a few months. The one in the game now is literally just a BIS T-72 from the open source ArmA 2 files that I sculpted to resemble a T-64BV. My plan is to make a completely new tank 100% done by me. This would give me the motivation to figure out the less interesting aspect of 3d design, such as configs and stuff...

To answer your question - I actually did implement an RHS style armor system successfully by browsing the documentation they provided. Which I find actually very funny because I was able to figure *that* out but I have made a total mockery of the gear ratio system for the tank... it has an all or nothing output. But hey, at least it sounds cool when it approaches.

• Like 5