Hi, my names Wendy, and I'm quite new to 3d modeling. I've been working on this project for about a month now. I've taught myself everything so far through YouTube videos and the BI forums, but there simply isn't enough information on the web for me to wrap my head around what to do next, I've got the complete 3D model of the tank ready to go, but I simply do not have a clue how to do the texture work, PhysX or config work... There's just no information I can find on how to do this type of stuff on a tracked vehicle. So I've reached a brick wall in continuation of my project. So basically what I'm looking for is someone to help me bring the model to life. Help would be hugely appreciated. :)  

n1Qeg

VIAEd

• Like 3

I think first you should do - is to put some textures on it! :lol: This is uv mapping. You can search for the vids in ggl or try this:

for 3dmax

or blender

I see your model is already low poly. Will you make a detailed high poly model? If yes after high poly  you will be able to make a normal mapping.

for blender

for 3ds 

All other stuff about inserting your model in-game you can find here:

• Like 3

I see your model is already low poly. Will you make a detailed high poly model? If yes after high poly  you will be able to make a normal mapping.

for blender

I've actually got a high poly model of the T-64 but it's just too detailed for ArmA to handle unfortunately. I've been following Burnes videos on youtube and it has brought me this far. the greater goal here is to make a Ukrainian Army modification, I just need help doing so. 

the greater goal here is to make a Ukrainian Army modification

I'd suggest reaching out to already established teams: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193883-wip-armed-forces-of-ukraine-chervona-kalyna-studio/

Edit: Disregard, Appears they've stopped working on it. Wouldn't hurt to get in touch with any of the original team members though.

I'd suggest reaching out to already established teams: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193883-wip-armed-forces-of-ukraine-chervona-kalyna-studio/

Edit: Disregard, Appears they've stopped working on it. Wouldn't hurt to get in touch with any of the original team members though.

I actually did message the creator of the thread, they told me that they've already got a model they are working on. So no luck  :unsure:

I've actually got a high poly model of the T-64 but it's just too detailed for ArmA to handle unfortunately. I've been following Burnes videos on youtube and it has brought me this far. the greater goal here is to make a Ukrainian Army modification, I just need help doing so. 

You will need the High Poly model to bake the normal mapping as well as Ambient Occlusion.

My advice, slow your pace down, you're looking to go straight from A-Z without learning all the other important stuff. Rayko nails it, you need to learn to create textures, bad textures can ruin excellent models.

Concentrate on a series of steps, master them to perfection and move to the next one

• Like 2

You will need the High Poly model to bake the normal mapping as well as Ambient Occlusion.

My advice, slow your pace down, you're looking to go straight from A-Z without learning all the other important stuff. Rayko nails it, you need to learn to create textures, bad textures can ruin excellent models.

Concentrate on a series of steps, master them to perfection and move to the next oI'

Heh, I'll try to keep it to a steady jog. You're totally right though, I'm moving too fast. I'll drink some coffee, relax and figure this out.

• Like 2

Heh, I'll try to keep it to a steady jog. You're totally right though, I'm moving too fast. I'll drink some coffee, relax and figure this out.

Set yourself out a little road map, with realistic goals, I've been where you are, wanting to get from A-Z to see my creation working, only to find that, x, y and z doesn't work, a, b and c are missing textures, d,e and f don't turn. That ends up being more frustrating and harder to solve as you're chasing errors, without know a little bit more about the basics. 

1. make the model, high and low poly

2. Make the UV maps

3. bake the textures

4. create the textures in your favourite program, everyone seems to be raving about Substance Painter these days ;)

Apply them, sit back and admire, then look at the basic config.cpp and model.cfg's, as you will need a degree in what the fuck does this all mean, once you open them, that can be daunting too.

baby steps Wendy, copious amounts of coffee, and tonnes of patience

• Like 3

So much hype around Ukraine... whole T-series are Soviet to be honest.

I can't see screenshots btw.

So much hype around Ukraine... whole T-series are Soviet to be honest.

I can't see screenshots btw.

are you for real?

• Like 10

are you for real?

qoute much...

9IAAr.jpg

Every T-Series tank except a few modifications are pure Soviet.

Edit: I mean this can be reskinned,the only 2 tanks used by Ukraine only are T-84 and T-64BM(Not Obr.1983).

Pat Samogon, you're ignorance and lack of knowledge knows no bounds, try staying in your lane, as you're so far out of it with these comments!!

Soviet Union ceased to exist after 1991..so you're trying to say that no other country produced any T-Series ..........ever since the break up ?

The T64 was conceived and built in Kharkov......last time I checked, that was in the Ukraine!!

http://uatoday.tv/society/rebooting-graveyard-tanks-ukraine-rebuilds-soviet-era-tanks-444189.html

they had T72's in their reserve Army.

http://defence-blog.com/army/ukraine-upgrade-tank-t-72-up-to-tanks-pt-91-version.html

• Like 3

I'm predicting a cold war in this thread... :D

Pat Samogon, you're ignorance and lack of knowledge knows no bounds, try staying in your lane, as you're so far out of it with these comments!!

Soviet Union ceased to exist after 1991..so you're trying to say that no other country produced any T-Series ..........ever since the break up ?

The T64 was conceived and built in Kharkov......last time I checked, that was in the Ukraine!!

http://uatoday.tv/society/rebooting-graveyard-tanks-ukraine-rebuilds-soviet-era-tanks-444189.html

they had T72's in their reserve Army.

http://defence-blog.com/army/ukraine-upgrade-tank-t-72-up-to-tanks-pt-91-version.html

I remember T-64 is child of the KhZTM,which located in Kharkov and all documentation remains there.

But they didn't make new T-64 anymore.Just provide modernisation and overhaul.T-64BV obr.1987 - pure Soviet model.

And why I think - T-series remains Soviet... because there is not really something new been created since USSR,only modifications(Like T-90A or T-84) and modification during it's overhaul(Like T72B3 or T-64BM Bulat).

T-90 aka T-72BU - another thing developed in USSR,but produced in Russia.

Ukrainian mod AKA T-84 are deep modification of T-80UD,which is also was Soviet.

Where and what is Soviet? The Soviet Union ended in 1991, so everything manufactured POST 1991 in any of the FORMER parts of the Union, cannot be called Soviet can it?

Please post the geographical location of Soviet as well please, as I can't find anything or its capital since 1991... it doesn't matter what you think Pat, the Soviet Union does not exist anymore. Ukraine existed prior to the Soviet Union, was annexed by the Russian Empire, declared Independence in 1918, then again in 1991.. 

Kharkov has and always will have been in Ukraine, ergo, T64 concept is in essence Ukrainian designed, and built.

• Like 1

Where and what is Soviet? The Soviet Union ended in 1991, so everything manufactured POST 1991 in any of the FORMER parts of the Union, cannot be called Soviet can it?

They wasn't manufactured after 1991.Production of T-64BV was finished after 1987.This is the most advanced Soviet T-64 modification,all rest you can see - overhaul$modernisation of old T-64BV.

You're basically trolling Pat, however what interests me being a former Anti Tank Instructor is the T64 was never exported to any of the former "Soviet Union customers" such as the Middle East, or other former "Warsaw Pact" countries,at the time I served in the 1980's the T64 series was always considered the prime MBT of the "Soviets" at that time, and became the fore runner of the T80 series.

I'm wishing Wendy all the very best in (her) attempts to bring this model into Arma 3, perhaps this is what you should also be doing?

You're basically trolling Pat, however what interests me being a former Anti Tank Instructor is the T64 was never exported to any of the former "Soviet Union customers" such as the Middle East, or other former "Warsaw Pact" countries,at the time I served in the 1980's the T64 series was always considered the prime MBT of the "Soviets" at that time, and became the fore runner of the T80 series.

I'm wishing Wendy all the very best in (her) attempts to bring this model into Arma 3, perhaps this is what you should also be doing?

Basically,it's my favorite Soviet Era Tank.They had a great potential,but almost didn't used.So yeah,good luck with modelling.

But still - BV is pure Soviet tank.

• Like 1

The thread is named "Ukrainian T-64BV" because I intend the model to be skinned in colors of the current "ATO" operation in Eastern Ukraine. I'm completely aware of it's origin, it is one of my favorite tanks. 

I've been working on it all morning, the tank is now textured. 

• Like 8

Good luck on the project, excited to see it in action! I'm always happy to see more T-series tanks, especially different ones than the common T-55 and T-72 series!

4 hours ago, sonukraine said:

Sorry I would like to know how the work on the tank.

Such questions are not allowed on this forum! You'd better run!!!!:shock:

P.S. So when this tank will come out?:dummy:

awesome stuff wendy keep it up! You inspire me to keep working at getting my stuff to look half as good.