Sign in to follow this  
Boss-Starstreams

Memory leak in the latest 1.66 patch

EDIT: Disregard my posts in this topic. This issue was my fault, not the updates.

I had set a permanent swap file in windows too low, I accidentally forgot to add a zero for the Min/Max setting. It was set to 1400MBs. That explains the low memory error. No more errors.  Feel free to delete this entire thread mods. I'll add another post to the end of this.

I'm wondering if anyone else is have low memory errors after the 1.66 update? I've been playing ArmA 3 all year, and I even added another 4GBs of Corsair CAS 4.4.4.12 memory a month ago. No issues with any of my other games. Now all the sudden, after v1.66 every time I play ArmA 3 I get a windows low memory error when I tab out. And if I keep playing the game, my video driver starts to unload itself and the screen (in game) jumps down to software rendering.

Then, as soon as I exit ArmA back to windows, everything goes back to normal. Could there be a memory leak in the new update? Again, no issues with any other game, and I ran a memory test for 5 hours after I added it and it passed.

would someone be kind enough to please explain step by step how to submit error reports to BIS? I've seen the links, but I'm not sure how the error page functions, or how the registration works. Advanced Thanks

-- Computer --

Motherboard: GIGABYTE  Socket 775 - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6)
CPU: intel Duo E8400 2x 3.0Ghz
Memory: 8 GB Corsair XMS cas 4.4.4.12
Aduio: Intel Sound

Video: nVidia-GTX-660
PSU: Antec-750 TruePower

EDIT:

As mentioned in the first post. this issue was my fault.

I had set a permanent swap file in windows too low, I accidentally forgot to add a zero for the Min/Max setting. It was set to 1400MBs. That explains the low memory error. No more errors.  Feel free to delete these entire thread mods.

by the way

@smiter, I'm not sure if they added that FPS fix to the update. In one of the posts at that link the developers said "the test didn't work", but thanked everyone. I think they dropped it.