Sign in to follow this  
Peiper

Shadow lod?

How can I make a shadow for my tank???

with a special LOD or so???

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the View Geometry LOD contend will be used to create a shadow.

PSC

For shadows to be visible, you have to have a LOD level that has less than 300 faces. For all the higher LOD levels that have more than 300 faces add a new property named "LodNoShadow" (without quotes) with value 1. So the engine knows not to use this LOD level for shadowin, but the lower LOD instead.

Please man can you explain better?

What is a propriety for you another lod or a slection?

Please i have this problem.. Lod 1 and 2 do not have shadows.

Ciecato, if you press Alt+P a menu called Named Properties pops out at the bottom of your screen in OË›. If you right-click into this menu, while you are in a high detail LOD, you can select New (Property). There you can enter LodNoShadow and value 1. Do that in all LOD's that have more than 300 faces.

Till later, PSC

What do you do if all L.O.D.s have more than 300 faces?

Thanks

Hmm, almost a month and still no reply. I know the answer will probably be "Delete some stuff" but the faces count is pushing it for 2000 and all the stuff needs to be seen. The only L.O.D. that isn't over 300 is the final L.O.D. (0.9000) which is only 2 faces for the very distanct flat view. So is there a "work-around" for this, or does the therifle have to have atleast 1 L.O.D with less than 300 faces? Thanks in advance.

Umm... So your model doesnt have LOD levels at all?? Or does it? If this "0.9000" LOD has 2 faces, then that has less than 300 faces (2 IS less then 300 tounge.gif) and you can use that for shadowing.

But you model should have more than just one LOD with 2000 polys and a second with 2 polygons....

Jackie, common! You can't tell me that you need all 300 faces for each LOD! biggrin.gif

When something is far away you won't see the details like grips, aimpoints or bipods anyway - you only see the shape! So try to make LODs with simple blocks smile.gif

My weapon has all the lods of the other OFP weapons such as the M16 eg 0.350, 0.700, 1.500, 6.000, 9.000, Memory and View Pilot. The 0.9000 is the most distant L.O.D. and has the least detail and the 2 faces, which consist of the "square" LOD pic which would just make a rectangular shadow which is no good...Anyway, due to reasons beyond my control, Oxygen will finish in 2 days so this is of no use to me now...