Sign in to follow this  
Francois_L

Game Hangs & CTD after 1.66 update

Hi everyone,

Title says it all I'm afraid.  : (

Anyone else having trouble with game being unstable after update to 1.66?  Problems seem random which makes it difficult.

---
a.) Sometimes maps in editor are just a black screen.  50-50 chance: sometimes can exit editor & game; other times it's hung.

b.) hangs in the middle of editing a scenario, or playing it through editor.

c.) also hangs in campaign or subscribed SP mission.

"Hangs" = no mouse, no ability to use keyboard or tab over in Task Manager to force Arma3 to close.    alt+ctrl+del --> blue screen & can get system to shut down or restart but that's all.  : /

=====
1.) Any suggestions to get game stable again?

2.) Can you roll back the update if download was via steam & no actual media? 

"Delete Local Game Content" - have never tried this.  Would just DL version 1.66 again?

=====
Things I've tried.

1.) Verify cache.  (Steam downloaded one file)

2.) Disable mod(s.) Doesn't seem to make any difference.

3.) defrag ---> maybe a bit faster load but makes no diff. 

=======
sys info if helps:

CPU: i7
RAM: 16G
Card: GTX 1070 - (driver is up to date as of posting)
Win-10 (build: 10586.679)

I too am getting the very same issues with a similar rig (just a gtx 980 as the difference)

It seems to be an issue from Battleye as when i get disconnected, freeze etc.... message in game for others to see is battleye not responding or failed to verify 

Been though the same steps but not getting anywhere, Battleye can not be reinstalled alone it seems as i have tried, also followed all the recommendations from their website (including the anti-malware they recommend)

Game will run for about 30mins then do the whole thing again resulting in my system having to be restarted to get round the blue (or rather black) screen

Getting very frustrating, especially after the size of the DL... be nice to see the changes for everything that has been payed for with all the DLC and promises 

Seem to of fixed it.... go to your ARMA 3 files on you HDD, look for the Battleye folder and delete all of it, go back to Steam and verify the game, it'll DL Battleye again and it's worked fine for me since

Francois_L

Anyone else having trouble with game being unstable after update to 1.66?  Problems seem random which makes it difficult.

Yes, I'm getting windows memory errors. Post here

@recymech

Maybe just a bad DL?  Hadn't thought about Battle-eye since usually off-line in SP.  Variation on your suggestion worked though.  Renamed files from December 2nd & that made steam repair itself.  Took a bit of time, but second download working now.  

Thanks for the tip

--François

---

PS:

@Boss-Starstreams

Looks like mine defaults at 2432 MB, but I do a lot of work in Adobe CS-6.   Glad you got it sorted out.