hcpookie

1.66 feedback

Triple-head usage is a bit weird now.  That removal of the perspective settings mentioned in another discussion is a pain for us triple-head users.

Overall performance seems better.

BIG FIX:  The change to the loading of the assets in the 3D editor is a HUGE benefit!  Good job devs!  That "load lag" has been one of the biggest detriments to using the damn 3D editor to date.  That appears to be fixed now... I drag an asset onto the 3D editor, and it INSTANTLY appears... no more 30-60 second pause while it loads.  THANK YOU DEVS   :)

Now how about looking into the multi-threading core management next   :D

• Like 1

Sound improvements are very nice as well. I am really enjoying the new movement sounds. Couldn't hear the vehicle through water sounds that were mentioned though.

• Like 2

I can't notice the diference with the footsteps sounds. I still can't hear anyone close to me at my back.

I can't notice the diference with the footsteps sounds. I still can't hear anyone close to me at my back.

Seriously? They sound fine to me (although I usually play with headphones, probably helps).

With 5.1 surround sound, everything my character does while in first person view sounds like it's emitting 5 meters behind me.

• Like 2

With 5.1 surround sound, everything my character does while in first person view sounds like it's emitting 5 meters behind me.

Same for me.

5.1 in arma is generally a mess.

Shooting in first person results in an almost silent center channel, with left, right and both surround channels being equally loud. In third person it's fine and as one would expect.

Now moving your head while shooting in first person has zero effect on the sound position. If the gun is to your left virtual ear or your right, no matter. All speakers equally loud except the center, which is the most quiet.

When walking it's even worse.

Straight forward walking makes the sound come from behind you.

If you walk left forward the footsteps are coming from the right surround,

when walking right forward the footsteps are coming from the left surround.

Walking backward makes the sound come from your front.

It's a mess.

Makes me doubt my speakers are properly connected, if I wouldn't know better.

Walking noises shouldn't be positional at all.

Firing your gun in first person isn't positional at all.

The audio programmers sure are onto some tough stuff there.

Cheers

• Like 3

It seems all of my controls have been double registered in the settings. They all remained the same, I am having no issues, but it is interesting.

Will this effect anything long term, do I need to erase the double entry?

Reed

i only get this (not using 5.1) when using sped up time. so for me it's a non issue but i thought i'd mention it for who ever might potentially look into it. seems kind of like it's a matter of iterations. maybe it's an expensive operation and it's limited to a lower frequency than the game loop itself?

i remember when they updated the sound engine that ther was a lot of talk about 3d sound sources. who knows. maybe there jsut needs to be some adjustments for 5.1 like moving them outwards or something. i wonder if the config for sounds have options now that would fix it or if it's entirely a low level thing.

• Like 1

I'm having a specific sound issue in Arma that I wasn't having a couple months ago... AI controlled tanks will still have their engine's/sound running even after blowing them up and destroying the tank so it's on fire. The sound will not stop until the tank is deleted from the mission.

Is this a known issue?

• Like 1

On 14.12.2016 at 7:01 PM, bigshot said:

Is this a known issue?

yes

On 14.12.2016 at 6:01 PM, bigshot said:

I'm having a specific sound issue in Arma that I wasn't having a couple months ago... AI controlled tanks will still have their engine's/sound running even after blowing them up and destroying the tank so it's on fire. The sound will not stop until the tank is deleted from the mission.

Is this a known issue?

Can confirm this. After update 1.66 I have this bug, also