masterdebator

I dont like the new control changes, cant use my prim mouse button to select and shoot?

The new changes to keyboard controls suck. I cant use my primary mouse button and the scroll wheel to select from the scroll menu and use that same primary mouse button to shoot when the scroll menu is not selected.

This is both a painful change from how I have always played but also now a super dangerous friendly fire incident waiting to happen.

For god sakes please change it back.

• Like 2

What? You dont like being in a close fire fight, get injured and then suddenly start the "first aid" animation because the * icon popped up? :D

The new changes to keyboard controls suck. I cant use my primary mouse button and the scroll wheel to select from the scroll menu and use that same primary mouse button to shoot when the scroll menu is not selected.

This is both a painful change from how I have always played but also now a super dangerous friendly fire incident waiting to happen.

For god sakes please change it back.

Nothing changed here. Try to load a preset in controls. I use ArmA 3 preset

Nothing changed here. Try to load a preset in controls. I use ArmA 3 preset

No, it has changed. It is documented as having changed and dozens of people have experienced it. It was the reason I left Dev branch several weeks ago hoping it would not make it to the stable release of 1.66..but it did.

• Like 1

Hm, my keys and mouse seem unchanged since switching to 1.66?  I am on the "Arma 3 Apex" preset. I do have to press 1,2,3 to switch between weapons, no scroll wheel for that anymore. But that was changed before 1.66

So..I don`t push Ok button when updating.

Is all this messages meant that If I`m press OK and agree with new controls- I never can`t rebind keys to restore my old style ?!

I cant figure out how to shoot all it will do is bring up the scroll wheel menu when i want to shoot please help me fix this!

Solution: Change the key (Use default action & Use selected action) to SPACEBAR. One of the easiest keys to hit. :thumb:

2 hours ago, kridian said:

Solution: Change the key (Use default action & Use selected action) to SPACEBAR. One of the easiest keys to hit. :thumb:

Oh I really apreciate your suggestion but to me it´s not a solution. Look, actionmenu with spacebar would not change all the custom menubuttons in diffrent missions which need to be clicked with lmb.

Then there are some other controls on the spacebar I dont wanna change. Enhanced movement for example (example)... Also it is hard to teach an old donkey new moves.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Muecke said:

Just my 2 cents...

Never happened to me, no idea what you did there. I use default binding for Arma 3 Apex preset

Same problem (on all my computers) for me since this update ! i fault it was from my computer....

they will fix this or it will stay like this ? becaus i just cant play like this..... shooting from your base its make you move parts etc... !!!

its raly a shame. why always changing our keys ?! its already so many keys to configure all time.

we dont want this last key change !

any solution by editing directly the key file ???

If you have any info please post here.

On 12.1.2017 at 1:45 AM, killzone_kid said:

Never happened to me, no idea what you did there. I use default binding for Arma 3 Apex preset

3 hours ago, fraizer said:

Same problem (on all my computers) for me since this update ! i fault it was from my computer....

they will fix this or it will stay like this ? becaus i just cant play like this..... shooting from your base its make you move parts etc... !!!

its raly a shame. why always changing our keys ?! its already so many keys to configure all time.

we dont want this last key change !

any solution by editing directly the key file ???

If you have any info please post here.

In Keyoptions at "Generally" at "Use default action" the LMB will cause this problem.  If you unbind it you can use the MMB or other key.

This will help a bit but it is not much better cause in custom mission menues you still need to use the LMB for buttons. Also for Error messages or even in all A3 option menues.

This shows that the LMB is usual for clicking buttons and so on. A solution would be to stop or remove the automaticaly popping up symbols.

They only should be shown after scrolling the mousewheel.

Atm I find myself shooting for no reason or almost killing others cause I just want to click menues like inventory of vehicles or open doors.

Not possible to get it out of the head after so many years. It is like switching pedals in your car.

• Like 1

Basically this issue is relevant for people who adopted ArmA 3 in Alpha/Beta where the left click control scheme was in play or older ArmA 2/OA players who are used to this scheme. Its really confusing how and why this became so difficult to remain usable.

is no sence to modify this in this patch...

and its make other problem like on this video...

bistudio will fix this or ?

any things we can do by editing "YourName".Arma3Profile ?

See also the post about "addAction handle". Not sure to make a link with your problem, but it's other consideration than key binding.