zagor64bz

Create task module after 1.66.WTF???

As you can see, the modules layout has changed, and although they added some description on module functions, in the "task type" field you cannot input anything...is it a bug? I used to love those kill/destroy/search 3D icon popping up in mission.

• Like 2

Same issue here. Drop down doesn't work; can't manually enter anything. That sucks. Puts my stuff on hold because I really liked that feature when it was working.

• Like 3

Yap...my wip campaign, which is been already tacking way more time than I originally thought, it's on hold as well...

Grrrrr......I am pretty annoyed also.  It was featured on the spot-rep as a feature that had been improved with more task variety.  Now its not even functioning.  Well, its not functioning as in you cannot use it, however, it still works with older tasks made prior to this update.  You cannot input anything in older versions either but it somehow remembers the old task type and the icon still reflect that.

Let's hope we see a hot fix soon (over the weekend).

All you editors and mission makers please let yourself be know so we can get a fix soon :)

Hi guys,

I just updated our server and now when it launches it states:

Bad version 72 in p3d file á3\data_f\cl_basic.p3d'

How to fix?

I'm sure there's a way to manually do it with some scripting, but it's certainly a lot more convenient via the module for most folks I'd imagine.

• Like 1

yeah there has been the same problem with other modules I have used in the past before.

Same blasted problem!

I suppose we're just looking at more fixes...hopefully we'll see a hotfix soon here yeah? 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I just updated our server and now when it launches it states:

Bad version 72 in p3d file á3\data_f\cl_basic.p3d'

How to fix?

I got the same thing, it stopped for me after replacing the profiling build server exe with the regular arma3server exe

dunno if that actually did anything, but it at least stopped temporarily.

Highly doubt this is an error on your end, its been a problem for everyone since 1.66

I'm hoping for a hotfix. Something similar happened with the drop down menus for triggers an update or two ago and it wasn't fixed until the next update quite some time later. At least that was still semi-functional with the arrow keys, but having selections missing entirely makes me hope a hotfix is coming.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm happy I found this thread. I tried it with addons, without addons (vanilla), with 3DEN enhanced and without. We used to be able to put in a task type manually, but the drop down option (which could have been helpful if it contained the usual choices of task types) offers nothing, so I'm stuck with the default task icon. I liked my nice little icons for attack, defend, destroy, kill, etc... and I even made a local copy on my hard drive for quick reference when making missions.

This releasing patches with changes just for "change's sake" with stuff that doesn't work has to stop. I just returned to editing after taking a break from it (due in large part to frustrations in changes that didn't work or that changed the way I had to do things to make them work). Good people of BI, If you want your mission makers to keep playing with the editor, make sure the changes you make actually work or have a purpose or people like me who just like making fun simple missions will find their fun elsewhere. I hate spending a whole Saturday afternoon tweaking a mission idea just to come to a dead stop due to a "mistake" or whatever you want to call this latest frustration.

I'm going to stop now and go play a quick Dynamic Recon Ops game for fun.

I don't post often on the forums because I usually find the answers I want quickly, but this time I had to mention this ARMA 3 "troubleshooting" error to vent my frustration at an otherwise superb game/simulation. Fix this soon please.

• Like 1

I feel your frustration my friend, but to be honest, it's not that bad as you describe it. Sure, they screw up stuff here and there some time, fixing here and breaking there.... but if you look back on how the editor was at game launch we have to admit there's a HUGE improvement. The "casual" mission maker life is much easier now. Thing that required little to serious scripting are a matters of mouse clicking. So we have to be fair. THEY HAVE to fix stuff that don't work, but lets cut them a slack.

Peace and Love brother! 

• Like 1

I feel your frustration my friend, but to be honest, it's not that bad as you describe it. Sure, they screw up stuff here and there some time, fixing here and breaking there.... but if you look back on how the editor was at game launch we have to admit there's a HUGE improvement. The "casual" mission maker life is much easier now. Thing that required little to serious scripting are a matters of mouse clicking. So we have to be fair. THEY HAVE to fix stuff that don't work, but lets cut them a slack.

Peace and Love brother! 

Yeah, I've been playing since Operation Flashpoint and I don't really plan on stopping playing the ARMA games anytime soon, it's just that once in a while, when we get updates, it's almost as if we have to go to school to "re-learn" how do do things. I love improvements like the 3DEN editor (yeah, took me a month or two to feel comfortable with it, but I like it. and YES, it DOES make it way easier for casual mission editing), but sometimes I feel like some things were just better as they were before. Remember when we could simply put text in a trigger?

Now we have to do this in the trigger's activation field: :huh:

cutText ["insert your text here.","PLAIN",2];        WHY???

Just another example of things I don't understand why it needed to be changed. In the meantime, If someone reading knows the workaround to putting in task type (script, changing the mission.sqm file, anything...), please post it here for my "copy paste" pleasure. :rolleyes:

• Like 2