Sign in to follow this  
daniellarusso

Does anyone know what mod that is. (NVG glowing in the dark)

its the screen that you look at that others can see glowing green its not nessarily glowing in the dark its just the light from the NVG's being seen from someone else

i couldnt tell you which one exactly but i remember this in arma 2 .. so i imagine that if you were to use CUP weapons and units you will see what your looking for

It doesn't glow in the dark :-/

Yes it does-I was using it yesterday. Try it without other mods-things like ACE will stop the effect working.

Yes it does-I was using it yesterday. Try it without other mods-things like ACE will stop the effect working.

I've tried it just with CBA.. hmmm

I've tried it just with CBA.. hmmm

It may have been the game update-it affected RHS too.Their nvg's also glowed, but for some people they stopped doing it recently. There has been some changes to the base game that affected this, but RHS said they will fix it in their upcoming update. I will have a look at my version when I get home and let you know.

• Like 1

Other mods /addons shouldn't really interfere with the rvmats with another addon, which is all that the NVG glow is, what will effect it is if the base game ambient shadow/ lighting changes, and you use it via the "colours" option in your rvmat.

I have the same glow on my own custom nvg, run RHS/ACE/CUP's.....don't seem to be any issues ;)

On 06/12/2016 at 5:24 AM, road runner said:

Other mods /addons shouldn't really interfere with the rvmats with another addon, which is all that the NVG glow is, what will effect it is if the base game ambient shadow/ lighting changes, and you use it via the "colours" option in your rvmat.

I have the same glow on my own custom nvg, run RHS/ACE/CUP's.....don't seem to be any issues ;)

You have your own NVG ? Is it a private mod?

3 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

You have your own NVG ? Is it a private mod?

yes private mod mate

so I still have no clue why my NVG doesn't glow...

Do i have to enable something in my own video settings?

2 hours ago, daniellarusso said:

so I still have no clue why my NVG doesn't glow...

Do i have to enable something in my own video settings?

it's not your end, the nvg model needs to have the required rvmat to show the glow effect.