pawelkpl

wtf u did to controls ? , left mouse button gives weapon change !

Today update f...ed my controls , I can't shoot anymore. Pressing left mouse button gives change weapon action ! In the controls the left mouse button is not registered ! thx for update...

• Like 1

A window popped up for me giving the option of keeping the old controls or updating to the new ones. I said no and everything worked as it should have!

Correction (sort of) I said no to the new controls and kept my old preset :huh:

Who said yes, apart people who are too quick on the trigger and the newbies in Arma?

• Like 4

The problem is for people using the arma 2 controls/preset.

basically we are used to scrolling up or down to bring up the action menu, then left clicking to use the selected option. after this update left clicking also brings up the action menu for some reason.

as far as i could tell there is no way to go back to the old way. all we would need is to separate the 'open action menu' and 'use selected action'.

in other words 'use selected action' should not also open the action menu..... this is the change that is messing peoples controls up..

And no i did not press 'yes' when prompted if i wanted to change my controls..

so atm i have to attempt to get used to using middle mouse button to use selected action which results in me shooting vehicles when i want to get into them etc lol.

• Like 1

So i ran into a similar problem after yesterday update. I have walk/run toggle mapped to space for the longest time. It stopped working yesterday, opening the action menu instead. As i understand it, there are 3 things we need to take into account for correct keybindings atm:

In the controls common section, 'Previous' and 'Next' open the action menu. Since a modded arma 3 relies heavily on this menu to access asset functions loke special vehicle options there really isn't any good alternative to have this mapped as mouse scroll up and down. What was a bit confusing to me (cause i darn well did not read the proper description :P ) were the 'Use default Action' and 'Use selected Action' keybinds. When you hover your mouse over each of these, the former reads 'Execute default or selected contextual action' where as the latter reads 'Open action menu or execute selected contextual menu action'.

In the yesterdays patch notes we read : ''Tweaked: Confirming a selection in the Action Menu can now be done by pressing Space in the Arma 2 key preset''

I used space to execute a selected action (in addition to it changing walk/run toggle) from the action menu which i solely opend via the mouse wheel. I checked my controls and space was mapped to 'Use selected Action' which as pointed out above opens the action menu if not open already. This blocked the change walk/run toggle for me. I unbound space from 'Use selected Action' and bound it to 'Use default Action' which lets me use space as execute in the action menu wihtout opening it by itself.

Maybe your control issues are related to these 3 ways of handling the action menu as well.

So i ran into a similar problem after yesterday update. I have walk/run toggle mapped to space for the longest time. It stopped working yesterday, opening the action menu instead. As i understand it, there are 3 things we need to take into account for correct keybindings atm:

In the controls common section, 'Previous' and 'Next' open the action menu. Since a modded arma 3 relies heavily on this menu to access asset functions loke special vehicle options there really isn't any good alternative to have this mapped as mouse scroll up and down. What was a bit confusing to me (cause i darn well did not read the proper description :P ) were the 'Use default Action' and 'Use selected Action' keybinds. When you hover your mouse over each of these, the former reads 'Execute default or selected contextual action' where as the latter reads 'Open action menu or execute selected contextual menu action'.

In the yesterdays patch notes we read : ''Tweaked: Confirming a selection in the Action Menu can now be done by pressing Space in the Arma 2 key preset''

I used space to execute a selected action (in addition to it changing walk/run toggle) from the action menu which i solely opend via the mouse wheel. I checked my controls and space was mapped to 'Use selected Action' which as pointed out above opens the action menu if not open already. This blocked the change walk/run toggle for me. I unbound space from 'Use selected Action' and bound it to 'Use default Action' which lets me use space as execute in the action menu wihtout opening it by itself.

Maybe your control issues are related to these 3 ways of handling the action menu as well.

I also tried something similar, but the problem i found is lets say you are injured and you have medkits, the heal yourself option pops up and the 'use default action' will make you start healing yourself.

so for me when playing some KOTH i was shooting a guy, he hit me a couple of times so my left click changed from shooting to healing myself mid gun fight. so this is still not quite how it was before the update..

I'm really confused on all this. The patch notes said one control changed (confirming a selection in the action menu).

I'm reading a lot of threads on this (I refuse to update Arma until I have a grasp on the new keybinds), with people talking about left mouse button changing, zoom/ADS changing and hold breath changing.

Can anyone tell me exactly what changed in the update? I'm planning on telling it to keep my current binds but apparently it still changes stuff and I have no idea what to expect.

• Like 1

This is strange. I for myself haven't experienced any issues with the key bindings after the update.

I am using Win10 and all launcher settings (profile path etc.) are default (excluding "-nosplash" and "-skipintro").

• Like 1

in other words 'use selected action' should not also open the action menu..... this is the change that is messing peoples controls up..

THIS , Im having the same problem, for years we have been able to have fire and use selected action on the primary mouse.

Even though it says "Use selected action" and the action menu is not visible 'Use selected action' will bring up the action menu.

Needs changing back. Im not going to find yet another button just for my Use selected action when its easy, convenient and been possible for years to have it on Pri mouse along with fire.

• Like 1

The "bad" thing, and BI ought to highlight that in the pop- up, is that you loose the possibility to shift between your weapons with a simple mouse scroll. You need to use keys 1, 2 ,3.

The "bad" thing, and BI ought to highlight that in the pop- up, is that you loose the possibility to shift between your weapons with a simple mouse scroll. You need to use keys 1, 2 ,3.

That was changed 7 months ago. Just remove those keybinds and you get the old simple scroll menu back.

• Like 3

I said NO on that popup, most of my controls remained the same, but my 360 controller was partially remapped by the game. Left turn became right, and right became left (why?), and the throttle changed to something else. Simple to fix, but I have to do this on every single update that comes down, always a few random mappings are changed.

Also some time back when mapping controller actions, the game would only read when you were actively toggling or moving a controller, but for the past year or so it actively reads certain controls. For example I have Saitek rudder pedals and in the neutral position the game reads that as active Stick Y- Axis. The problem is that I cannot map anything without it adding the Saitek to the key combination. The only solution is to disable the Saitek (or Thrustmaster, etc) from the controls entirely, map what I need, then go back and enable them. In the old way, you wouldn't have to disable the controls, the pedals weren't read unless you moved them back and forth. What happened to that?! That's how other games like DCS World function.

• Like 1

Hi,

Me too I have a problem with this update, of course i have say NO to the change of key binding, but it's seems that he don't give a fuck.

My problem in few words : 

My zoom in and out is supposed to be on the scroll wheel, before the update, when I scroll UP, it's zoom in on sight and scope, and when I scroll down, it zoom out. That was simple.

Since the last update, when I scroll up or down without aiming with the scope or sight, it change my FOV, and in this game, I use always the scroll for interact with items / door.

To be clear, before update it was possible to key bind the change of FOV AND the Zoom on sight / scope. After the update, the key bind for FOV and Zoom on scope is on the same fucking bind. 

If someone have an idea to fix it, i'll be happy :p!

• Like 1

Okay I'm glad to know that I'm not going crazy over here. Is there some sort of fix? I mean come on, why is my mouse button 1 "normally fire weapon" set to bring up a menu? How the hell did that happen? I said no to the prompt when I first started.

So as much as I dont want to, I just reset all my controls.....

• Like 1

I cant freelook when i fast run, W+Alt freelook works fine but if i W+SHIFT+ALT i Stop on the spot ?

• Like 1

The problem is for people using the arma 2 controls/preset.

basically we are used to scrolling up or down to bring up the action menu, then left clicking to use the selected option. after this update left clicking also brings up the action menu for some reason.

as far as i could tell there is no way to go back to the old way. all we would need is to separate the 'open action menu' and 'use selected action'.

And no i did not press 'yes' when prompted if i wanted to change my controls..

so atm i have to attempt to get used to using middle mouse button to use selected action which results in me shooting vehicles when i want to get into them etc lol.

Yeah, same problem here. I'm also using the A2 preset and I certainly hit "no" when asked after updating, but I can't use LMB anymore to fire my weapon. WTF?

• Like 1

Yeah, same problem here. I'm also using the A2 preset and I certainly hit "no" when asked after updating, but I can't use LMB anymore to fire my weapon. WTF?

Yeah I had this problem, couldn't figure out what was causing it. So I reset my controls.

Who said yes, apart people who are too quick on the trigger and the newbies in Arma?

Well why would someone make an update that disables left click from shooting? Like wheres the logic in that

• Like 1

Well.. to me Arma is unplayable now. I play with an Xbox Controller. Pressing two buttons messes everything up.

Example A:

Left Trigger is Zoom and right Trigger is Fire. Zooming and Firing is not possible anymore. On each shot, the Zoom is gone.

Example B:

I've mapped the x,y,a,b buttons twice.

1: single press for an action (y = throw grenade)

2: while holding LB and pressing a button I was able to navigate the action menu  (LB + y = Previous)

In summary.. I can map more than one button to something, but ingame it is not working anymore. The game chooses one of the single button commands.

Please be kind, even if I am a controller gamer ;) In addition with the chatpad for the xbox controller, it's awesome. But now I have to say: It was :(

• Like 1

Okay I'm glad to know that I'm not going crazy over here..

No you're not, just look at all the other threads by people who are having all sorts of problems with the new 1.66 update, one guy says Arma 3 is unplayable now and i'm inclined to agree!

• Like 1

Well.. to me Arma is unplayable now. I play with an Xbox Controller. Pressing two buttons messes everything up.

Example A:

Left Trigger is Zoom and right Trigger is Fire. Zooming and Firing is not possible anymore. On each shot, the Zoom is gone.

Example B:

I've mapped the x,y,a,b buttons twice.

1: single press for an action (y = throw grenade)

2: while holding LB and pressing a button I was able to navigate the action menu  (LB + y = Previous)

In summary.. I can map more than one button to something, but ingame it is not working anymore. The game chooses one of the single button commands.

Please be kind, even if I am a controller gamer ;) In addition with the chatpad for the xbox controller, it's awesome. But now I have to say: It was :(

I advise you to try out xpadder-I play with a controller for everything and xpadder is perfect-you can have several different control setups, and switch between them at will :)

Same issue here.

Using  'use selected action' opens the action menu, it should only do something when I have the action menu open (e.g by scrolling)

This will lead to much unintended actions, when scrolling or if you use your scroll left / right buttons.

Also now they force people to rebind multiple controls after using them for years.

since I had 'use selected action' on left mouse button, I can no longer shoot because its opens the action menu

rebinding it to e.g middle mouse button, is a pain because if use this for prone.

Now I need to find some free button somewhere which I can use in all situations

I hope they re-add the old key binding again, working as you said up here ....''Using  'use selected action' opens the action menu, it should only do something when I have the action menu open (e.g by scrolling)''.

Bi doesn't have to change it back, simply add a third option that works as the old one did.

Since 1.66 the Titan AT and AA shoulder-launcher WFOV and NFOV zoom in/out keys only work intermittently, so now if you spot a distant white blob on thermal WFOV there's no guarantee that you'll be able to zoom into NFOV to identify what he is.

Also the AA lockon diamond no longer has a big X in it to warn you if you've locked up a friendly helo or plane.

Another thing I've noticed is that the infantry weight-carrying maths have been messed about with, for example I used to be able to run with my favourite load but now I can only walk unless I dump something to lighten up.

And like other people have mentioned, some key bindings have been changed or no longer work.

Ironically there was nothing wrong before 1.66, so why did BI decide to fix something that wasn't broken and messed everything up? 

• Like 1

i am in the same problem and i stop just playing...

we can edit the key file to fix this ??

probably is easy to do ?