Sign in to follow this  
Kacy

Rotor axis help?

Heya Peeps,

So far i've gotten my MH6 Lil' bird in game and flying but i am still having one major problem which i don't quite know how to solve. The main and tail rotor spin on axis's that are not in their center, so they are spinning all over the place. They are not just off center and spinning... but the rotors themselves are spinning in a O pattern, along with the tail rotor. Does anyone have any suggestions or idea's as to what i am doing wrong? Such as tag names or something? I have a picture if it helps describe the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Much,

Kace

Picture is at;

www.geocities.com/aftershockdesigns/Beta1.jpg

the pic doesn't work? wink.gif

Oops... try it now, i updated the link. Silly me, i forgot it was case sensitive : p

Kace

Just an idea, but maybe you need to manually center the pin of the osa_hlavne (rotor axis) vertex in the memory LOD, or, even more probably, the pins of the rotor selections in the geometry LOD's with the "Move Pin" (R Key) tool. I've added two pictures to explain what I'm talking of:

Not centered pin:

pin_not_centered.jpg

Centered pin:

pin_centered.jpg

Till later, PSC

*edit*

Don't get me wrong! The pin does not have to be exactly on a vertex to be centered. In the case of the rotating-rotor selections (vrtulesomething) in the resolution LOD's, which is probably a plane with a transparent texture, the center is not a vertex. Just make sure that it is in the center of the plane (from top view) then.

Gah! I am such a moron. After i posted i found out about the vertex pins in the Memory LOD as PSC said. However i was having trouble with the forums and was not able to post. Now it works just fine. The chopper is pretty much finished saved for texturing and some low detail LODs. I'll prolly post it up here for all of us 'breathers' to play around with sometime in the near future. I'll post some screenshots if you guys are interested. Thanks for all of your help in this problem  biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Kace

--edit--

ScreenShots are listed here;

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=12965