16 minutes ago, semiconductor said:

I believe that this part should go like this "bam, start making unbalanced, unrealistic, uninspiring missions on bland, generic and boring featureless terrain brought together by an mindless algorithm".

While I'm really exited about the TitanIM and your idea sounds great too, we've got to face the hard truth: the absolute majority of custom made missions for Arma have unplayable low quality any auto generated entity tends to be shit, SHIIIT. I'm willing to bet my digital watch that in comparison with the Outerra (or VBS for that matter), the Fallujah* map will be an apotheosis of creativity, complexity and ingenuity. Just look at the Elite: Dangerous - yeah, the entire, full-scale galaxy sounds exiting until you buy a game, hop in your ship and realize that you're stuck in the gameplay-less game with a unreasonably vast completely dead map divided into indistinguishable sectors.

* that is not to say that Fallujah is a bad map or something, it's quite authentic but lack of details inevitable in a game world makes it somewhat repetitive.

I tottaly agree with you,but looking from my point of view,with the community i am playing we dont have that kind of issues with mission making. We have so manny talented mission makers i played couple of missions on workshop. True a lot of them is not made very well but still some of them are amazing and i love them. 

15 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Everyone is allowed their own opinion and tastes. Looked at both of these (just downloaded Outerra actually) and have to say I'll stick with the engine Arma 3 uses.

Both of these bring something new to the table, however they sacrifice some of the features I personally enjoy in Arma 3. The same can be said for the wishlists and arma 4 speculations found in numerous threads around this forum.

I'm enjoying the game in the here and now and feel BI have earned enough of my confidence to find their way to the next generation :)

just googled download and i am on it also :)
EDIT:
 me personaly after visual update,64bit and some features that we are waiting for a long time after all that being added i am also confident that BI got this.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DJankovic said:

So everybody heard about TitanIM and Outerra   http://www.outerra.com/  http://titanim.net/www/

But my question is  what are possibilities of Arma 4 with Outerra to be used as a map??

I know Bohemia is using their own engine etc. But what are possibilities of BI devs to use outerra tech it in their game?
Outerra has some pretty interesting tech from witch Arma would probably benefit.  I know i am shooting in blind here but this is just question/discusion because we have so manny talented moders around. And a lot of fans of the games who would probably love to see something like this :D (including me) :D
Imagine a ARMA game where you dont need to worry about will you play on altis or stratis or older arma maps. But you just put your finger on Globe and bam, start makeing missions :D

hmmm honestly for terrain the only thing I want is 100 x 100 km maps (maybe 200x200) instead of a globe because even in arma 3 40 x 40 maps it takes about 10 min to reach a target on the other side with a bomber traveling at 500 to 600 km/h. 

2nd possibility, to have caves, under ground structure, tunnels ect.

3rd is to have Rivers and lakes, the rivers should be just like VBS or L4d2 stream level where the water looks like its moving and it flows around rocks. plus the rivers and lakes are not tied with the sea level height meaning that you could make a dam or a mountain lake. 

I think that is something that we really need and what arma would benefit from. another plus would be to have limited terrain destruction. 

7 minutes ago, veles-zv said:

hmmm honestly for terrain the only thing I want is 100 x 100 km maps (maybe 200x200) instead of a globe because even in arma 3 40 x 40 maps it takes about 10 min to reach a target on the other side with a bomber traveling at 500 to 600 km/h. 

2nd possibility, to have caves, under ground structure, tunnels ect.

3rd is to have Rivers and lakes, the rivers should be just like VBS or L4d2 stream level where the water looks like its moving and it flows around rocks. plus the rivers and lakes are not tied with the sea level height meaning that you could make a dam or a mountain lake. 

I think that is something that we really need and what arma would benefit from. another plus would be to have limited terrain destruction. 

And on that maybe  terrain deformation?

EDIT: Just read that you mentioned it

I'm really liking the terrain deformation .... sooo good!  However that said, I doubt that we'd ever be able to see Arma handle anything like this (going for reverse psychology on devs here!)

is there really a need for the Nth A4 thread, that obviously turned into yet another a utopia wetdream wishlist?

btw, why the certainty that there will be A4 to begin with?

• Like 3

Arma 3.5 : Blue DLC.... includes Earth terrain and gear/weapons/vehicles for all of the planets military's :smileee:. No but seriously, it will be interesting to see what comes in the next installment of the series. Hard to speculate though.

3 hours ago, PuFu said:

is there really a need for the Nth A4 thread, that obviously turned into yet another a utopia wetdream wishlist?

btw, why the certainty that there will be A4 to begin with?

and who is to say there wont be a A4... I doubt that BIS will not make another Arma game, after all its their main game and its what BIS is known for. also they have the enfusion engine which they said will be uses in every future installment. 

3 minutes ago, veles-zv said:

and who is to say there wont be a A4... I doubt that BIS will not make another Arma game, after all its their main game and its what BIS is known for. also they have the enfusion engine which they said will be uses in every future installment. 

where did i say that there won't be A4? but i am anything but 100% certain, and neither should you.

also, enfusion will most likely be used in next installments indeed (hence why this topic is soooo utopia), but surely not in every future product they'll release (case of point - whatever project argo will turn into will remain on rv engine)

Although this type of question has been discussed numerous times in this forum, you have to keep one thing in mind. BI is de facto the leading expert on this planet when it comes to simulation enormous worlds while still maintaining the individual-level of detail we currently see in ArmA. There is no magic wand that can be waved and suddenly the benefits from other engines are magically transformed into ArmA's engine. I think the current level of ArmA's engine is the close to the maximum whats possible. 

Ah, and that terrain deformation video looks to me just like Explosion --> replace with pre-build crater object. So this isn't even at the level of, lets say Red Faction 1.

So where is this amazing "game" that people kept hyping for 8 years as the competitor to Arma? My quick internet research shows that the company ended in 2020, shortly after David Lagettie bought Microprose brand. As for Microprose so far they have been releasing just budget games from small indie studios. No original content. And there's no evidence they would be using Outerra/TitanIM engine for any new project.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:44 PM, uajii said:

So where is this amazing "game" that people kept hyping for 8 years as the competitor to Arma? My quick internet research shows that the company ended in 2020, shortly after David Lagettie bought Microprose brand. As for Microprose so far they have been releasing just budget games from small indie studios. No original content. And there's no evidence they would be using Outerra/TitanIM engine for any new project.

Download Outerra, it's good, not a game though. It won't ever come this new mil-sim game. BI are moving away from mil-sim, just isn't money in it.