Well, looks like BI(Sim) is getting some proper competition from their Slovak neighbours...  :)

I've been following the Outerra Engine since it's reveal and I must say it's very well suited for "serious" sims, but like others have mentioned, there will probably not be much "game" here - it will likely be pretty barebones and it will be up to the users to create scenarios and content for it. This certainly isn't going after the "AAA mainstream gaming" audience.

• Like 1

Haha what? No zombies.. and FEMALES running around!? What kinda military simulator is this! Probably no Life mode either- losers.

Well never say never

Go to 5:27 :P

• Like 2

Glad to see Outerra finally being put to use!

I'm going to play the living shit out of this simulator -- and mod it.

That is, if we can buy it.

• Like 3

On the availability page on their site it does say :
The standard desktop version of TitanIM will be widely available in 2016.

• Like 2

If this is in any way designed as a consumer product, then Enfusion/Arma 4 will need to be a damn good step up to compete.

• Like 2

Dont see it in their trailer but apparently this is their animation system

My body (and credit cards) are ready..

Edit: Right now they look like they're running with load in their diapers :P

• Like 1

Dont see it in their trailer but apparently this is their animation system

My body (and credit cards) are ready..

Edit: Right now they look like they're running with load in their diapers :P

That's odd. From their videos their animations look even clunkier than Arma's :)

• Like 1

Yeah they're actually atrocious hence me edit :D

Kinda thought maybe those were older placeholder animations cause there is just no way THATS Morpheme! Really been wanting those jeering crowd animations tho even if they fugly. Pissed off/panic civilian crowds just adds a whole nother element of tactical decisioning thats needed imo

• Like 3

I'm hoping this might give BIS a bit of a kick in the bum with regards getting stuff in order when enfusion comes out.

Don't know what it's like to mod though. Are the object types (collada and fbx) generally easier to work with does anybody know? As in to get them game ready?

Would also be nice to see what the water simulation is like for bigger ships and how stuff interacts with it physics wise.

• Like 2

Don't know what it's like to mod though. Are the object types (collada and fbx) generally easier to work with does anybody know? As in to get them game ready?

Would also be nice to see what the water simulation is like for bigger ships and how stuff interacts with it physics wise.

mods p3d these days are made in other software and exported as .FBX btw...

i really don't get the question though...

• Like 1

Squirrels and ships. What more can I ask for?

Well, its seems mandatory now. Arma 4 NEEDS planetwide maps

You do realise a good PC/Server would be needed for that sort of setup. Smaller maps are better for certain scenarios :)

• Like 1

If they can really pull this off with 60 FPS and no lag with many >300 active AI, then I will be impressed:

077ab55046ce80eaf9a3ddea999597ca_M.jpg

• Like 1

Those buildings are stupidly low poly. Nothing impressive about that.

Well, its seems mandatory now. Arma 4 NEEDS planetwide maps

To be honest, I can't see full planetary simulation really adding much substance to the game. RV Is already capable of handling maps in excess of several thousand km^2.

What Arma 4 really needs is simply to enhance the capabilities of the series; making use of modern tech for full hardware usage, leading to better physics, handling mass numbers of AI and players, allowing for deformable terrain and ground cutting etc.

Another area that can see improvement is the detail of the game's simulation. For instance, if the ACE devs are capable of creating a ballistics system as detailed as they have as a purely script-based system, there's nothing stopping BI doing it even better at the engine level.

Such a thing could also be enabled and disabled, like RotorLib, to allow the game to remain accessible to more casual players.

That's what Arma needs; all the terrain in the world won't save it if the game itself is limited.

• Like 1

ewww billboard trees. Horrible looking.
Great if your in a plane, helicopter. Horrible looking elsewhere

• Like 1

Those buildings are stupidly low poly. Nothing impressive about that.

I was making a lot of assumptions with that city screenshot based on ARMA 3 and the Manhattan New York map as a reference:

• It is to scale or game scale
  • You can go into the buildings
  • Buildings have open floors per level
  • Buildings can be destroyed
  • City is interactive

I have a hard time playing on the Manhattan map in ARMA 3 already (Ultra settings) so seeing that MANY tall buildings in a dense city got me excited.

I wish someone would put together a "Capitols" mappack of large cities like NYC, L.A., Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris, London and etc... relatively game scaled and be able travel back forth between them in ARMA and interact in those cities. Basically a scaled up GTA with more military behind it. 

That would impress the hell out of me.

Well the tech looks initially promising, but as has already been mentioned - billboard 2D trees. What are you going to do as a soldier, hide behind a billboard tree? It's all well & good to have a worldwide map, but if it's procedurally populated it won't have the lived-in look that ArmA maps have, or the authentic details that indicate man-made towns.

This product seems to be aimed at military training, not gameplay. If you think gameplay springs out of scale then you'll be disappointed :)

• Like 3

I guess it was only a matter of time before BI's unchallenged monopoly of the military sandbox scene came to an end, I wonder how such competition might change their approach?

One thing to add though, BISim have already done this with VBS Blue, which (although I might be wrong) runs on their branch of RV. Maybe this could come to Arma/Enfusion someday?

Did some research.

There's a mod which adds a planet Earth map for Arma 3.

Its called the "Cosmos Engine", but it's somewhat limited in MP, and you cant land everywhere.

I think I tried to play it once, but it was broken at the time. It could be working now.

Try Cosmos engine here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27261

Fingers crossed BI can figure out Enfusion planets.

Planets look really attractive right now, and TitanIM has it!