Vectif

Need to make a small explosion on trigger

so I currently scripted out a situation where you try to release a civilian that's charged with explosives, thing is, the explosion is too big. It will destroy everything on a very big radius, I'm currently running ACE3 and also the bomb classname is "M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG", other bombs I've tried are "R_80mm_HE" and "Bo_GBU12_LGB" but they were still too big.
I'm looking for something with a small radius that will kill the person next to it or about a radius of 5m-10m or anything around that if possible.

Does anyone know? The bomb explosion class name or just the explosion itself?
It would help a lot!! Thanks beforehand and wish you all best of luck!

Edit: A good bomb is "M_PG_AT", but it is still sort of big!

How about a grenade explosion?

You can try spawning a grenade, making it invisible, then positioning the grenade on to the unit, then setting its damage to 1 (which I think would cause it to explode -- maybe).

On 11/28/2016 at 11:35 PM, zooloo75 said:

You can try spawning a grenade, making it invisible, then positioning the grenade on to the unit, then setting its damage to 1 (which I think would cause it to explode -- maybe).

How would I do that? I'm not quite sure.

I currently have this on the trigger: "bomb="BOMBCLASSNAME" createVehicle (getPos IED); deletevehicle IED;

IED being the Civilian.

Also for some reason, if I set this situation inside of a building such as the hospital, nobody will take damage. If it's outdoors, everyone near will die. Any ideas?

Edit: Seem to be that the bomb spawns at ground level only, so the hospital level overrides it, and if I put it on the top floor the bomb will still be on the ground level. I need to fix this aswell! Don't quite know how to code it.

Setting damage to a grenade won't make it explode, unfortunately. Seems there's currently no way to manually spawn an explosion caused by RGO grenades.

How would I do that? I'm not quite sure.

I currently have this on the trigger: "bomb="BOMBCLASSNAME" createVehicle (getPos IED); deletevehicle IED;

IED being the Civilian.

Also for some reason, if I set this situation inside of a building such as the hospital, nobody will take damage. If it's outdoors, everyone near will die. Any ideas?

Edit: Seem to be that the bomb spawns at ground level only, so the hospital level overrides it, and if I put it on the top floor the bomb will still be on the ground level. I need to fix this aswell! Don't quite know how to code it.

-Rhaonoa

Be aware that those AT bombs usually have a very small killzone, since their purpose is to penetrate tank armor and explode inside the tank.

You could use one of these:

_explos = ["Bo_Mk82","Bo_Mk82_MI08","R_TBG32V_F","M_Titan_AP","Bomb_04_F","Rocket_04_HE_F","Rocket_04_AP_F","Bomb_03_F","Rocket_03_HE_F","Rocket_03_AP_F"];

and have anyone within a desired range killed with setDamage 1;

Cheers

I still have the same issue that the bomb spawns at ground level, so it won't work inside of buildings or above roofs. Only on clean terrain, and this is not what I'm looking for.
Thanks for the help though!! Any suggestions?

Well, to what I remember. There are empty assets that are basically the explosion after impact?

Can always make your own particle effect.

player addAction [ "Gren", {

playSound3D [ "A3\Sounds_F\arsenal\explosives\grenades\Explosion_HE_grenade_01.wss", player, true, ( player getPos [ 15, getDir player ] ) vectorAdd [ 0, 0, 5 ], 5, 1, 0 ];

_emitters = [];

_source1 = createVehicle [ "#particlesource", ( player getPos [ 15, getDir player ] ) vectorAdd [ 0, 0, 5 ], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE" ];
	_source1 setParticleClass "GrenadeExp";
	_source1 setParticleParams [
		[
			"\A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal",
		],
		"",
		"Billboard",
		[ 0,0,0 ],
		[ 0,1,0 ],
		[ 0.0125 * 0.3 + 4, 0.0125 * 0.3 + 1 ],
		[ [1,1,1,-6],[1,1,1,0] ],
		[ 1 ],
		"",
		"",
		_this,
		false,
		[ [ 30,30,30,0 ],[ 0,0,0,0 ] ]
	];
	_source1 setParticleRandom [
		[ 0.4,0.1,0.4 ],
		[ 0.2,0.5,0.2 ],
		[ 0,0,0,0 ],
	];
	_source1 setParticleCircle [
		[ 0,0,0 ]
	];
	_source1 setParticleFire [1,15,0.1];
	_emitters pushBack [ _source1, 0.3 ];

_source2 = createVehicle [ "#particlesource", ( player getPos [ 15, getDir player ] ) vectorAdd [ 0, 0, 5 ], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE" ];
	_source2 setParticleClass "GrenadeSmoke1";
	_source2 setParticleParams [
		[
			"\A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal",
		],
		"",
		"Billboard",
		[ 0,0,0 ],
		[ 0,1.5,0 ],
		[ 0.013 * 8 + 3, 0.0125 * 8 + 6, 0.013 * 8 + 8, 0.013 * 8 + 10 ],
		[ [0.7,0.7,0.7,0.36],[0.8,0.8,0.8,0.24],[0.85,0.85,0.85,0.14],[0.9,0.9,0.9,0.08],[0.9,0.9,0.9,0.04],[1,1,1,0.01] ],
		[ 1000 ],
		"",
		"",
		_this,
		false,
		[ [ 30,30,30,0 ],[ 0,0,0,0 ] ]
	];
	_source2 setParticleRandom [
		[ 0.8,0.2,0.8 ],
		[ 2.5,3.5,2.5 ],
		[ 0,0,0,0 ],
	];
	_source2 setParticleCircle [
		[ 0,0,0 ]
	];
	_source2 setDropInterval ( 0.08 );
	_emitters pushBack [ _source2, 5 ];

_light = createVehicle [ "#lightPoint", ( player getPos [ 15, getDir player ] ) vectorAdd [ 0, 0, 5 ], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE" ];
	_light setLightAmbient [ 0,0,0 ];
	_light setLightBrightness 10;
	_light setLightColor [ 1,0.6,0.4 ];
	_light setLightIntensity 10000;
	_light setLightAttenuation [
	];
	_emitters pushBack [ _light, 0.3 ];

_time = diag_tickTime;
	while{ count _emitters > 0 } do {
		{
			_x params[ "_source", "_length" ];
			if ( diag_tickTime > _time + _length ) then {
				deleteVehicle _source;
				_emitters set[ _forEachIndex, objNull ];
			};
		}forEach _emitters;
		_emitters = _emitters - [ objNull ];
	};
}];
Admittedly I have not spent very long on this and can be made to look a lot better.

Ive just ripped some general values from a couple of the effects in the CE( Complex Effect ) for 'GrenadeExplosion', being the PE( Particle Effects ) 'GrenadeExp1', 'GrenadeSmoke1' and 'Light1'.

setParticleFire is what gives you the damage.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The trip mine can be exploded at any height.  To test this, run a mission from the editor, and place this code in the execute box, and click execute local, then continue.  The bomb explodes 25 meters in front of player, 10 meters above ground.

bomb = "APERSTripMine_Wire_Ammo" createVehicle (player modelToWorld [0,25,10]);  
bomb setdamage 1;
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Admittedly I have not spent very long on this and can be made to look a lot better.

Absolutely beautiful

• Like 1

Ive just ripped some general values from a couple of the effects in the CE( Complex Effect ) for 'GrenadeExplosion', being the PE( Particle Effects ) 'GrenadeExp1', 'GrenadeSmoke1' and 'Light1'.

setParticleFire is what gives you the damage.

Ok, Oss made me actually look at it...and it was beautiful!

Ok, Oss made me actually look at it...and it was beautiful!

But what did you think of the particle effect :P

Get a room the pair of you. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But what did you think of the particle effect :P

Get a room the pair of you. :D

Feels like spring already.

:yay:

For the bomb at ground try this:

_bomb = "Rocket_04_HE_F";
_civ = IED;
_boom = _bomb createVehicle [0,0,5000];
_boom setPosASL eyePos _civ;
deletevehicle _civ;

Spawning the bomb off screen and setting its position pretty much between the civs eyes should kill anyone in the room.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Feels like spring already.

:yay:

Gawddammit GOM and Larrow.  My relationship with Oss is purely professional!!!  :rage:

• Like 1

Professional eh :torture: hope it didnt set you back to much Oss

• Like 2

On 11/30/2016 at 3:18 PM, Larrow said:

Can always make your own particle effect.

@Larrow I'm trying to re-use that particle effect you posted above, but I want no damage to be caused at position of effect.  It causes grenade damage.  I tried substituting in various fire effects in the setParticleClass section, but they caused fire damage.  Do you know how I can get the same visual effect without damage?

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

@Larrow I'm trying to re-use that particle effect you posted above, but I want no damage to be caused at position of effect.

Just remove the setParticleFire line.

On 11/30/2016 at 11:18 PM, Larrow said:

_source1 setParticleFire [1,15,0.1];

• Thanks 2

Many years later and everytime I forget how to do it I still keep googling this same thing and I end up always finding the solution on the very own post I made myself 4 years ago, lol. Always find out how to do it from here! Thanks everyone for all the replies. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3