Sign in to follow this  
VipHeart

Hw t&l merged textures are 1024x1024 resolution!

I know nearly everyone knows that the "merged" textures have a resolution of 1024x1024 pixels. I looked into the T&L soldier models and they really use those textures.

SO the engine must support texture resolution above 1024x1024 - but why does the engine doesn't display my highres textures this way? biggrin.gif

Anyone an idea?? AND because highres textures are supposed to be completly supported by OFP:R - will Resistance use the same model and texture format?

Because then I could start working on my new soldier models for our mod using highres textures instead of several 256x256 textures... biggrin.gif

You can use textures of any size, but you have to edit the max texture sizes from flashpoint.cfg manually, or else it will be resized to 256x256 (or whatever the max is in the cfg fot that texture type).

For example, this screenie here has a 4096x4096 texture: http://phobos.linux-site.net:10080/detailground4.jpg

Eats a whooping 50MB of texture memory though wink.gif

But I dont know what you mean by "merged" textures... What textures are that size? what .paa/.pac files?

I also wander how the game decides weather to use those T&L models (and their high-resolution textures) - they can be found under ..\OperationFlashpoint\DTA\HWTL\ - I didnt noticed anything under .CPP that points to special models, when HWT&L enabled!

BTW: Kege, the pic wont show, broken link...

FlipeR