dankurt

Launcher not opening the game.

I am unable to play the game using the game launcher.

The launcher starts up, checks the mods and then once you press play, you are taken back to the Steam library.

I have tried launching the game directly from the root folder Arma application and that works fine, but obviously without the mods.

I have also tried deleting the Arma ap, Launcher ap in the root folder then used the Steam Validating Files tool to re install them back to the root folder.

I found a thread that recommended to update my Windows 10  to see if that fixed the problem, but no luck with that either.

So does any kind soul have any further repairs I could try?

Do you have some download files in queue on Steam? Launcher fails to start arma if it's running for some files update (mods or subscribed missions).

Furthermore, sometimes launcher starts  Arma with missing mods. You need to restart it to recover the full list of mods.

Have you tried running A3's Launcher in Safe Mode?

According to https://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting

You can run the Arma 3 Launcher in Safe Mode by pressing and holding Ctrl + Shift before running the Launcher and releasing them once the Launcher starts

I then disabled the HW acceleration and that solved my problems.

Thanks for the recommendations chaps, its much appreciated and i have tried safe mode start up with HW acceleration disabled and this made no difference.

I also think my question may have been misunderstood as the Launcher will start, but once it has checked for updates to the mods, Arma news etc, it will fail to launch the Arma game from the PLAY button.

Really frustrating, just wish I could get to the bottom of the problem.

Thanks for the recommendations chaps, its much appreciated and i have tried safe mode start up with HW acceleration disabled and this made no difference.

I also think my question may have been misunderstood as the Launcher will start, but once it has checked for updates to the mods, Arma news etc, it will fail to launch the Arma game from the PLAY button.

Really frustrating, just wish I could get to the bottom of the problem.

OK now I understand better.

What options (if any) are ticked in your A3 Launcher?

Thanks guys, looks like you have pinpointed the source of the issue as I just disabled the BattlEye as instructed and the Launcher PLAY button successfully launched the game. If I re enable the BattlEye then the game will not launch, but its progress. ;)

can anybody help me i keep getting this error code when i run arma 3 (Addon'A3_Data_F_Loadorder' requires addon 'A3_Static_F_Gamma_Mortar_01') im new to this pc lark and im confused as to what i have done can someone please help