Reluk

Need help with turn in/out and FFV

Im new to the modelling i made myself a workable car but i want to make turn in out position with workable hatch and when the person turn out they would be able to shoot (FFV). Is there  any tutorial or something ? So far what i searched i couldnt find anything. Any help would be welcome thx :)

Im new to the modelling i made myself a workable car but i want to make turn in out position with workable hatch and when the person turn out they would be able to shoot (FFV). Is there  any tutorial or something ? So far what i searched i couldnt find anything. Any help would be welcome thx :)

Here are some config.cpp settings to use in the class Turret to enable FFV and turn-in/out for the cargo proxy.

You'll also need to understand class inheritance and animation sources.

class Turrets : Turrets {
  class MyNewTurret : CargoTurret {
    gunnerAction = "vehicle_turnout_2";
    gunnerInAction = "passenger_generic01_foldhands";
    canHideGunner = 1;                     // Enable Turn-In/Out
    outGunnerMayFire = 1;                  // FFV when turned-out
    enabledByAnimationSource = "MyHatch";  // FFV disabled when MyHatch is closed
  };
}; 

So if i understand this correctly by setting up this i should have a working turn in out position with "FFV" but only thing thats missing is too enable the animation of the hatch when i turn in and out ? And of course make the animation somehow.

I've just noted down the basics with which you can experiment.

Of course, it gets more complicated if by "turn-out" you mean that you also want the cargo proxy to move from his internal seat to an external position, rather than the simpler ffv situation of 'hatch/door/window is open, so proxy can raise gun and shoot from cargo seat'.

I recommend that you start simple by playing with those commands and getting a cargo proxy who can shoot, then move on to animating the hatch and linking it to the ffv, then worry about the cargo proxy animation.

So i have finnaly managed to got everything working but only problem that i still have is that the when i turn in i can still shoot and even move is there a way to lock him in place and make him not able to shoot ? I have tried       inGunnerMayFire = 0;          outGunnerMayFire = 1; but only thing that it do was that it bugged the view point when im turned in any idea on how to fix this ?

class Turrets
		{
		 class CargoTurret_01 : Cargoturret {
				gunnerCompartments = "Compartment1";
				gunnerAction = "vehicle_passenger_stand_2";
				gunnerInAction = "passenger_MRAP_01_front";
				gunnerName = "Commander (FFV)";
				memoryPointsGetInGunner = "pos cargo";
				memoryPointsGetInGunnerDir = "pos cargo dir";
				proxyIndex = 1;
				canHideGunner = 1;
				isPersonTurret = 1;
				LODTurnedIn = 1200;
				LODTurnedOut = -1;
				animationSourceHatch = "hatchCommander";
				enabledByAnimationSource = "hatchCommander";
				memoryPointGunnerOptics = "";
				minElev = -15;
				maxElev = 50;
				initElev = 0;
				minTurn = -120;
				maxTurn = 100;
				initTurn = 0;
			};
		};

Hate to necro an old thread but has a solution for this been found?

My turret and turnout work fantastic.... except the turned in cargo position can still fire his weapon. 

Nope still not fixed but i changed my vehicle so it doesnt use turn in/out position. So sadly cant help you with this. I gave up after countless tries with no effect and decided to redesign my vehicle a bit. Hope you find a solution. If you will feel free to post it here, it could be useful for my in future.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:36 AM, wld427 said:

Hate to necro an old thread but has a solution for this been found?

My turret and turnout work fantastic.... except the turned in cargo position can still fire his weapon. 

Im also having this problem.

Also when the gunner is turned-in the First-Person-View ("Camera") is at the soldiers feet.

If you or anyone else has found a solution to this problem then please post it.

Thanks.

--------------------------

+Update:

So the inGunnerMayFire as well as the outGunnerMayFire set to 0 are bugging the view.

It does not remove the ability to shoot turned in / out.

Those two parameters are also not noted on the "Arma 3 Car Config Guidelines".

Has someone found a solution to prevent the gunner from shooting while turned-in?

Edited by marviniwurscht
Update 1.0