vaxoiva

make a river

know a way to make a river?

i use TB and l3dt can i make river use this tools

not very depth about 1-1.5m and length is half from  my 2048x2048 map

i think that you cant use water above sea level so far... here

check this and this , maybe you will find something for your needs

ok tnx i try curve it in TB

I too have been looking into rivers.  I noticed some "ponds" in XCam, but have not tested it out yet in game.  Something i have learned is unless the river is decently wide, using a 5m or 10m multiplier in TB prevents you from carving a smaller river.  Just something to think about. 

maybe you could string together a bunch of the ponds from chernarus (they are in ca/structures/Pond)

tnx for replay

this is my first ALPHA 1.0000000v  river   :D  i use l3dt  but it very hard work i must say

kdFeNpA.png

I am learning that L3DT is good for getting you to a good starting point, but you will need to use TB and Buldozer to fine tune what you want.  Are you planning to widen this?  It looks way to narrow to be a river imo.  

put your heightmap in L3dt using xyz format, then use the buldozer or avalanch tool to shape the riverbanks 

on image its 11 px and i must do 3px its little river

i use .asc too

but i have one problem i have 0 -1400 vertical range heightfield and from buttom when i star river it fine for me but on top i get big canyons

i get idea get lower around but if are some other way get water level where i whant and not all of the map

the import extention is irrelevent .asc or .xyz the point was to use the l3dt tools to do your smoothing and shaping 

i think i use ponds and drew river on texture map

now ponds are bugy

I too have been looking into rivers.  I noticed some "ponds" in XCam, but have not tested it out yet in game.  Something i have learned is unless the river is decently wide, using a 5m or 10m multiplier in TB prevents you from carving a smaller river.  Just something to think about. 

place ponds and make 0 setfog 1 and you see :)

Avoid ponds, they don't work with fog present yeah, that is correct.