slatosniper

Player Joining Problems (Dedicated Server)

Hi Everyone,

Been scratching my brain a fair bit and can't seem to figure this one out so thanks in advance anyone who has a suggestion as to the cause.

The Issue:

After a few mates join the server, let's say two. From that point on everyone else who tries to connect either can't see the server or get the dreaded Connection Failed message.

We are running @RHSUSAF but version mismatch has been eliminated as I hosted the sources files which everyone downloaded ie. they are using the same copy. Some report that in the server browser it has a red dot next to @RHUSAF.

The server is running on its own machine on my network with Windows Server 2012 R2.

What I've tried.

• Checking Port Forwarding (OK). (WAN -> Modem -> The Dedicated Server)
  • Restarting the server and the physical box.
  • Restarting the router.
  • Checked the Firewall Rules (OK).
  • Going through the Dedicated Server Tutorial twice to see if I missed anything (Not that I can see).

I've used an online UDP scanner and these are the results to my Public IP:

PORT            STATE                  SERVICE
2302/udp    open|filtered    binderysupport
2303/udp    open|filtered    unknown
2304/udp    open|filtered    unknown
2305/udp    open|filtered    unknown
2306/udp    open|filtered    unknown

Once again. Thanks for any assist. Its incredibly frustrating building an awesome mission, advertising it to your mates only to have "Issues" on the big night.

After a few mates join the server, let's say two. From that point on everyone else who tries to connect either can't see the server or get the dreaded Connection Failed message.

Based on the fact that at least two are able to join in the beginning, I would rule out all router port forwarding and firewall issues because clearly those would affect any and all connections. Howabout server bandwidth setting ? Is it possible that server blocks incoming connections if there's insufficient bandwidth set either in server (or router) connection configuration ?

I myself once had severe performance problems with the A3 server due to incorrect bandwidth config - took me some time to figure it out.

Nikander

• Like 1