I am working on a mission that needs random respawn points for players. At the moment I have randomized starting points set up using map markers. Is there a way to set random spawn points where each time someone respawns there is a chance of spawning at any one of the points? If so please explain.

Thank You

There are a bunch of ways to do it.

If it were me doing this, I would put the built-in respawn_west or whatever marker far away from the actual AO and then at the start of the mission give the player a respawn event handler that will randomly pick one of from the list of all respawn markers that apply to that guy's team or whatever and then teleport her there.

I think I read somewhere that you can also just put respawn_west2, respawn_west3, etc markers down and that also works as a built-in, vanilla way of doing it?  But I don't know whether it's random or you just pick from the list of possible places to spawn when you do it that way.

you could set the probability of presence?

Is that what you're looking for?

you could set the probability of presence?

Is that what you're looking for?

That is not what I am looking for. I would like the spawn to vary from person to person.

Thanks anyway.

waitUntil {!isNull findDisplay 46};

_random = ["civ_spawn_1","civ_spawn_2","civ_spawn_3","civ_spawn_4"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

player setPos (getMarkerPos _random);