tazmania720

Which Arma game offers what?

I just picked up all the Arma games from the sale.  I plan to play them at some point, but right now I want to use assets for my terrain.  Which ones should I install first to get them pulled into my work drive?  I'm guessing Arma 2 and Arma Gold Edition. Thanks.

Sorry for not being more detailed in my question.  I own Arma 3 already and have been working on a terrain.  I figured since the Arma games were on sale to buy all of the past games, which I did.  I am asking, for the sake of saving space for now, which game and DLC I should install to get the same things that are in CUP.  And since it was brought up, is there a difference between the two?

At this point the only reason to play the older games (arma 1 and arma 2) are the Single Player Campaign experiences.  The game's modding community has effectively extracted all of the good bits from the previous iterations of the franchise and put them into the newest one, arma 3.

• Like 1

Hello - for some reason I am unable to post any topic on this forums (maybe because I am newly registered) but perhaps leaving my question in this thread will not be too far off the subject. I recently got interested in the game and I am considering purchasing Arma3. However there are so many DLCs that I am not sure whether I should buy everything or was there one big DLC containing previous smaller one (which probably wouldn't make much sense for people who paid for these). I would appreciate any advice as to what I should buy to start my adventure with Arma3. Thanks

You are correct as to why you can't post yet.  I am not sure how many replies you have to do first before you can post your own.  

I had the base Arma3 for a while before upgrading to anything.  There are a ton of mods out there that can get you the same, if not better, things in game.  A friend bought me Apex and I waited till the DLC bundle was on super sale to get all the rest.  Hope this helps.

If you don't mind the graphics, first try Arma Cold war Assault with mods. After that, arma 1 with ace mod , then arma 2 with ace mod, and arma 3. If you are after classic arma experience the last game in the series is least like the others. Not to mention less money spent on DLCs on A3 and classic arma experience on previous games if you decide to go with first 3 games (excluding arma 3 which is in a way the 4th).

On 12/18/2016 at 3:42 AM, skookam said:

Hello - for some reason I am unable to post any topic on this forums (maybe because I am newly registered) but perhaps leaving my question in this thread will not be too far off the subject. I recently got interested in the game and I am considering purchasing Arma3. However there are so many DLCs that I am not sure whether I should buy everything or was there one big DLC containing previous smaller one (which probably wouldn't make much sense for people who paid for these). I would appreciate any advice as to what I should buy to start my adventure with Arma3. Thanks

Imo i would suggest starting with arma2OA as it not only has arma2 but the OA part is the expansion of it, theres a ton of mods for it and the game is not as

complex and as simulated (at least in my mind) as Arma3, and definitely buy Arma3, although for arma3 if you can wait til steam has a holiday sale

get it when its on a discount, overall it dont matter as its the best investment in a game you can make, theres a ton of everything, see my review on arma3: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ArmaWarMod/recommended/107410/

I am not sure how many replies you have to do first before you can post your own.  

You need 5 posts, so just reply to threads of interest and put your 2 cents in, and it will unlock.

As for Arma2OA again, if you get my COWarMod---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14699

It has 230+ addons and mods in it that covers many areas of the game in terms of function and gameplay, play the base game then try my mod and see the difference, many things you can do,

the mods in there are all from the Arma2, and OA community so you wouldn't be missing out aside major mods like ACE, or others,

I do have a COWarModACE version too if you go that route, but just a idea for you to play with.